Farewell Bastion

Magyarian

Well everyone, it’s time I bid you all farewell. :csw_destroyer:

After hoping they would fix resolve and all the frigging crowd control that goes on, my patience is finally gone. I’ve heard the whole “we are working on…” routine enough to know when it’s time. Especially since 1.4 was supposed to fix the problem.

All I do is PvP in this game. The fictional level 50 war zones (covering up lowbie levels) still doesn’t get a full team all the time and I grow tired of re-educating the next batch. Team composition (in randoms) still decide the vast majority of matches with speed and heals being the main determiner. Premades are fine but even those have issues. I would have liked to do more rated war zones but unless you join a losing premade for farming or have a competent guild, they just aren’t worth doing if you have the gear. And my favourite, world PvP, just isn’t going to happen with bioware anytime soon…

So I bid you all my sincerest thanks for all the zerging and mass destruction focused on my sorry character. My sub goes until the 12th and then I’m done. I may return if and when they fix CCs or world PvP.

/salute to those who gave it their best

/bow to those who left before me and set the stage for playing well

/rude to those who chatted in war zones more than they PvP’d

Come PvP with me until the end. See you on the flip side…

Until Lightsabers Cross,

Warlord Magyarsaber

1) When you're in warzones with the general population, try to have fun. There will ALWAYS be noobs and the uneducated in strategy, and it just kinda sucks. F2P will increase their number. Just enjoy dominating the enemy, and hope your team has some sense of strategy and objectives to earn themselves a win. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect anything else.

2) If you're so above the general warzone population, you should have little problem finding a guild with Ranked Warzones so you can run some higher-brow PvP.

3) World PvP is self-made. You can't just sit on the fleet and go "I wish BioWare made me want to go do World PvP". If you want world PvP, go incite it. It takes time, but it's worth it. Go shutdown a quest hub, you'll see a response. Learn when guilds are doing the Nightmare Pilgrim and hide in the shadows with a group and wipe them.

4) This game has nowhere to go but up...also, it won't cost you anything in a month or two :rolleyes:

5) Goodbye :)

After hoping they would fix resolve and all the frigging crowd control that goes on, my patience is finally gone. I’ve heard the whole “we are working on…” routine enough to know when it’s time. Especially since 1.4 was supposed to fix the problem.

All I do is PvP in this game. The fictional level 50 war zones (covering up lowbie levels) still doesn’t get a full team all the time and I grow tired of re-educating the next batch. Team composition (in randoms) still decide the vast majority of matches with speed and heals being the main determiner. Premades are fine but even those have issues. I would have liked to do more rated war zones but unless you join a losing premade for farming or have a competent guild, they just aren’t worth doing if you have the gear. And my favourite, world PvP, just isn’t going to happen with bioware anytime soon…

So I bid you all my sincerest thanks for all the zerging and mass destruction focused on my sorry character. My sub goes until the 12th and then I’m done. I may return if and when they fix CCs or world PvP.

Until Lightsabers Cross,

Warlord Magyarsaber

http://i55.tinypic.com/5oh5di.gif

Another melodramatic post from someone who just can't cut it in PvP. The game is still fun and there's great competition on this server. Thanks for your highly necessary post telling us why you left.

Oh, let's be honest, shall we. The only competition left in this game are the good guild's second stringers that now have a chance to play because all of the better people have quit the game and moved on. The first 2-3 weeks of rateds were the highest level of competition this game will ever see. The teams doing rateds now pale in comparison in not only skill, but coordination, teamwork, and overall cohesiveness to the original teams playing when rateds first released. The pseudo competition you talk about is a few decent kids left (like yourself, antipodes, smakyo, scold, and a few others) who still stick around for whatever reason and carry the said second stringers. The 'competition' here-in becomes, who can carry their team the best between the few skilled players left. Competition implies that the best of the best fight for first place. In the case of SWTOR PVP/Rateds, it's who can do the best with the bads that are left.

For lack of better words, Rateds are a giant cripple fight.

Edited by Theology

Oh, let's be honest, shall we. The only competition left in this game are the good guild's second stringers that now have a chance to play because all of the better people have quit the game and moved on.

Thus allowing Perpendicular to shine!!!!!

Had to say it.

That is invalid for several reasons.

1. I dont play rateds at all anymore for the reasons listed above.

2. I was a part of the original team(s).

3. You were Tedford's replacement, but I would have rather had someone else so we would have had a shot at winning.

I'm still around because I didn't like GW2 and leveling my Monk through Barrens in MoP bores me to tears. Doing Arenas again is tempting, especially since they are far more competitive than the dying ranked games on SWTOR, but it has gotten stale for me after getting glad for the first 8 seasons (sig).

I'm still around because I didn't like GW2 and leveling my Monk through Barrens in MoP bores me to tears. Doing Arenas again is tempting, especially since they are far more competitive than the dying ranked games on SWTOR, but it has gotten stale for me after getting glad for the first 8 seasons (sig).

**** got stale after 3 seasons for me. I actually like to play my toon rather than getting cc chained by instant abilties all arenas.

My god...the memories of playing at 2750 rating on my rogue against glad wiz cleaves from bg9.....FUN TIMES I TELL YOU

I find it remarkable that I try to leave with grace and honesty and people still have an attitude.

Have fun with that....

Leave with grace and honesty all you want, the thread was unnecessary and served no purpose.

Oh, let's be honest, shall we. The only competition left in this game are the good guild's second stringers that now have a chance to play because all of the better people have quit the game and moved on. The first 2-3 weeks of rateds were the highest level of competition this game will ever see. The teams doing rateds now pale in comparison in not only skill, but coordination, teamwork, and overall cohesiveness to the original teams playing when rateds first released. The pseudo competition you talk about is a few decent kids left (like yourself, antipodes, smakyo, scold, and a few others) who still stick around for whatever reason and carry the said second stringers. The 'competition' here-in becomes, who can carry their team the best between the few skilled players left. Competition implies that the best of the best fight for first place. In the case of SWTOR PVP/Rateds, it's who can do the best with the bads that are left.

For lack of better words, Rateds are a giant cripple fight.

"Only competition left is good guild's second stringers" - Sorry, you're right, the only good players to ever play this game only grace us with their presence in the first month of RWZ.

"The teams doing rateds now suck" - How do you know, since by your own admission you stopped playing.

"The pseudo competition left is a few decent teams" - There are more pug teams playing RWZ now than there were when it came out. And there is more teams playing everyday. This leads to more RWZ guilds which we can see now. Instead of a handful, there's many.

"It's who can do the best with the bads that are left" - Sorry we don't live up to your PvP standards.

I guess we should pack up guys, since the dominant days of Don't Panic and Strictly Business are over, then that means there is zero "real" competition present. Have fun with GW2 perp.

Edited by UberDuberSoldat

I guess we should pack up guys, since the dominant days of Don't Panic and <Hey Im MVP> are over, (Well, technically, MVP still dominates this bad server, just all different people.) then that means there is zero "real" competition present. Have fun with GW2 perp.

Fixed and QFT +1

• 1 month later...

Until Lightsabers Cross,

Warlord Magyarsaber

cry more idiot

#1 #dontpanic #slangin

This guy still play's and he sucks. MARA WITH FORTITUDE STIM 4 LIFE

Regardless of his playing strength, he is a well-mannered player. And the moment you saw the fortitude stim, you should say something and offer help if this was in a wz. If he was chilling on fleet with a reflex stim active, who the **** cares.