WHATTT? Twi'Lek Eshka and Zabrak were made by the Rakkta?

Magnusheart

Talking to a Rakata Machine.... read this mind blowing statement...

Bioware has the power to do that? xD wow.

for those wondering the machine is part of the inquisitor act 3 story with belsavis, nothing story spoiling besides this machine admitting it invented the Zabrak, Twi'lek and Esh-Ka..

Edited by Magnusheart

Don't expect members of said species to accept that claim. ;)

Also, don't be surprised if someone else eventually comes in and claims otherwise, forcing yet another series of retcons to an already retcon-filled franchise.

(And don'cha'no, the Rakata and the Gree created the entire SW universe as we know it! :rolleyes:)

(And don'cha'no, the Rakata and the Gree created the entire SW universe as we know it! :rolleyes:)

Actually I am pretty certain it was the Celestials who did that, not the Rakata and the Gree. Seeing as how it was the Celestials who essentially invented the Force to begin with.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Actually I am pretty certain it was the Celestials who did that, not the Rakata and the Gree. Seeing as how it was the Celestials who essentially invented the Force to begin with.

the celestial invented the WHAAAAAT?

no way!no!seriously?100% serious?

because i can't find it on wookieepedia.

the celestial invented the WHAAAAAT?

no way!no!seriously?100% serious?

because i can't find it on wookieepedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

First Paragraph, they didn't necessarily invent the force per se, what they did was establish the balance between the Light and Dark Side. At least that is what the Jedi and the Sith believe. They were also the oldest Interstellar Civilization with aspirations of control over the Galaxy in the Star Wars Universe, predating both the Infinite Empire and the Gree.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Talking to a Rakata Machine.... read this mind blowing statement...

Bioware has the power to do that? xD wow.

for those wondering the machine is part of the inquisitor act 3 story with belsavis, nothing story spoiling besides this machine admitting it invented the Zabrak, Twi'lek and Esh-Ka..

Put that as a spoiler! Im still on act 1!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

First Paragraph, they didn't necessarily invent the force per se, what they did was establish the balance between the Light and Dark Side. At least that is what the Jedi and the Sith believe. They were also the oldest Interstellar Civilization with aspirations of control over the Galaxy in the Star Wars Universe, predating both the Infinite Empire and the Gree.

yeah well they guided the balance yes.

Oh, I know this.

The Rakata lost their ability to sense the Force, and thus invented a machine called the Mother Machine to create other races to investigate the Force connection. The Mother Machine created multiple known races and developed its own personality. I'm not sure if the Celestials had anything to do with the Machine but that's what I know

Does that clear the fog? :D

Oh, I know this.

The Rakata lost their ability to sense the Force, and thus invented a machine called the Mother Machine to create other races to investigate the Force connection. The Mother Machine created multiple known races and developed its own personality. I'm not sure if the Celestials had anything to do with the Machine but that's what I know

an advanced Twi'lek civilization was already present on Ryloth in the year 36,453 BBY, when a visiting Tho Yor starship took a group of Force-studying mystics to Tython.

Given that the Mother Machine is only 25-27 Millennium old I suspect that it being the creator of ALL Twi'leks is unlikely. It seems much more probable that it is the maker of the rarest colour of Twi'lek, Lethan Twi'leks: which would make our favourite Hammerhead species responsible for hawties such as Darth Talon. New nickname for the Rakata: Builders of Fine Booty™

Edited by AshlaBoga

It really made a lot of sense, IMO. We've got all of these races running around that are almost but not quite humans, even to the point of apparently being biologically compatible. From what I recall, we already know that Chiss, Miralukan, and Rattataki are offshoots of human evolution that ventured into space and derped around on strange planets for thousands of years. It's not hard to believe that Twi'leks and Zabraks, which are a little stranger, but still pretty damn human, were genetically engineered to be the way they are while following a human template or the like.

Oh, I know this.

This machine also created the Fleshraiders out of the Rakata, which seems a bit odd.

I think people are taking what she says to heart... :\

Deception and manipulation are both the keywords when it comes to the SI storyline, starting with Zash, going all the way through Kallig, which I still suspect was using me so I could screw over Tulak Hord somehow, not forgetting how Thanaton wanted to display how inferior species had no place in the Dark Council.

Am I the only one who found strange that the LS choice for the Mother Machine is actually destroying and / or keeping her locked up, instead of releasing her? Again, take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

For all we know, she's Soa's lover, trapped as some sort of advanced AI, wanting revenge, nothing more.

You all seem to be forgetting that the machine in question was

a machine created by the Rakata who were the founding members of the Infinite Empire. The Infinite Empire being an Empire based on the use of the Dark Side of the Force combined with Machinery for conquest and galactic domination. Their Empire is responsible for such mechanical devices of terror as the Star Forge. So really, trusting anything that a machine built by a combination of the Dark Side of the Force and Artificial Intelligence says, is kind of like trusting anything that Skynet says...

Edited by XantosCledwin

You all seem to be forgetting that the machine in question was

a machine created by the Rakata who were the founding members of the Infinite Empire. The Infinite Empire being an Empire based on the use of the Dark Side of the Force combined with Machinery for conquest and galactic domination. Their Empire is responsible for such mechanical devices of terror as the Star Forge. So really, trusting anything that a machine built by a combination of the Dark Side of the Force and Artificial Intelligence says, is kind of like trusting anything that Skynet says...

The machine doesn't exactly have any real reason to be lying, though. If it wasn't responsible for genetically engineering those races, what exactly, does it get from claiming to have done so?

The machine doesn't exactly have any real reason to be lying, though. If it wasn't responsible for genetically engineering those races, what exactly, does it get from claiming to have done so?

It's consciousness is generated by the side of the force that is composed of mallice, rage, greed, and all sorts of other negative emotions. Why does it need to be gaining anything by lying about having created those races at all in the first place? The Machine could simply be a Mythomaniac (aka Compulsive Liar).

It's consciousness is generated by the side of the force that is composed of mallice, rage, greed, and all sorts of other negative emotions. Why does it need to be gaining anything by lying about having created those races at all in the first place? The Machine could simply be a Mythomaniac (aka Compulsive Liar).

Simply put, truth in storytelling need serve no particular purpose. It's just exposition. But when a writer creates a lie as part of a story, there is supposed to be some sort of purpose behind it. Take it meta for a second and then ask "what does the writer of this story gain by lying to the audience?

Still, if we're going to go the route that assumes random NPC may lie just for the hell of it, though, consider the likely possibilities:

~The Inquisitor never went to Korriban. Instead, he was trained on Nabirrok, a wasteland planet populated by primarily near-humans whose brain chemistry makes them biologically incapable of speaking the truth.

~Lord Kallig isn't a ghost. He's actually 2V-R8 in a ghost suit, ala the style of Scooby-Doo. And 2V-R8 is actually the Emperor in a 2V-R8 suit.

~The entire story after the prologue is actually being narrated to us by the Inquisitor himself, who is lying to us while he slowly dies in the Dromund Kaas spaceport, having been stabbed in the back by Acolyte Kory (who, of course, being a native of Nabirrok, lied about being killed by Harkun).

Thing is, the story seems more as likely true and players just don't like the idea of it being true.

"OMG! WHAT?! MY FAVORITE RACE WAS MADE BY THE RAKKTA?! NO! I DON'T ACCEPT IT!"

Basically, something along those lines. :p

the problem is that the dawn of the jedi comics seems to contridcit this, however it's entirely possiable that the rakata simply modified existing templates. playing with the genetics of already force sensitive species in an attempt to make them more receptive to use of the force

the problem is that the dawn of the jedi comics seems to contridcit this, however it's entirely possiable that the rakata simply modified existing templates. playing with the genetics of already force sensitive species in an attempt to make them more receptive to use of the force

There's lots of previous EU lore that contradicts TOR lore. :p

Like?

Well, WEG released an RPG supplement discussing all the alien races in the Star Wars universe back in the late 80s, maybe early 90s, and I remember the discussion of Twi'leks being that all Twi'leks were thin, as their body fat was stored in their lekku. It seemed reasonable enough, as the only Twi'leks at the time were Jabba's major domo, and of course the dancers. Along comes The Phantom Menace, however, and blammo, fat Twi'leks.

Well, WEG released an RPG supplement discussing all the alien races in the Star Wars universe back in the late 80s, maybe early 90s, and I remember the discussion of Twi'leks being that all Twi'leks were thin, as their body fat was stored in their lekku. It seemed reasonable enough, as the only Twi'leks at the time were Jabba's major domo, and of course the dancers. Along comes The Phantom Menace, however, and blammo, fat Twi'leks.

The time of phantom menace still had Czkera Corporation, after many trails they found obesity to be the best weapon in the galaxy. They introduce Mc Donalds to the core worlds first as a way to finally kill of Darth Baras with diabetes, second was to get the known races dependent on their supplied treatments that is how we got fat Twi'leks.

By the time of the new hope the empire took over Czkera and shutdown the McDonalds weapons. But not in time to save the first clone troopers most of them feel to the double quarter pounder Nerf burger.