Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any case, the point I was trying to make is, should the Dev's say it's an artwork issue, it's just not true. Every knight robe I have ever worn already has a hood down model in the game that can be observed using certain types of headgear (like the Battlelord glasses). It's just a matter of someone changing the model to use the hood down image with the Hide Helmet option, I know it can't be THAT difficult....

Currently it's: armor + headgear = appearance

Just needs to be: armor + headgear + helmet option = appearance.

I would like to see some of the other armors in game as well especially the colored up character creation set.

Every knight robe I have ever worn already has a hood down model in the game that can be observed using certain types of headgear (like the Battlelord glasses).

Well, that is not exactly true. Such headgear removes the hood completely, not puts it down. Though i agree on everything else, there are lots of hooded down alternatives in-game in a form of useless green/blue low level items.

Well, that is not exactly true. Such headgear removes the hood completely, not puts it down. Though i agree on everything else, there are lots of hooded down alternatives in-game in a form of useless green/blue low level items.

Not really, there is only one (!) heavy robe with a hood down. It's blue quality and blue in colour. I had a nice comparision shot in the other thread between that hood-down piece and the other with hood up.

<3 I spent 2000 hours in The Old Republic and I cannot get used to it, man. Republic Fleet is full of monks -_- I played 3 Imperial clases so far and about to play Agent. So far I am happy with the gear and all. Juggernaut looks great and has a range of hood up and hood down looks. I love this class, it's playstyle and really fun DPSing. I really wanted to mirror that with a Jedi guardian right after I finished my SW storyline but I just couldn't look at my character covered by hood for the whole time. By the way, feel to contribute any pictures and all you find. Because I didn't play all the classes my knowledge of gear sets for any other classes than Kngiht/Warrior is rather limited.

I have to agree that BW failed when it comes to Republic armor sets. The Empire's armor sets look so much cooler/better is almost every case.

Pretty sad when you think about it.

Actually that's a good point

I usually avoid the forums, because they depress me, but this topic is one I am passionate about :D I would love to see more moddable sets for all classes. And I feel all your pain Jedi, as I could never get mine to look the way I wanted either. But it's not just the Jedi! My poor lil marauder just wants a hooded robe. I think they could solve a lot of issues by just making more items availiable to both factions. The dark blue Black Talon one for Jedi, and one of the neutral hooded ones for Sith.

Anyways, sorry for the jumbled thoughts, love the thread and hopefully they take notice eventually :p

I usually avoid the forums, because they depress me, but this topic is one I am passionate about :D I would love to see more moddable sets for all classes. And I feel all your pain Jedi, as I could never get mine to look the way I wanted either. But it's not just the Jedi! My poor lil marauder just wants a hooded robe. I think they could solve a lot of issues by just making more items availiable to both factions. The dark blue Black Talon one for Jedi, and one of the neutral hooded ones for Sith.

Anyways, sorry for the jumbled thoughts, love the thread and hopefully they take notice eventually :p

Hey. Any voice matters. And I am sure they noticed it ages ago - they are just preparing it all for the Cash Shop. It would be very unfair if those items made it to the Cash Shop. Tbh I really wish the Cash Shop made it already because I seriously want my dream-sets (from the trailers...) asap.

Just from that first video, the knight 'class' video, the hair option isn't there. the facial 'type' isn't there either. and some of those moves/abilities aren't there either (or changed) like that whole pull-out-the-saber-toss-it-in-air-and-grab-it-in-mid-air-and-ignite flourish. :(

But yes hood down jedi battlelord robes :(

Just from that first video, the knight 'class' video, the hair option isn't there. the facial 'type' isn't there either. and some of those moves/abilities aren't there either (or changed) like that whole pull-out-the-saber-toss-it-in-air-and-grab-it-in-mid-air-and-ignite flourish. :(

I am more annoyed about the armor than abilities/moves. Didn't even pay attention to that.

Part of the reason I resubbed was just so I could post on this thread. This is dispicable. All of this gear is likely to be 'sold' to us through the cash shop. Whether you want to believe it or not, its the truth, and if it doesn't appear in the cash shop, you can guarentee it'll only appear on one faction instead of both (see the bazillion examples of sith armor vs jedi armor). You're shown to look a certain way as a jedi knight on toon creation screen, but you will likely have to PAY to look like that - WHAT THE F***?

------Edit------

Don't get me wrong, if they hadn't advertised the gear, there'd be no issue, not the fact that the gear exists, the files exists, the clothing has been skinned and rigged - its what you'd consider a 'game ready' model, hence why they used them in video's. To take them out so that they could specifically try and profit from it later, seems very dodgy to me.

It's like creating a level based console game. Showing trailers for the game, glimpses of levels and so on. Then going so far as to have a trailer where a dev plays through a part of a level to show you the games awesomeness. Then it turns out they removed that level from the finished copy even though it was finished/ready to be played, and they decided to put it in as a paid DLC later. But when you first bought the game at/before release you were under the impression that the level was in it? DODGY.

Edited by Nanglez

Sweet Cartel Coin item: Armor reinforcement. Consumable.

Reinforces a green, blue, or purple quality armor piece allowing the insertion of the appropriate mods for the item.

This would be quite amazing.

The armor I'm hoping to acquire when the Cartel Market launches is the one Thana Vesh wears on Taris.

PS: I know the PvP armor is similar, but I don't like the spikes, the tubing, the hood etc.

Edited by Kyneris

I noticed that aswell, isn't it awesome how these video's were shown during preorder stage of the game (the part where they take a bulk of your money at once), but the final release is missing probably 20-30-40% of the content displayed in the video's?

I do wonder whether advertising mostly through youtube prevents claims of false advertising and the like. I really really think this is absolute crap. I only got to level 30 in the beta, but I do remember people farming coruscant world boss for a lower level white crystal, aswell as people running around with various other knick nacks you no longer see.

The most recent patch brought to my attention that the ability to toggle a hood from a hood model exists in the game, however Bioware appears to have no idea how to simply add a button for it. On my Jedi sage I have this funny helmet that when i display it, hood disappears, but when i remove it, hood reappears. To me that say's the model itself is capable of having its hood toggled, as it seems so do several others i tried (The only other ones i had in my bank all worked).

I love how Bioware selectively responds to community issues, it was a refreshing thing to resub to. It's unlikely we'll ever see a 'Bioware first post' button on this thread, as no dev could really provide an answer other then "It was so we could... you know... give it to you later? SHHHH YOU NEVER HAD IT BEFORE, BETA DIDN'T HAPPEN".

Edited by Nanglez

Part of the reason I resubbed was just so I could post on this thread. This is dispicable. All of this gear is likely to be 'sold' to us through the cash shop. Whether you want to believe it or not, its the truth, and if it doesn't appear in the cash shop, you can guarentee it'll only appear on one faction instead of both (see the bazillion examples of sith armor vs jedi armor). You're shown to look a certain way as a jedi knight on toon creation screen, but you will likely have to PAY to look like that - WHAT THE F***?

------Edit------

Don't get me wrong, if they hadn't advertised the gear, there'd be no issue, not the fact that the gear exists, the files exists, the clothing has been skinned and rigged - its what you'd consider a 'game ready' model, hence why they used them in video's. To take them out so that they could specifically try and profit from it later, seems very dodgy to me.

It's like creating a level based console game. Showing trailers for the game, glimpses of levels and so on. Then going so far as to have a trailer where a dev plays through a part of a level to show you the games awesomeness. Then it turns out they removed that level from the finished copy even though it was finished/ready to be played, and they decided to put it in as a paid DLC later. But when you first bought the game at/before release you were under the impression that the level was in it? DODGY.

Wow... Having someone to resub so he can post in my thread is a good deal. I feel honored.

Come on people, need more of your rage.

Agreed, this is sad :( if we really need something right now, its more gear diversity, some of these sets are looking really, really good. Add them back to game devs, please :)

115 replies, 6600 views, and not a post from Bioware in sight. I wonder if its because there is not justifiable a answer. It's so bizarre that all these awesome game assets exist, and have existed since the start, yet they never used them. Meanwhile their game goes down the *******? It's like forgetting you have deck of aces shoved up your sleeve. Nice job Bioware, you actively screwed yourself.

Even chat bubbles... You guy's cant figure out... CHAT... BUBBLES...

You're in charge of a Star Wars franchise project and you cant figure out the intricate coding behind chat bubbles that won't dramatically effect the games performance. (From memory they had bubbles in beta but removed them because they were allegedly causing lag.)

Edited by Nanglez

I honestly don't mind chat bubbles not being in there. I found it nice and easy by using normal chat when I RPd. Chat bubbles wouldn't look nice in TOR now.

But yeah... Lack of an answer from Bioware to the removal of armor sets from the game and not putting in the armor from ads is rather concerning. I love the game, I want it to thrive - I just feel that Jedi Knight players are really affected by lack of proper apperance which affects their game experience. Caped armor fits Sith, but not a Jedi.

Last hope is the cash shop and that it will have really reasonable prices (not 10 quid, which is like 4-5 hours of work for your average Centeral/Eastern European person) unlike Battlefield Heroes (EA's f2p game) with it's texture sets for sick prices of 10 Euro.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

In a game where gear is one of the few draws to continue to play IMO, having the initial gear look so silly (again, IMO) was a serious mistake.

IMO all gear should be orange gear. But short of that all gear should be convertible to orange gear with empty slots. Finally, all missing gear should be added to crafting, albeit orange with empty slots.

Oooh, I vote for this. I like the idea of "game ready" armor being added to the game, but how about letting us modify gear that's ALREADY in the game? Re-release gear that already exists as green or blue stats, but make it orange. You could greatly multiply the options available to us with very little effort.

As a side note, I just finished the Consular story, and as a whole I was disappointed. Not by the story (although it wasn't as good as the BH story I finished before that), but by the stupid light armor my toon had to wear. More varieties of armor, PLEASE!!!!!

Edited by DPCummerbund

/ bump support. I've got my Sentinel wearing the Smugglers Drelliad jacket because I couldn't find a Jedi style that didn't look like a rag heap. Figured the leather jacket on a hovercycle look was the best way for him to go until when/if more sets were made available.

I want those outfits from the character creation screen available :( For republic side anyway. Haven't paid attention to the imperial side ones.

I want that Jedi Knight armor with a silver armor matched revan mask.. that would be to cool! =o I gave up on getting battlelord since it just won't drop.

I want that Jedi Knight armor with a silver armor matched revan mask.. that would be to cool! =o I gave up on getting battlelord since it just won't drop.

Battlelord is pain, I just camped GTN. Some people actually do farm them through lv 300, i think, TH boxes. or 340. Dunno, I am not a pub. I spent only 3 mil on the full set back when I got it in February. It's still in my cargo and boe - waiting for the better times.