The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 here, so a little shy of the club, but still consider myself part of the demographic anyway. Head of IT for my agency. Here's to the geriatric players!

Nothing wrong with our chosen hobby; I've been videogaming since the Pong days and will be until they pry the keyboard outta my cold dead hands. I think the days of "video games are for kids" are long dead.

I would love to find a large guild of middle-aged casual SWTOR players like the one I was in in the early WoW days. Hopefully, changes to the forums next week will make it easier; right now its a confusing mess.

I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.

It would take someone in this club to decipher your forum name. I loved Quick Draw McGraw and his side-kick Babaluie!

Oh what a fun thread!!

I'm 38 and working as a Pupil Support Assistant in a Secondary school (and I LOVE my work!). Just today I was talking to the janitors about gaming and how I hate FPS games. The young one didn't even know what an FPS game was ha ha...(and he was 28)

Mid to late thirty's here, the films have been a big part of my life, not in a live or die way, but yeah, I was pretty dissapointed with Phantom.

Wasn't going to pick this up, but glad I did, as I am enjoying it a lot.

For the Empire!

Well I am 44 but close enough. I work IT for Wells Fargo national support. I don't fit the mold at work or as a gamer.

I train everyday after work before logging in and playing the game live a healthy lifestyle and run races throughout the year.

But I love my MMOs.

Not even old enough to spell correctly.

44 here, and CTO of a medium sized company. I've been playing MMO's for 15 years. Sadly, we now get to play with the WoW generation of gear check gamers that can't accomplish anything on their own merit.

You can't see it but I'm blowing raspberrys at you.

38 (almost 39) here, Finance professional for a very large multinational. Been playing MMOs since SWG launched in 2003. I'd probably get laughed out of the building (and beaten up in the parking lot) by my co-workers if they knew the extent of my geekery.

51 here.

I remember seeing the origanl Star Wars in a small Cinema in London back in 1975. It had good surround sound though, and was one of the few that did. That opening sequence of the massive spaceships overhead and the sound that was associated with it just blew me away. I've been a Star Wars fan ever since.

Cheers.

Shame the first 3 replies you had were imature trolls, but i guess it was expected.

OT, i'm not really old tbh, coming up on 24 this year. My profession though is actually what i always wanted to do, i'm an artist in the video game industry.

I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.

41 here and yes I know what an 8 track is and your right they did suck as a medium for music.

35, Continuous Improvement Manager for an internal company, love playing this with my husband - and let the secret geek in me be known in work a few months ago and have had great fun talking to others I work with come out of the wood work as also secret gaming geeks!

Great way to blow off steam and the pressure of work :D

Mary Kay used to say, "A woman who will tell her age will tell anything." So, let me just say, I now celebrate anniversaries of my 29th birthday, and I saw Star Wars when it was originally released in theaters. I'm a doctor, a writer, and a mom. My teen patients think it is totally cool that their doctor plays video games, AND I game WITH my kids.

When I was growing up, some of my best memories were playing Pac-Man with my dad and sisters, along with Life, Mousetrap, Monopoly....

Now I play Beatles Rock Band with my dad, sister, hubby, and kids, and the entire family plays TOR together. We still play Life, Mousetrap, and Monopoly, too.

I am proud to be A Geeky Mom and Professional.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

I'm a little older, and security officer for a large website most people here have probably heard of.

And nobody at work would be shocked to know I play. They all know I'm a game geek.

Edited by imtrick

46 with two engineering degrees (mechanical engineering) and work as a designer in a Fortune 100 high tech company. I own a house, have 10 acres of forested property, and am married to a teacher who also has two degrees. No kids!!!

Yes, finding people to play with is VERY difficult with my schedule and play style...this is why I usually only play with RL friends/co-workers and very rarely PUG anything.

Edited by Thradar