United Forces balance

Cuiwe

So...what can we expect from it? Will they make PyroTech(and PowerTech as a whole) more fun to play? Note that I'm not even talking about effective anymore.

Because I need to make a decision to create a Mercenary or a Powertech(both fit the character) and I don't know tbh. I like Inn.Ord on Merc side(fits really well with the character) and...almost everything on PT side, but the PT side's so underwhelming.

ap pt still does pretty good, just defensives are terrible. I was wondering if they would post something for us as well, but maybe they just forgot that there was another class. Since bioware seems to forget about pt anyways. Honestly Id be suprised if they have anything planned for this class seeing the changes they havent made over the years.

Class destroyed. Only the dedicated PT nuts are left that still play this and make it work.

PvP Ranked: Horrible, worst then dps sorc and dps jugg - it needs sorely some love in the DCD department, and ways to resist stuns. Easiest class in the game to global/focus down.

PvP regs: Tolerable. Can be really fun to burst down bads. Can put out good numbers if you can stay alive long enough in engagements. Good at defending doors and nodes due to shoulder cannon. It's playable in regs, but still is out shined by Snipers and good mercs.

PvE fp/storystuff: AP PT is really good. Not saying much though because every class is viable in FP content or story content.

PvE raids: Still good, AP PT puts out great burst damage and if you spec into reflective shield you can parse some awesome numbers in some boss battles. No idea if they are legit in Nightmare mode or not, since I don't do NiM.

I hope BW does something for them in pvp in United Forces update. I play ranked with my PT just for the lulz, but its sad that the class is in its current state. My hunch is BW doesn't care.

Edited by DenariusJay

I mean, it is somewhat good(AP PT), but it is not fun. AP PT is sorta spammy and Plasma / Pyro Tech is...lol no word. Plasma and Pyro need help and need it badly.

What's the point of that Discipline as of now?

I could live with it if it was subpar but fun in sub NiM / PvP reg. But it isn't even fun anymore. The best example could be seen in Plasma Barrage: We went from 2 procs of 2 free Ion Pulses to 1 proc of 1 free Ion Pulse. From 4 to 1. O.o

edit: And that one "free" Ion Pulse covers the cost of Fire Pulse...errr...Plasma Flare. Talk about "free". /facepalm

Edited by Cuiwe