Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

Those of you who have killed the last boss; is there a trick to the boss or something easily missed because at the moment pre-nerf DG was a lot easier to kill than terror is seeming to be. It took the group we brought for pre-nerf DG 5~6 hours and with a lot more time spent on this final boss it still seems far away.

What is the problem you're having? 1st phase? 2nd phase? Enrage? Somewhere in here insaneric posted our videos post TFB fix/DG nerf

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the problem you're having? 1st phase? 2nd phase? Enrage? Somewhere in here insaneric posted our videos post TFB fix/DG nerf

Eh idk i personally think its the fact that every 4 hours someone got switched out for 3 days straight :/

Edited by shadowopsx

At the moment its enrage and trying to figure out how many anomaly to kill while the tentacles are up. That and the pile of stupid wipes due to everything in the encounter being a 1 shot.

TFB is all about maximizing dps while avoiding the 1 shots. Kill all those anomalies otherwise it really sucks. Just keep open lanes so your anomaly killer can dip back in to assist with the tent in between anomaly spawns. Set an order to clear your irregs so your dps can get on tents right away after that phase ends. Its all about trimming those extra seconds off to avoid hitting enrage until he is low or if your timing is really good get him before enrage.

Everything above and if you still need more deeps you can have a healer part time dps in second phase since they are usually twiddling their thumbs anyway.

basically, we had 1 tank, helping sometimes on the tentacle when not tanking, healers just healing didnt help dpsing... marauder can use CD 2/4-5 smashes i believe to survive smash, maybe sniper entranch + shield probe... merc with shield, like they said, heals are not doing much, so, as long as smash " dont kill you" you can stay dpsing, you will eventually get healed, and if not, you have 2 minutes phase before irregularities that dps should not take a single hit.

have 1 person doing anomalies if hes fast enough and lucky spawns... you can go back and do some dps on tentacles, my OP normally had time to go do at least decent 10k dmg lol before anomaly spawn each time.

Thank you all for the assistance, i didn't realize you could use cooldowns on the tents and survive for example so that will be helpful. We don't get to get in there for a couple days but i look forward to trying all of your advice in practice.

video last bit sadly only but you can see the killblow

Snipealott Jugger tank

Belox Pt tank

Alex'rex Sniper dps

Nithnuro Sniper dps

Disdan Mara dps

Sphinxen Sorc dps

Thama sorc healer

Baxy op healer

I'm seeing this group makeup a lot.

Is that what people are considering the best group makeup for the dread guard boss if not the entire Nm mode TFB?

I'm seeing this group makeup a lot.

Is that what people are considering the best group makeup for the dread guard boss if not the entire Nm mode TFB?

i dont like sorc dps at all... two things.. w/e spec you play, you are probably doing a lot of unnecessary dmg... chain lightning / death field, considering the fact that tanks can help dps p1/2.... but thats a good "healers group"... 2 sniper to avoid explosion, marauders reduce almost 50% of it all the time.. 2 sorc bubble + self heal + FB... basically just have to pay attention to both tanks + op during P1.

with the easy enrage timer, its good to have Sorc as well, drop some shields / off heals when needed, just like i prefer having my OP than my sniper dps.

Ideal group for DGs would be: 2x sniper mara merc... Sorc heals / any healer.... Jug tank / Ssin tank IMO

i dont like sorc dps at all... two things.. w/e spec you play, you are probably doing a lot of unnecessary dmg... chain lightning / death field, considering the fact that tanks can help dps p1/2.... but thats a good "healers group"... 2 sniper to avoid explosion, marauders reduce almost 50% of it all the time.. 2 sorc bubble + self heal + FB... basically just have to pay attention to both tanks + op during P1.

with the easy enrage timer, its good to have Sorc as well, drop some shields / off heals when needed, just like i prefer having my OP than my sniper dps.

I'll go with:

1 jug tank, 2 snipers, 1 merc, 1 mara (or 1 jugg DiLiH)

1 jug tank, 3 snipers, 1 mara (aka severity gaming build lol. 4 slinger 4 sents in previous tier SnV. 7 slingers in current tier NiM TFB)

Edited by paowee

Ideal group for DGs would be: 2x sniper mara merc... Sorc heals / any healer.... Jug tank / Ssin tank IMO

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SORC DPS!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1

Edited by JDotter

Don't know if people just stopped trying or stoped posting but here's our DG kill

Server: The Harbinger

Guild: YES

UTC time 6:13 am, July, 7

Maybe the first kill with no sorc/sage healer?

Grats multiple people have killed it without a sorc/sage healing. I'd argue that outside of p1 double op or op/merc is much better