Legendary Schematics & Crafting

Buellzebubba

I'm working on a spreadsheet to find out how much it takes to build a complete 14 piece set of legendary gear, and have a few questions:

1) You need 94 ancient tomes, which cost 100K plus 65 relics of Ossus each. That's a total of 6,110 of these relics plus almost 10 million credits. Is there still a weekly cap of 250 relics, plus an overall cap of 1,000? Can you buy ancient tomes during the week to keep the running total below 250 but the actual number well above that?

2) You need a total of 28 of the various forgotten items, which sell for well above 100 mil credits on GTN. How easy is it to collect these the old fashioned way in game play? How many drop at a time, and where do they drop?

3) You need 364 charged matter transubstantiators, plus an additional 56 for the augments. The price has come down on these but they are still 750K credits best price on GTN. How hard would it be to collect all 420 in game play?

I'm working on a spreadsheet to find out how much it takes to build a complete 14 piece set of legendary gear, and have a few questions:

1) You need 94 ancient tomes, which cost 100K plus 65 relics of Ossus each. That's a total of 6,110 of these relics plus almost 10 million credits. Is there still a weekly cap of 250 relics, plus an overall cap of 1,000? Can you buy ancient tomes during the week to keep the running total below 250 but the actual number well above that?

The weekly cap is a cap on how many you can receive, so spending them during the week won't help you go beyond that.

3) You need 364 charged matter transubstantiators, plus an additional 56 for the augments. The price has come down on these but they are still 750K credits best price on GTN. How hard would it be to collect all 420 in game play?

It's probably not hard to collect that many. What is hard is collecting them between now and the release of 6.0, where your exercise is invalidated by the new gear system. (Bear in mind, for example, that when your character reaches level 75, the set bonus on pre-6.0 gear will no longer work *at*all*.)

The weekly cap is a cap on how many you can receive, so spending them during the week won't help you go beyond that.

It's probably not hard to collect that many. What is hard is collecting them between now and the release of 6.0, where your exercise is invalidated by the new gear system. (Bear in mind, for example, that when your character reaches level 75, the set bonus on pre-6.0 gear will no longer work *at*all*.)

Ooh yeah. That. I guess I'll just reset my spreadsheet for whatever level comes next. What will happen to our command levels?

What will happen to our command levels?

Not sure. If it follows what's happening on PTS when you copy a character from Live, your initial Renown rank will be the same as your current Command rank, except that it won't be available until you reach level 75. That said, Renown doesn't work the same as Command:

* There are no Renown crate tiers determined by your rank.

* All Renown ranks take the same RXP to level up to the next one, except for 1=>2.

* The gear in a Renown crate is determined in some slightly opaque way by your current Item Rating (gear score).

* If you somehow reach level 75 without selecting a discipline, strange things happen when you open Renown crates.

While our character copies have put us at Level 300 Galactic renown, BW has said that Command levels will be3 reset (meaning dropped to 0) when the expansion comes out. I think the fact character copies are being put to rank 300 of renown is a bug.

While our character copies have put us at Level 300 Galactic renown, BW has said that Command levels will be3 reset (meaning dropped to 0) when the expansion comes out. I think the fact character copies are being put to rank 300 of renown is a bug.

Yep, it must be a bug because renowns take over GC.

There are achievments for getting Renown 100 on each class (like current 300 with GC), and if you start with Renown 300 you don't get the achievments to pop. They won't give it for free, that is for sure (those are like 180cc total), but would also be unfair to force you to rise new toons on each class just because yours are already 101+ GC.

Character copies are not being put to Renown 300. They are being put to a rank equal to the source character's Command rank.

2) You need a total of 28 of the various forgotten items, which sell for well above 100 mil credits on GTN. How easy is it to collect these the old fashioned way in game play? How many drop at a time, and where do they drop?

3 drops per boss in Gods Nightmare which is quite a difficult operation, if you are a decent raider you will be able to clear at least the first two and if you progress a bit with a good group the other three shouldn't be too much of an issue. After a full run you have 15ish with a bit of variation so might take a bit to just farm so you get the specific ones you need, due to the rng in which drops.

That said, unless you are aiming to do really difficult content, got lots of credits over or just want to craft for fun, don't bother getting and especially don't craft 258 gear cause with 6.0 you will get better gear easy.

Edited by RikuvonDrake