Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...

-Me-

My character's look. This is far worse then whatever you was trying to fix Bioware. far far worse.

I'm trying to think of a proper PR and maybe PG way to explain this but there really is only one way. This patch has given my character a rather large feminine hygiene product. My character is wearing dancer bottoms and now poking out of the sides in the rear is a huge square distorted in color from the normal skin color. What else can it be but a ... you know?

Who's the lunatic that complained about dancer bottoms and why have you tried "fixing" it only to destroy it? There was nothing wrong with the way it was, there was no nudity at all.

I don't spend my time starting at cartoon derrieres but I noticed this the very 1st cutscene since your cutscenes do like to zoom in on derrieres. Given that fact, why haven't you changed the cutscene angles too? Seems just as bad as whatever you was trying to fix here.

Anyway, the look of my character is now ruined, it was my look, i don't care if anyone else likes it or not and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but you Bioware had to listen to some nun or someone and as a result has ruined my character's look. That is something you just don't do in a MMO. I got so disgusted I just logged out, came here to rant and I guess I'll go log into somewhere else that does not distort things that honestly do not need distorting.

Can i get some sort of explanation please? What good are patch notes when you leave things out? That seems a common occurrence I've noticed with many things in this game.

Screen shot: http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/1413477/pics/original/2328858.jpg

Edited by -Me-

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not exactly RP gear, anyhow.

Either way, I'm sure they know. You need to cool off about that. If you're that focused on your appearance in a game to the point where you do not care one bit about the rest of the game without it you may want to look elsewhere.

Edited by Pingonaut

What exactly happened?

Thought I did a OK job at explaining LOL. Apparently someone thought dancer bottoms are too revealing so they tried to clean it up I guess but it looks horrible now. Across the buttocks is a square and its distorted making it obvious there is a distorted square across the buttocks.

It is hard to notice unless your in a cutscene but its impossible to miss when you are. It's so messed up looking it distracts you from anything else going on.

To the post above this one. Of course the characters looks are very important. It's very hard to get a unique look in this game and much more one you personally like. Add to that the dye system and once you mix and match enough armors to find something acceptable, you've spent a great deal of credits to simply have the game change your look to something unacceptable and forcing you to start over with another big expense.

That's not exactly RP gear, anyhow.

Either way, I'm sure they know. You need to cool off about that. If you're that focused on your appearance in a game to the point where you do not care one bit about the rest of the game without it you may want to look elsewhere.

Considering the amount of money that Bio makes off of the cartel market because of a character's appearance in a game I would say he does have a valid point.

I don't use the dancer bottoms but don't see a reason why someone would have an issue if someone did use them. It's more tame than most panty shots in anime...

Jorm

Can anyone link pictures? It's for uhhh... research!

Seriously tho, I am curious, and Since i have to play on low graphics, probably wont notice it.

Tried but I don't see a insert image. Tried insert link and it took me into my photobucket library itself. You aint getting that :eek:

Tried but I don't see a insert image. Tried insert link and it took me into my photobucket library itself. You aint getting that :eek:

Get the link for the picture. I use photobucket a lot, and I just go to my bucket, select the pic, right click and open in new window, then copy and paste that link.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g345/Craigus94/2012-05-26_00001.jpg

<- A link to a picture using that

The just URL it and you're away! (I dont think pictures work on this part of forum)

Edited by ChewyYui

Get the link for the picture. I use photobucket a lot, and I just go to my bucket, select the pic, right click and open in new window, then copy and paste that link.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g345/Craigus94/2012-05-26_00001.jpg

<- A link to a picture using that

The just URL it and you're away! (I dont think pictures work on this part of forum)

I don't get it. I click your link and all i get is the picture but when i click mine in preview it still opens my library. I don't trust it without a insert image.

If you really want to see it take a female toon to the GTN and preview a dancer bottom and zoom in on the rear end. If your colored alien it really shines.

I don't get it. I click your link and all i get is the picture but when i click mine in preview it still opens my library. I don't trust it without a insert image.

If you really want to see it take a female toon to the GTN and preview a dancer bottom and zoom in on the rear end. If your colored alien it really shines.

In photobucket when you click your actual picture, so it shows the picture and you can click to go to next one ect. there is box on side, with "IMG, HTML, DIRECT" and such, you can click direct and post that link and it will go directly to pic. If you dont want to post a picture, then no worries, Ill go look in game and turn grphics wayyy up, but hopefully that helps you in the future at least in some way

Considering the amount of money that Bio makes off of the cartel market because of a character's appearance in a game I would say he does have a valid point.

I don't use the dancer bottoms but don't see a reason why someone would have an issue if someone did use them. It's more tame than most panty shots in anime...

Jorm

Yeah really, take DCUO for instance. The females in that game actually show a camel toe with almost anything you wear. Another game I'm in alpha with but can't name for that reason has thongs for under garments for male and female. It's going to be a PG rating same as this game.

So what gives Bioware? I don't go on tangents often but you messed with my toon and didn't even say you were going to. That's....bad.

In photobucket when you click your actual picture, so it shows the picture and you can click to go to next one ect. there is box on side, with "IMG, HTML, DIRECT" and such, you can click direct and post that link and it will go directly to pic. If you dont want to post a picture, then no worries, Ill go look in game and turn grphics wayyy up, but hopefully that helps you in the future at least in some way

Sorry, not going to do it. I did get it to just show the picture by logging off my photobucket. Weird but whatever. The URL still shows my username and all that other gibberish and I just don't want to trust you hackers. No offense :rolleyes:

I haven't seen this, but are we really sure this is a censorship thing? There are so many pieces of gear with visual bugs, this just sounds like a new one to me. :confused: This wouldn't be the first time that someone's logged in after a patch and noticed that their character's gear didn't look quite right anymore.

Regardless of the cause, I do hope it is fixed (along with all the other bugged CM gear, sigh). The fact that this is a super sexy piece of gear doesn't mean that the people using it put any less thought and care into their character's appearances than people with, I dunno, more traditional looking outfits.

Sorry, not going to do it. I did get it to just show the picture by logging off my photobucket. Weird but whatever. The URL still shows my username and all that other gibberish and I just don't want to trust you hackers. No offense :rolleyes:

Just unplug your computer and throw it away. You're way too paranoid and way too uneducated to even work a photobucket, you don't need to be on a computer.

I haven't seen this, but are we really sure this is a censorship thing? There are so many pieces of gear with visual bugs, this just sounds like a new one to me. :confused: This wouldn't be the first time that someone's logged in after a patch and noticed that their character's gear didn't look quite right anymore.

Regardless of the cause, I do hope it is fixed (along with all the other bugged CM gear, sigh). The fact that this is a super sexy piece of gear doesn't mean that the people using it put any less thought and care into their character's appearances than people with, I dunno, more traditional looking outfits.

I believe it was done on purpose. I might of thought bug myself but along with the obvious patch on the butt they also raised the bikini to cover more up the back. Extending it higher shouldn't be just a bug unless the game somehow reverted to a pre-bata concept model that was not actually deleted from the code.

those bikini bottoms were ugly as hell anyway. the tops look much better when combined with other stuff

I agree but that still doesn't mean they should change it, and in such a poor way. the only time I use the dance bottoms is w/ the Consular dread guard toga robe for bare calfs, and you can't even see the bottoms with that set up... so this doesn't affect me but I still think its a crap thing to do to people.