Open world PvP

DarthZak

Ok whats up with this?

On my Sage I ran from Nar Shadaa till Corellia as PvP flagged and only once was I attacked, on Hoth. Same with any other toon I flag, hardly anybody attacks! All the open world PvP I see is 50's who camp lowlevel planets and grief lowbies (then the lowbies call in the cavelry and we pwn them, Im looking at you Sparoww)

We need more people actually fighting!

Ok whats up with this?

On my Sage I ran from Nar Shadaa till Corellia as PvP flagged and only once was I attacked, on Hoth. Same with any other toon I flag, hardly anybody attacks! All the open world PvP I see is 50's who camp lowlevel planets and grief lowbies (then the lowbies call in the cavelry and we pwn them, Im looking at you Sparoww)

We need more people actually fighting!

We are on a PVE server not a PVP server. I never even see 50's camping low level planets. I did used to see a Trooper on Ilum in the morning camping the Heroic's and healing the NPC's or standing in your AOE's to flag you than kill you.

Other than that the last Open World PVP I saw was Outlaws Den for the HK part, That was mostly 50's too and our guild camped the Jawa to keep it from the republic (at least until someone on the empire side started attacking us after walking into a smash). The Crying and the amount of people saying they are going to report us went on for days.

I've been yelled at via /say for killing pubs in the black hole...they told me I would be reported for griefing as simply being on "their side" of the instance was a violation of the TOS or something. Meh, they were flagged and I didn't flag them. But there are many, many ppl on the server who seem opposed to the idea of world pvp let alone participating...and all of the ones I've seen have been pubs :rolleyes:

I've been yelled at via /say for killing pubs in the black hole...they told me I would be reported for griefing as simply being on "their side" of the instance was a violation of the TOS or something. Meh, they were flagged and I didn't flag them. But there are many, many ppl on the server who seem opposed to the idea of world pvp let alone participating...and all of the ones I've seen have been pubs :rolleyes:

During the HK part I had a few Imperials crying outside the Den about it and even some followed me back to fleet. I remember even reading that people on the PVP server were trying to report people for it.

No it is not aganist the TOS so long as you did not force them to flag by the tricks I assume are still in game. Healing the NPC, dirty but also not aganist the TOS and not PVP as I know. You best hope is to ask for duels but other than waiting from people to run back during ops I almost never get a duel.

It's only griefing when people heal NPC's (that the opposite faction have to kill in daily areas), cloak themselves while flagged and run into a questing player's AOE who's killing a bunch of mobs, etc.

I've been on the receiving end of these tactics many a time and I don't particularly like being forced into PVP, but it's something we have to deal with.

No it is not aganist the TOS so long as you did not force them to flag by the tricks I assume are still in game.

What you do is you have one person flagged outside of pubs base in BH while 3 stealthers are lurking around. Works every time.

We are on a PVE server not a PVP server. I never even see 50's camping low level planets. I did used to see a Trooper on Ilum in the morning camping the Heroic's and healing the NPC's or standing in your AOE's to flag you than kill you.

Other than that the last Open World PVP I saw was Outlaws Den for the HK part, That was mostly 50's too and our guild camped the Jawa to keep it from the republic (at least until someone on the empire side started attacking us after walking into a smash). The Crying and the amount of people saying they are going to report us went on for days.

Im not saying to go full on PvP action but travelling around several planets PvP flagged and meeting loads of Imp's and none of them take a shot at me? Thats kinda "Ugh, really?"

Yea Ive seen them griefing on Ilum (both sides) a lot as well. Kinda annoying

The HK part is the funniest thing ever. I went in and there were 5 Imps waiting and slashed me down. Little did they know I was merely a scout for my Ops group which had 12 people or something, that was brilliant. But thats what open world PvP should be about! Its like gangwars and things like that and it doesnt happen nearly enough

It's only griefing when people heal NPC's (that the opposite faction have to kill in daily areas), cloak themselves while flagged and run into a questing player's AOE who's killing a bunch of mobs, etc.

I've been on the receiving end of these tactics many a time and I don't particularly like being forced into PVP, but it's something we have to deal with.

Ugh I hate it when they force flag people, they do it sometimes when killing Nightmare Pelgrim and its annoying as hell. I usually just take one other DPS and strike them down but it really messes up the rotation

Same happens to Dreadtooth btw

Pfff me and a buddy sometimes go into the Imp side just to see if anyone is flagged and then jump em, we then stick around to see if they come back with back-up :p

People dont really see the fun in it I think which is a shame

There is a reason I'm on a PvE server. I'll be honest I don't even know what a PvP flagged player looks like.

I like open world pvp in the endgame areas like Ilum and Black Hole where it can escalate into a brawl. But while questing, it seems to me to not ever be fair. "Oh, hey, I just got killed by a guy 5 levels above me. What a surprise....". Especially since I tend to always be a level or two behind the quests I'm doing.

OTOH, I do like sending duel requests to people who are sitting around the same area as me. Because at the end, they just get up and we go our seperate ways.

Edited by RyanReagan

I flag all of my characters for PVP as soon as they are high enough level to do Tatooine and leave them flagged. As a result, I've had some nice (and frustrating) open world PVP fights with Wook , omgPink, and few other Republic guilds. I've been ganked, and done some ganking, but at the end of the day I enjoy open world PVP and think it adds an interesting element to the game.

I personally hate the fact that PVP is mostly limited to WZs on this server, as I'm an old school 8v8 open world (DAoC style) player, but that's what I get for rolling on a PVE server. I wish more folks would flag themselves, but I don't begrudge them for choosing not to.

Edited by Tilyanrana

I often head to the Republic side of BH when I'm done with my dailies (when I can bring myself to actually do them) and pick fights with anyone that flagged until the Pubic zerg comes to put a stop to it. I've also been ganked at the entrance to EoT a couple of times by a pretty good Shadow from Wook. I wish more folks would do this sort of thing as it definitely makes doing the dailies grind a lot more interesting.

There is a reason I'm on a PvE server. I'll be honest I don't even know what a PvP flagged player looks like.

I like open world pvp in the endgame areas like Ilum and Black Hole where it can escalate into a brawl. But while questing, it seems to me to not ever be fair. "Oh, hey, I just got killed by a guy 5 levels above me. What a surprise....". Especially since I tend to always be a level or two behind the quests I'm doing.

OTOH, I do like sending duel requests to people who are sitting around the same area as me. Because at the end, they just get up and we go our seperate ways.

But its soooo much fun O_O

I actually almost killed someone 10 lvls above me.. almost >_>

Its a distraction during questing since I hate scouring on Tatooine for hours upon hours

Also you dont HAVE to do it Im just surprised I hardly get attacked by anyone

I flag all of my characters for PVP as soon as they are high enough level to do Tatooine and leave them flagged. As a result, I've had some nice (and frustrating) open world PVP fights with Wook , omgPink, and few other Republic guilds. I've been ganked, and done some ganking, but at the end of the day I enjoy open world PVP and think it adds an interesting element to the game.

I personally hate the fact that PVP is mostly limited to WZs on this server, as I'm an old school 8v8 open world (DAoC style) player, but that's what I get for rolling on a PVE server. I wish more folks would flag themselves, but I don't begrudge them for choosing not to.

I actually got attacked twice on Tatooine today when I was on my Marauder, the Commando wiped me and the Sage got wiped by me :p

I dont begrudge people, I just made this thread so people are reminded that theres others out there that enjoy it every now and then

I do feel it makes it more fun while doing running around. But I do get yelled at a few times if I win (I think it has a lot to do with me being a DPS sorc). Other than Mercs (I have been told) we are supposed to be bottom for DPS and anyone should be able to beat us into the ground.

I am loving the new section I run around there flagged and have some great fun, but I do not attack even if they are flagged when they are trying to get the WB, that just seems bad form (I know not very Imp like).

I often go around the Republic side of the Black Hole on my juggernaut, doing archaeology while waiting for a WZ to pop. Sometimes I am able to start an all-out war with two groups going at it, or just to have a few skirmishes. Other times nobody flags for me.

Maybe we can have a "stay flagged day" event. For one day, those who are not opposed to PvP will flag everywhere. Then people can have a bit more adventure doing all those dailies, or leveling in contested territories. Say, first Friday of each month or some such?

Well, what would really help is if each of the shared questing planets would have an open world PVP area kind of like smuggler's den but only people within a certain level range may enter. Quite frankly, a huge issue with open world PVP is the fact you get 50s running around ganking lowbies just to piss them off. So, having areas where only lowbies can enter may actually get people doing open world PVP. It would further help to encourage people to go into the area if it was also a means to level. Hate queseting on Hoth, go to the open world area and go PVP and level up. As for lvl 50 open world PVP areas, how about some incentive such as getting credits for killing other players.

The other issue with open world PVP in this game would be the fact you have stealth classes that can stay in stealth as long as they want. They could hang out it in an area where the mobs are green for them and when someone from the opposing factions comes to the area to quest they could come out of stealth and attack that player who really wouldn't stand a chance.