Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

Ryvirath

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mentioned a "Rampart Staff of the Untouchable Overseer". Rampart means + shield. Deception Assassins naturally dont use a Shield. Thats the Question.

You are correct, it means +shield. Other buggy items have e.g. +presence on them. But that doesn't really matter because thanks to bolster being buggy these items are nevertheless BiS for DDs.

Well, no response so far, so I assume BW wants us Sins to run around with hilarious electrostaffs. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Exploit Wars the Bolster Republic! :p

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have passed this on the PvP/Combat folks. They are aware of the issue and are actively working on a solution. I will pass on more information as I have it!

-eric

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have passed this on the PvP/Combat folks. They are aware of the issue and are actively working on a solution. I will pass on more information as I have it!

-eric

Appreciate you taking the time Eric, but at this point, can we get a breakdown of what is going down with Bolster?

I mean really...2+months of this broken system (Live anyways, much longer if including PTS)...and they're still "working on it"?

Why release a system that wasn't fully tested?

Edited by Pistols

Hey everyone,

-eric

I thought we already identified that pvp 'folks' is one person?

Either way, thanks for the response.

-eric

Pretty sure Eric is the only person at BW that reads the PvP forums. lol

thx dood

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have passed this on the PvP/Combat person. He is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution. I will pass on more information as I have it!

-eric

Fixed

Hey everyone,

-eric

When should we expect the fix Eric - they've been working on a solution since testing...

@ Trayon

@ Doson

Thanks for the respond. Obviously not only bolster is buggy. There are are some buggy items to make bolster more buggy, aren´t they? Haha, outstanding work Bioware!

You wrote "Welcome to Exploit Wars the Bolster Republic!" Sign, do not play - investigate!

Edited by KandElAbr

Appreciate you taking the time Eric, but at this point, can we get a breakdown of what is going down with Bolster?

Agreed. It would be great if there was an official response on how BW feels about bolster currently, and what their plan is in the future.

Why release a system that wasn't fully tested?

Any system as complicated as bolster is bound to have bugs, regardless of the testing that was done.

Any system as complicated as bolster is bound to have bugs, regardless of the testing that was done.

That really doesn't mitigate the fact that Bolster is very clearly bugged, and it still made it to the live build in a broken state. That right there is bad QA no matter which angle you decide to look at it from.

Things that are bugged shouldn't make it out of the PTS, it's kind of the point of having a PTS in the first place. With how glaringly obvious this bug is there's no way they didn't know about it before making it live.

I have 4 conq items the rest partisan, and my exp gets bolstered to 2018. I'm not using any pve gear, so I'm not sure wth is going on.

Pretty sure your expertise is 2018 without the bolster in all pvp gear.

They need to make a clear statement on the future of bolster. Unless of course they are planning to intro an amazing new feature in 2.4 - a recruit set free for lvl 55 subscribers.

Edited by Aelaias

yeah. I think the real issue is that said bugs are consistently identified in PTS by numerous players and then the patch goes live anyway.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Thanks Eric! Don't take too much time to fix this, people have lost patience with bolster already.

The only thing that was wrong with recruit gear was the fact that no one would aug it cause you would upgrade so fast. The best fix would of been to make it so you could just remove the armour, mods and enhancements so people would just put them into there aug'd set with the look they liked and the gap would of been minimal. I am still glad I cancelled my sub when all this bolester crap started cause pvp is more unbalanced now then it ever was before with guilds taking full advantage of these bugs and ruling in reg's and ranked. Its really to bad cause I really enjoyed pvp pre 2.0.