Consolidated Stronghold wish list

Oneirophrenia

Here's a quick list of GSH related items that I feel need to be addressed by consolidating several other posts I've made over the months since GSH release into one place.

1. Raise Tatooine hook limit by a minimum of 50. It's sad when 100% complete doesn't look anywhere near complete. In contrast, Nar Shaddaa looks very complete at 100%, if not a bit over-crowded depending on your choice of decorations. An extra 25 decorations is simply insufficient for a Tatooine SH that is easily twice as large as Nar Shaddaa.

2. Hook placement modifier range needs to be increased. I'm not talking about a token increase either, more like a 3 or 4 fold increase to +/- 30 and 40.

3. Let us create custom hook layout templates which can then be saved to legacy for use on other characters. Free hook placement would be nice too though this might just be wishful thinking.

4. Add in priority transport terminals and PVE/PVP mission pick-up/turn-in boxes as decorations. Why force players to go to fleet to use these when it is as laggy as ever and continuously filled with inane general chat that bleeds the eyes.

5. Certain decoration's size or hook type requirement needs to be adjusted. For example, droid engineer's work bench requires a large hook but can't be properly aligned against the wall with the existing modifier range so it looks absolutely ridiculous. Another example would be the fountain of blood and fire being much too small for requiring a large hook. At its current size, even a medium narrow would be sufficient so yes, I was expecting it to be two or three times as large.

6. Since the basic/elite/ultimate commendation tier system is being retained for 3.0, add in some decorations that can be purchased with them. New Imperial/Republic flags and banners would be a good option for basic comms. Elite and ultimate comms could be used to purchase more guard type decorations such as Sith lords or Jedi knights, etc.

7. Another thing for guard type decorations, more stances would be nice. Looking through the binocular, kneeling, weapons drawn, etc. The "standing at ease" stance is just too plain.

8. Instead of solely focusing on adding more decorations to cartel market packs, throw the crafters a bone once in a while by adding new decorations that can be purchased with prefabs. If the crafted decoration list simply stay static forever, eventually the prefabs will become an afterthought just like 90% of the other items that occupy our crafting window.

That's about it for now. If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to reply.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Agree with all of your points, particularly about widening X-Y adjustments; I would love to see a "Z" axis so we can stack items or place them up; Ultimately, I would love to dispose of hooks altogether so that players can freely move objects wherever the hell they want them... chairs on the ceiling, whatever.

Items should be more flexible and be useable on floor, wall and ceiling hooks. Throughout the game, there are many items that I recognize as "floor" items that are just moved back into walls soas to appear as wall items. I would LOVE that flexibility.

Re: Hooks on Tatooine: I double the total hooks for a total of 1000 which I could easily fill. 500 for that huge area is ridiculously inadequate. Moreover, there are no hooks on the perimeters (i.e., past landing pad) whilst it would be nice to be able to place, for instance, minefield warning markers so as to mark the outer perimeter and avoid going into the exhaustion zone.

Another problem is the number of rug/flooring hooks, which are far too few. It is impossible to provide wall-to-wall floor coverage, even in the smallest of rooms, because of the floor hook arrangement or lack thereof; or weird placement thereof.

Another problem that requires fixing: the stronghold decoration interface. It needs a search feature and the option to disable auto-sort. It never picks the right item, category or sub-category and having to reshuffle past menus to get back the item I was on before the stupid interface incorrectly guessed what I was thinking, is a big fat waste of my time, not to mention needlessly irritating.

8. Instead of solely focusing on adding more decorations to cartel market packs, throw the crafters a bone once in a while by adding new decorations that can be purchased with prefabs. If the crafted decoration list simply stay static forever, eventually the prefabs will become an afterthought just like 90% of the other items that occupy our crafting window.

Thank you for stating this. I would love to believe the list of crafted decorations won't be static until the end of time, but I just can't believe it. Cartel Market is going to get everything from now on (just like is true for armor), which kind of sucks.

Yeah, if there's a buck in it, the suits at BW will sell it instead of making it something you can craft. This does tend to suck the fun out of things a bit. I guess I wouldn't mind if the stuff on cartel market wasn't either too rare or, the opposite, just a bunch of recolored crap that didn't sell the first time it was offered. Browsing the GTN for armor and weapons easily demonstrates the glut of cartel garbage that has just killed any meaningful crafting of armor or weapons.

I just stopped leveling my syntheweaving and armormech. My arttificer and armstech make hilts and barrels and my cybertech makes mods and armor, bio makes enhancements.

I agree -- I would love to see new craftable decorations because the cartel market packs are just plain overpriced, given what you get. (Seriously, 1 sconce, 1 chair? C'mon these things should be in pairs)

I also strenuously object to the cartel certificate decoration vendors. I wouldn't mind if a certificate came in every cartel pack; but they are so few and far between that these items are just not affordable for most. It's a crapshoot whether you get a cartel certificate at all -- why aren't these included in the price of the pack itself?

And most recently, BW decided to increase the cost of the decoration packs almost 100%... the latest pack is 300 cc instead of the 210 that the others cost. The new pack has the same number of items as before, it's just more.

I still enjoy playing the game despite 3 of my crafters being rendered useless by the cartel market; but BW's greed is subtly destroying the fun of the Stronghold portion of this game, since eye candy is all the SH has to offer and decorations are all we have to play with in the SH..,

TLDR: Please add new, craftable decorations and don't let the cartel market consume this aspect of crafting!

Thank you for stating this. I would love to believe the list of crafted decorations won't be static until the end of time, but I just can't believe it. Cartel Market is going to get everything from now on (just like is true for armor), which kind of sucks.

Yeah, I make a lot of prefabs of all types and during the past month I have noticed that the movement volume on GTN has drastically decreased. It would seem more and more people no longer need prefabs as they have already purchased all of the crafted decorations they desired.

Sometimes I wish BW would actually plan out "long term strategies" for important MMO features such as crafting. Right now it feels like they are just trying to placate us by adding some decent stuff to craft once a year which becomes mostly obsolete a mere 2-3 months later. For the other 9-10 months we just go back to crafting the same old augments and mk-9 kits while waiting for the next time they are feeling magnanimous and decide to grace us with some more quickly expiring goodies. Somewhat insulting IMO.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

I would love to see a "Z" axis so we can stack items or place them up

But then BW couldn't charge you CC's for both Generic Crate and Generic Crate (Stacked). Same with dyes. :rolleyes:

Rooms tend to be symmetrical with hooks but hooks on one side often don't line up with their counterparts on the other for some reason.

I agree with all expect the mission terminals. They make sense, sure, but this is an MMO afterall, and allowing those in your SH would pretty much kill any need to go to fleet, which is the primary grouping hub.

When people want to get to daily areas like Oricon from their SH, they would just use the fleet pass and proceed to one of the terminals near the individual hanger instances. The whole process would take but a minute or two so these folks with places to get to aren't exactly hanging out in fleet to anyway. The same goes for picking up weeklies/dailies and turning them in. In effect the fleet is only being used as a transit point in these cases which IMO is a badly designed QoL hassle. Functionally it is akin to the orbital stations standing between your ship and your planetary destination and BW has already given us the option to skip those entirely.

Fleet will still be fleet and people who likes to hang out in there will continue to do so thus helping to retain its "social hub" title. People will also still need to go to fleet for certain storyline updates and commendation vendors so it's not like they can avoid it completely. But as far as being the "grouping hub" goes, groupfinder has already taken its place in everything except for pre-making operations.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Here's a quick list of GSH related items that I feel need to be addressed by consolidating several other posts I've made over the months since GSH into one place.

1. Raise Tatooine hook limit by a minimum of 50. It's sad when 100% complete doesn't look anywhere near complete. In contrast, Nar Shaddaa looks very complete at 100%, if not a bit over-crowded depending on your choice of decorations. An extra 25 cecorations is simply insufficient for a Tatooine SH that is easily twice as large as Nar Shaddaa.

2. Hook placement modifier range needs to be increased. I'm not talking about a token increase either, more like a 3 or 4 fold increase to +/- 30 and 40.

3. Let us create custom hook layout templates which can then be saved to legacy for use on other characters. Free hook placement would be nice too though this might just be wishful thinking.

4. Add in priority transport terminals and PVE/PVP mission pick-up/turn-in boxes as decorations. Why force players to go to fleet to use these when it is as laggy as ever and continuously filled with inane general chat that bleeds the eyes.

5. Certain decoration's size or hook type requirement needs to be adjusted. For example, droid engineer's work bench requires a large hook but can't be properly aligned against the wall with the existing modifier range so it looks absolutely ridiculous. Another example would be the fountain of blood and fire being much too small for requiring a large hook. At its current size, even a medium narrow would be sufficient so yes, I was expecting it to be two or three times as large.

6. Since the basic/elite/ultimate commendation tier system is being retained for 3.0, add in some decorations that can be purchased with them. New Imperial/Republic flags and banners would be a good option for basic comms. Elite and ultimate comms could be used to purchase more guard type decorations such as Sith lords or Jedi knights, etc.

7. Another thing for guard type decorations, more stances would be nice. Looking through the binocular, kneeling, weapons drawn, etc. The "standing at ease" stance is just too plain.

That's about it for now. If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to reply.

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 Yes.

4. No mission terminals, only the priority transport terminals.

6. Good idea, exept the endgame comm system will barely change.

Edit: Updated to reflect Eric's information clarifying the way commendations will work in 3.0.

Confirmed information:

1. Planetary and Classic commendation will be going away. Existing comms will be rolled up into Basic commendations.
  2. Elite and Ultimate commendations will remain, however any existing commendations you have will become Basic commendations instead.
    Note: This is not a downgrade in terms of what you can purchase, as Basic comms will be buying the same or better gear in 3.0 as Ultimate comms currently purchase.
  3. The new tiers will therefore be:
    • Basic - leveling gear and entry level 60 gear. (180? 186? Specific level not yet confirmed.)
    • Elite - 192 gear (specific level not confirmed)
    • Ultimate - 196 gear (specific level not confirmed)

Questions that Bioware is still working on/has not released yet:

• Will commendation caps be changed?
  • What will happen to overflow basic commendations. (If you have more of the other commendations, will you lose them or will they overfill until you spend them?)
  • What will the new Nightmare gear level be?

Original post included below:

Let me start by saying I did not hear the Twitch Stream myself, so this is all hearsay now, but I'm looking for confirmation that this is what we expect based on Friday's stream. I will update this post if anyone has information that invalidates any of it.

1. Planetary and Classic commendations will be eliminated with current commendations rolled into Basic commendations.
    - Presumably there will be a conversion rate.
    - Possibly also a temporary cap removal so that you can have more than the cap after the conversion, but need to spend down to earn more.

2. Basic commendations will now buy all planetary gear as well as entry level 60 gear., which will be 186.

3. You will get to carry your existing Elite and Ultimate commendations into 3.0. There will be no downgrade or conversion of commendations.

4. Elite commendations will purchase 192 gear.

5. Ultimate commendation will purchase 196 gear.

If the above is true, it makes sense to start stockpiling commendations instead of spending them. Why spend Ultimate commendations on 180 gear today when you can spend those same commendations on 196 gear in a little over a month.

Or am I missing something? (Or just plain have it wrong.)

Edit: Modified basic gear tier to be listed at 186.

Good post Brewski!

I wanted to explain exactly how the Commendation stuff will work in 3.0 as I know I still had some questions I was unsure of on the stream. Here is the basic layout of what will happen in 3.0.

• Planetary and Classic Commendations no longer exist. All current Planetary and Classic Commendations will become Basic.
  • All Elite and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. Elite and Ultimate Commendations still exist but you will need to earn them anew in 3.0.

I know there are a few followup questions; what will the cap be, is there a conversion rate, etc. We are still working out details like that in testing but as soon as we have it nailed down I will let you know!

-eric

I'd like to suggest these changes as well:

1. Make the option to turn characters hologram on or off. When I'm out in the world everyone, same faction/opposite faction, can see my companion solid. No reason whey they can't see the solid in our GSH.

2. Increase the amount of hooks from where they are to something higher. I have so much more that I want to put in but I'm constantly having to take something out to put something new in.

3. Make npc's active. not just standing there. I think their are 2, maybe 3, that actually has movement. (Guards are ok just standing still)

4. Clothes on npc. I put a butler suit on my ship droid but only I can see that costume. Everyone else who comes in just see's a golden droid, or stupid hologram. Even when one of my alts come in, they just see it as a golden droid.

I would like to have the resource nodes looked at. Currently, Myself and a few others think they are bugged with an internal cool down making them unusable after the lockout buff happens when you log into another character who is also inside the stronghold. The only way to fix these currently is to pick them up and replace them. This happens ot be a big PITA in my strongholds since most of them are modified on the X,Y slider.

Also, I would like to see the lockout debuff and amount of harvests per character looked at to give a min (4) pulls if you have the maxed gathering skill, but keep the 4 hour debuff or change debuff to 1 hour and let everyone get (2) pulls.

Another minor item for the list.

9. Please add the stronghold exit functions to the elevator button or put the clicky right outside the ship hanger gate. Not sure why Tatooine exit is so far from the entrance area.

1. Make the option to turn characters hologram on or off. When I'm out in the world everyone, same faction/opposite faction, can see my companion solid. No reason whey they can't see the solid in our GSH.

Yeah this is a must fix as well, especially since the hologram companions doesn't even display correctly half the time (in undies).

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Aside from what you mentioned, which I support....

1) Allow us to remove or resize the Stronghold popup nameplate and "Guild controls this sector" nameplates.

2) Give us a hook that we can drop where we wish, lock it down for use.

3) Allow us to have stone statues of our current characters, wearing our current gear.

4) Give us a jukebox that actually plays all of the game's music, not just cantina music.

5) Give us three more unlockable tabs in legacy storage.

6) Allow us to purchase a Legacy Bank that can store legacy credits, using the guild bank design. Set it up with it's own escrow for preferred and F2P players.

7) Give us the ability to preview decorations in place (translucent) so we can see how they would actually look before we purchase/acquire them.

8) Allow us to use chat bubbles in our strongholds, with a toggle.

Aside from what you mentioned, which I support....

1) Allow us to remove or resize the Stronghold popup nameplate and "Guild controls this sector" nameplates.

2) Give us a hook that we can drop where we wish, lock it down for use.

3) Allow us to have stone statues of our current characters, wearing our current gear.

4) Give us a jukebox that actually plays all of the game's music, not just cantina music.

5) Give us three more unlockable tabs in legacy storage.

6) Allow us to purchase a Legacy Bank that can store legacy credits, using the guild bank design. Set it up with it's own escrow for preferred and F2P players.

7) Give us the ability to preview decorations in place (translucent) so we can see how they would actually look before we purchase/acquire them.

8) Allow us to use chat bubbles in our strongholds, with a toggle.

Good stuff, I especially like points 4, 5 and 6. Regarding jukeboxes, being able to play classic SW themes as well as the Balmorra intro would be amazing for my SH at least. Regarding legacy storage, there definitely needs to be more tabs as another tier of mats is going to show up with 3.0 and I'm already having a hard time finding space to store the existing ones.

With regards to point 3, nice idea though I would take it a step further and make it a large hook type statue. Maybe just a tad smaller than the spearman (which honestly should not require a centerpiece hook due to its narrow base). Still, I'm not sure if that would be possible since BW can't even get companions to display correctly in our SHs. :confused:

Edited by Oneirophrenia

9. Please add the stronghold exit functions to the elevator button or put the clicky right outside the ship hanger gate. Not sure why Tatooine exit is so far from the entrance area.

Exit area on your map does the same thing as the exit on the landing pad.

Liking a lot of these ideas so far, not really anything I'd add or change.

I really support this idea as well. I purchased the new underworld storage unit thinking it would fill a particular space and in reality, it's tiny. So now it just sits in my inventory not being used but paid for.

In addition to everything above, introducing a voting system so people can "like" strongholds would be a cool incentive - some people spend a lot of time and credits to make their strongholds look unique and being able to get feedback would be helpful (no limit on how many strongholds one can vote for but only one vote per stronghold).

An option to provide description for a stronghold would be helpful (guilds could use it to list "house rules" in strongholds and flagships for their members).

Perhaps even take it a step further and have occasional contests on best looking strongholds and flagships.

When people want to get to daily areas like Oricon from their SH, they would just use the fleet pass and proceed to one of the terminals near the individual hanger instances. The whole process would take but a minute or two so these folks with places to get to aren't exactly hanging out in fleet to anyway. The same goes for picking up weeklies/dailies and turning them in. In effect the fleet is only being used as a transit point in these cases which IMO is a badly designed QoL hassle. Functionally it is akin to the orbital stations standing between your ship and your planetary destination and BW has already given us the option to skip those entirely.

Fleet will still be fleet and people who likes to hang out in there will continue to do so thus helping to retain its "social hub" title. People will also still need to go to fleet for certain storyline updates and commendation vendors so it's not like they can avoid it completely. But as far as being the "grouping hub" goes, groupfinder has already taken its place in everything except for pre-making operations.

Yeah, I guess that does make more sense. I think to perhaps piggyback on this idea, is the often seen request of changing /local in our SH to /trade aka /fleet chat instead. Some of us hate the stupid discussions, but for those groups, it would be handy. I believe I might be more inclined to do dailies, if the terminals were in my stronghold.