Flashpoints and hard modes question

They are pretty tough to beat due to the enrage timers. However if you have a decent group with half decent gear it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just make sure to get your gear modded with the best level mods you can get your hands on.

You can't do the HM's in greens. Most of normal EV is easier than HM flashpoints.

Well I am not in greens :) I try to have the best gear on me that I can find on the GTN. I was just curious of the optimal progression i.e. "try to do this first for a few times, then try to move there" etc.

If you somehow can't do HM Black Talon on the first day of reaching 50 (it can be rough with the enrage timers), then I suggest do the Ilum/Belsavis dailies to get some epic mods to upgrade some of your gear. PVPing abit might also help if you get lucky with the champion bags Edited by Iwipe

If you somehow can't do HM Black Talon on the first day of reaching 50 (it can be rough with the enrage timers), then I suggest do the Ilum/Belsavis dailies to get some epic mods to upgrade some of your gear. PVPing abit might also help if you get lucky with the champion bags

Thanks. One last question:

In what way are hard modes different? Is it just the damage/HP of mobs or are there also different mechanics and mob skills involved?

Thanks. One last question:

In what way are hard modes different? Is it just the damage/HP of mobs or are there also different mechanics and mob skills involved?

some fights have additional mechanics to them, others dont. but almost all of them have very strict enrage timers to test your dps rotation/gear :p

HM BT should be easy enough for the most raw of 50s.

The Bonus droid is hardest boss, need to have good dps... Its easier if you make sure you interupt the Power shot.

The first fight with the captain can catch you off guard too

Maybe you will have more luck than I did but my guild tried Esseles with a group of 4 using mainly quest gear (not the mods from the dailies).

We wiped about 4-5 times on the first boss but were able to get him down eventually.

The second boss kicked our *** and we were lucky if we were able to get him down to 50% before he enraged.

I was healing and was able to keep everyone up till the boss enraged so I blame the DPS.

Maybe you will have more luck than I did but my guild tried Esseles with a group of 4 using mainly quest gear (not the mods from the dailies).

We wiped about 4-5 times on the first boss but were able to get him down eventually.

The second boss kicked our *** and we were lucky if we were able to get him down to 50% before he enraged.

I was healing and was able to keep everyone up till the boss enraged so I blame the DPS.

yes we discovered this too, Essels is not the easiest HM FP.