How do you feel about the dps of Gunslinger/Snipers as of 5.9+?

MasterHazar

I'm just looking at other peoples opinions and what not. I'm not saying I'm a good slinger or a bad slinger either. I can hold my own in HM/NM raids and what not but I feel like the class isn't in a good spot honestly. We do amazing on a dummy and parse as one of the highest on a dummy but we all know it doesn't tell the true picture until raids. In the raid fights that require a lot of movement or just in itself short phases I noticed that dps drops off drastically by like 1-2k dps, an example being ToS HM Revan. I was raiding with a guildie that was a Vanguard pulling consistant 9k on revan while me and another slinger we're just scrapping by with like 6.5 to 7k dps once **** starts getting hectic. I'm just wondering if any other slingers out here feel that we arent in a good spot atm with the new raids that are so movement heavy. Our skills require us to stand there and channel our hardest hitting attack 'Wounding Shots, etc" but at the same time once we break it early for a mechanic or our window of opportunity to use it closes dps is just hard to recover afterwards.

I'm just looking to see if anyone else feels the same way or thinks they are completely fine the way they are. I understand that its been like that since day 1 with slingers being define as the "stationary turret" and whatnot but with how mechanic and movement heavy most fights are nowadays if we could use a little update.

While i do agree that snips are in a too great spot rn the only changes i can see that would make sense would be tuning the dps. (revert some of the nerfs from last summers balance changes, like: fix the damage on cull, take the cost of WB, make EP regen the 4 energy it used to instead of the 3 it does now, give lethal shot its damage back... etc) Core play adjustments would change the feel of the class to much. And to touch on ur other point while i personally despise melee for being given advantages because of proximity PT's specifically kinda deserve it cause they have no DCDs so them having high dps is okay cause there a relative trade off.

• 3 weeks later...
Comparing Sniper (Virulence) and Operative (Lethality and Concealment), well, Operative is much better.

In my experience, Viru Sniper is close to madness Sorc atm, maybe just a bit better.

In PvP? Sure, I can kind of agree that Madness sorc is better than Virulence.

In PvE? You can't be serious.

While I agree the meta since the 5.4 (and on) DPS changes has moved towards melee DPS, Slinger/Sniper DPS is very good right now, undoubtedly the best range DPS. Best range burst (the competition is kinda sad), awesome AoE spec and the dot spec can rival with pretty much anything in a sustained fight. Awesome raid utilities. Tbh I think sniper is in a good place, it could maybe use a 1-2% buff (mostly cause I think the 5% gap between range and melee they are aiming for is too big), but that's pretty much it.