Do I REALLY have to level another Sith Warrior for the Title Imperial Squad Leader?

Magnusheart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there can be only one Scourge? Dark side Jaesa and Light side Jaesa are two very different companions.

They have nothing to do with YOU being light side or dark side, only which version of her you got. (of course most pick/make one to go with their own playstyle)

what I'm getting at, which i think you missed, is that it should not have mattered as to which side you chose to get the achievement completed as long as her affection is maxed. If an IMP side char turns a jedi, which is part of the storyline, and a pub side char turns a sith, I would think that more of an accomplishment than having them turn you to their ways.

Its probably an oversight and they intended the corrupted padawan to count as well.

Probably very low on any fix list though if its even on one at all yet, so I'd just ignore it for now. Yall should be used to this kind of thing now.

It does suck. I don't care that Jaesa is a unique little snowflake. No other class has to deal with that, so it should just be a simple "get her to 10k affection" rule and that's it.

I'm hoping it's a bug and that the criteria was just "Dark at 10k 'OR' Light at 10k"...not 'AND'.

...but, yeah. I'm expecting EAWare's usual speedyness at fixing this.

I have several SWs and both versions of Jaesa, so I'm not affected by this, but I agree that both Jaesas should not be required as no one should be forced to make several toons of the same class in order to get the Companion affection achievements.

It does suck. I don't care that Jaesa is a unique little snowflake. No other class has to deal with that, so it should just be a simple "get her to 10k affection" rule and that's it.

I'm hoping it's a bug and that the criteria was just "Dark at 10k 'OR' Light at 10k"...not 'AND'.

...but, yeah. I'm expecting EAWare's usual speedyness at fixing this.

They'll prolly fix it..after everyone has rolled another char and complete this achievement. Then go hey, it was a bug, it's now fixed, but thanks for wasting that time.

Because there can be only one Scourge? Dark side Jaesa and Light side Jaesa are two very different companions.

They have nothing to do with YOU being light side or dark side, only which version of her you got. (of course most pick/make one to go with their own playstyle)

True.

1. Different default appearance

2. Different companion skins

3. Different gift affection gains

4. Different conversation gains/losses

5. Different Companion Storyline

6. Different Combat comments

7. Different Geographic comments (there's what 90 in total?)

8. Different responses when clicked

9. Different tone of voice

DS Jaesa will say that the desolation of Taris is exquisite:d_evil:

LS Jaesa will say that the ruin of Corellia saddens her:(

Not to mention it affects your romance with Vette if you're male (DS Jaesa is romanceable, LS is not).

True.

1. Different default appearance

2. Different companion skins

3. Different gift affection gains

4. Different conversation gains/losses

5. Different Companion Storyline

6. Different Combat comments

7. Different Geographic comments (there's what 90 in total?)

8. Different responses when clicked

9. Different tone of voice

DS Jaesa will say that the desolation of Taris is exquisite:d_evil:

LS Jaesa will say that the ruin of Corellia saddens her:(

Not to mention it affects your romance with Vette if you're male (DS Jaesa is romanceable, LS is not).

Yeah well, I can understand that, but the thing is...

Getting Jaesa to 10k affection and being dark isn't part of the achievement, only 10k and being light. If she has 2 sides, then wouldn't you think you need both to complete the achievement.

So either it's wrong the way it is, or they left that part out of the achievement listing.

edit : There is an achievement for the "Corrupted padawan", but its not required for the "Loyalty to the Sith Warrior" achievement

Edited by Jinsali

Yes, you should; and anyone else who changed her to the Dark Side and doesn't have her on another Sith Warrior as Light Side maxed out. Part of achievements, and what makes people chase after them, is they take you down a path you normally wouldn't have considered. Changing them (or in this case it) to suit your purposes negates why they exist. Then again, I am in the camp that just because you don't force her into going Dark Side, that some how it is not a Dark Sided choice. But alas, that's a topic for another time.

Seriously, I can't complete Jasea Willson without having both light/dark versions of her maxed to get my Sith Warrior completion towards the Imperial Squad Leader achivement?

I already have 2 sith warriors at 50. Mara and a Jugg, Hated being a Mara, rerolled and never looked back, but I have to make a third as a lightside to max out jaesa's requirement towards completing the sith warriors task of the title reward?

Right now, I have a maxed darkside jasea, and the tag lable "The Padawan" is still greyed out for the achivement market of completing this...

I FULLY Agree! There is no reason to have to make another, I also have 2 and cant complete this.... and I am DARK side, why in the world do I want a LS Jeasa???

I FULLY Agree! There is no reason to have to make another, I also have 2 and cant complete this.... and I am DARK side, why in the world do I want a LS Jeasa???

The answer to that question would potentially derail this thread, so, as one who has a Dark Sided Sith Warrior with a Light Sided Jeasa, I don't feel comfortable answering that. I will say that this achievement shouldn't be changed, and it is working as intended, based upon the fact that so few probably kept her LS. And that is the whole point of achievements: to get you to do something you normally wouldn't consider.

Its a design oversight, the achivement requries [The Padawan] not [The Padawan] or [The Corrupted Padawan]

its because Jasea is two whole different npc types of companions entirely.

Its a design oversight, the achivement requries [The Padawan] not [The Padawan] or [The Corrupted Padawan]

its because Jasea is two whole different npc types of companions entirely.

Just gizus story replay/reset button that would make us go over the quests since our starting planet and gathering companions once again. Everyone would be happy >_>

Seriously, I can't complete Jasea Willson without having both light/dark versions of her maxed to get my Sith Warrior completion towards the Imperial Squad Leader achivement?

I already have 2 sith warriors at 50. Mara and a Jugg, Hated being a Mara, rerolled and never looked back, but I have to make a third as a lightside to max out jaesa's requirement towards completing the sith warriors task of the title reward?

Right now, I have a maxed darkside jasea, and the tag lable "The Padawan" is still greyed out for the achivement market of completing this...

Who the hell cares about achievements???? If you care this much about them then you need some help man.

I never really understood achievements, I could care less if I get one. Nobody sees them, they aren't even good for bragging rights because nobody cares. So what's the point? I think people so enamored by achievements have a form of OCD mental illness..

The answer to that question would potentially derail this thread, so, as one who has a Dark Sided Sith Warrior with a Light Sided Jeasa, I don't feel comfortable answering that. I will say that this achievement shouldn't be changed, and it is working as intended, based upon the fact that so few probably kept her LS. And that is the whole point of achievements: to get you to do something you normally wouldn't consider.

so the you fully support having to make 4 Snipers to complete the Chapter 1 achievement, even after the Dev's have said it is a flaw.

1) it's not a bug (see the post above me)... though I get that it BUGS YOU.

Considering that having to roll 3 Agents to get those achievements has been confirmed as a bug I'm not sure why you are sure that rolling two warriors to get get this achievement isn't.

Considering that having to roll 3 Agents to get those achievements has been confirmed as a bug I'm not sure why you are sure that rolling two warriors to get get this achievement isn't.

You dont have to roll two warriors in fact, if you were in my terms, lame enough to pick light side jasea then you dont need to worry. While the good 70% of the people who wanted a twisted fallen jedi as a companion get jipped entirely.

Who the hell cares about achievements???? If you care this much about them then you need some help man.

I never really understood achievements, I could care less if I get one. Nobody sees them, they aren't even good for bragging rights because nobody cares. So what's the point? I think people so enamored by achievements have a form of OCD mental illness..

Because it gives people something else to do.

The exact same thing can be said for running the end-game OP's and FP's over and over to get the highest tiered gear. Who cares that you got UBER gear, no one other than you and your own bragging rights that you've ACHIEVED it.

Oh Gods, not this again.

who the hell cares about people caring about achievements? If you care this much about them, then you seriously need some help, man.

Is there a mental illness that makes people comment threads about topics they don't care? You might be an expert in such things...

so the you fully support having to make 4 Snipers to complete the Chapter 1 achievement, even after the Dev's have said it is a flaw.

The developer's said it is a flaw; therefore, my opinion doesn't matter. Which by the way, having to play a class 4 times to get the achievement is nuts. Playing the Sith Warrior 2 times is not. Comparing a DS Jaesa to a LS Jaesa is like comparing Vette to Khem Val.

Edited by jason_ralph