FP ninjas - why I just left the game.

sithrommie

At least in WOW, you can only roll NEED if it's somethign the character you're playing on AT THAT MOMENT can use.

In SWTOR,

I hear at least 1x per FP "well i don't need it and i know we have a (fill in the blank) in the group now that could use the upgrade, but I want (fill in companion name) to have it because it's an upgrade for my companion.

that is BS

It means that we will have people roll need on EVERY SINGLE DROP because we all will have or do have

5 companions that can use everything - so there will be almost no chance of personal upgrades

due to loot whores/ninja's.

ps - not reading responses. Only loot whores/ninjas will protest, so no point reading it. already left for another game. cya.

I don't care about the teeny bopper flamers who will come on and say they want it as it is --- they are the loot whores in question --- until you wise up and put in the safeguards that WOW has,

FP's and LFG in particular is a sham, and a waste.

goodbye.

Edited by sithrommie

At least in WOW, you can only roll NEED if it's somethign the character you're playing on AT THAT MOMENT can use.

In SWTOR,

I hear at least 1x per FP "well i don't need it and i know we have a (fill in the blank) in the group now that could use the upgrade, but I want (fill in companion name) to have it because it's an upgrade for my companion.

that is BS

It means that we will have people roll need on EVERY SINGLE DROP because we all will have or do have

5 companions that can use everything - so there will be almost no chance of personal upgrades

due to loot whores/ninja's.

ps - not reading responses. Only loot whores/ninjas will protest, so no point reading it. already left for another game. cya.

I don't care about the teeny bopper flamers who will come on and say they want it as it is --- they are the loot whores in question --- until you wise up and put in the safeguards that WOW has,

FP's and LFG in particular is a sham, and a waste.

goodbye.

Yeah, it's so hard to add them to your ignore list so they never get a Queue pop with you again. You can find the ninjas all over the forums with their 'We need cross server LFG' posts.

So 1 person not only took the loot you wanted, but he made you quit.

You give other people to much power over your life. :)

This.

@OP; WoW did not have that feature until fairly recently (within the last year or so). When their LFD was launched, there was no "Only select need on stuff you can wear" feature. It took Blizzard just over a year to get that implemented. In the mean time, players were ninja'ing gear for alts or friends, the frost orbs at the time, and so on.

So a player "grabs" an item you wanted for he's companion what are you gonna do about it - nothing. Suck it up be frustrated for a minute then just leave it he was the ******e that did it it doesnt help to whine about it here.

Well, if a player is constantly rolling need on items and you just have to keep him on the team, then the entire group can just decide to roll need on everything. Then, everyone has a chance to win.

Of course, the "loot ninja," wanting to be different will start rolling greed. Then he won't be much of a loot ninja anymore.

Bottom line: If another person is only rolling need, then just roll need as well to counter them.

Thankfully, I've never come into such a situation. Every team I've played had people who only rolled greed, or at least asked to roll need beforehand.

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=2520109

We're being trolled, folks. He's been making "OMG I UNSUB" posts since 4/13 if you see his post history.

Paige

Sneaky little trolls.... BTW, I the problem for me is not the Ninjas but those who honestly didn't mean to Need the item. There is no way to atone, trade or somehow put it back. Shouldn't that be an option?

Hello all,

We do appreciate all forms of feedback, even if it is negative. However, we do ask that it is constructive. Since "i quit" threads do not promote constructive discussion and only tend to attract flames and negative replies, we do not allow them. With this in mind we are going to go ahead and close the thread.

For those who are interested in the topic of rolling need/greed in a group, we have an older thread with a good amount of discussion on the topic. Feel free to read through and revive that discussion if you wish to give your opinion on it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=450695

Edited by Qishari