Same old nonsense

gofortheko

I cant fathom why classes who have great dps at range not only get multiple forms of crowd control, but also they can just run around in circles and with the terrible range of melee powers never be hit. The worst I think is when my jedi guardian was facing a BH he just tanked him and beat me down easy. So not only does he have tons of Crowd control, dps, but he can tank as well or better than me.

I am hoping that Jedi's get better the higher you go, but I wont hold my breath. Ill keep trudging a long and try to figure out a good way to pvp, but with very little Crowd control, and zero snares I am finding it a rough go.

They are known late bloomers. Stick it out if you like the general feel of the class. You get your CC late, and can get a bit more if you're Gaurdian spec.

The CC isn't that bad overall in my exp., and I play Shadow so its not like people like seeing me next to them.

When people are higher lvls there is more CC, but there's also more ways to break it for most classes. Make sure you get in a habit of using your CC breaker(lvl 9) ability as well.

Pro Tip: Never use charge abiity to start combat unless you absolutely have to. Save it for the knockback, or post stun.

Edited by Varcan

bolster is a moronic mechanic

don't judge PvP at a low level--it's impossible to balance before everyone has their abilities and skill points

guardian gets a fair amount of CC, especially if you're defense spec

Edited by reofjsof

you rolled a melee tank on and expected to do well in pvp? seriopusly if you want to own in pvp just roll a sorc like everyone else.

No lie. I played a mach today and the Empire team consisted of all Sith Iquisitors with the exception of two spots and those were Agents.

According to a Live Chat with Creative Director James Ohlen, Lead Writer Daniel Erickson, and Lead Flashpoints/PvP and Operations Designer Gabe Amatangelo - hosted by Best Buy on their forums - the devs are aware of the problems Jedi Guardians/Sith Juggernauts are facing. The following question and answer come from that Live Chat, and if you would like to read all of the questions and answers for yourself you can head over HERE.

Guest-14: Any idea when the Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Gaurdian will be revamped (Georg promised they were up next for "additional attention")?

Gaming-BBY: >>James: We’re looking at them right now and the changes will be coming in soon after launch.

WoW players are going to have a hard time adjusting to having no gear/level I win buttons.

Lol yes they are and omg do I love it. Some people predict the world is gonna end in another great flood, well I can easily see the qq tears of all the former twinks being enough to cause such a flood lol.

you rolled a melee tank on and expected to do well in pvp? seriopusly if you want to own in pvp just roll a sorc like everyone else.

#WoWrulesapply inSWTORfail

I'd like to see your sorc last long against my assassin; you don't get to cc him before he's in melee range

First off, don't play pvp if you're below 15, your advanced class just isn't developed enough.

playing as a melee tank you really need to pvp with some people. taunt, guarding, and blade ward get some nice pvp points and keep damage away from your pvp buddies. damage wise, if I recommend getting your offensive lightsaber form if you want to do solid damage as the melee tank class.

I'm a firm believer in the worst it is in the beginning, the better off you'll be in the end. I think a lot of people will gravitate towards the easier played classes at the early levels, but it's going to make them lazy. Where as someone who has to fight tooth and nail from level 10 will never have that false sense of security and will be better off for it. Plus it will make you that much more dangerous when you get your full tool kit at your disposal.

Hang in there. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and have at it. It will get better. :)

They are known late bloomers. Stick it out if you like the general feel of the class. You get your CC late, and can get a bit more if you're Gaurdian spec.

The CC isn't that bad overall in my exp., and I play Shadow so its not like people like seeing me next to them.

When people are higher lvls there is more CC, but there's also more ways to break it for most classes. Make sure you get in a habit of using your CC breaker(lvl 9) ability as well.

Pro Tip: Never use charge abiity to start combat unless you absolutely have to. Save it for the knockback, or post stun.

That's like telling Death Knights from WoW not to open with Death Grip (pulls people to you). Too much logic for forums.

Well been playing a lot lately, and found out Jedi Guardians get pretty solid. Once you get an aoe snare and a few talents they are pretty tough. I think its best to not pvp till 14 (as a Jedi Guardian) because thats where I got my defensive form, and sprint helps a lot. Nothing more fun than guarding a friend so they dont die too. In any case see you guys in game.

WoW players are going to have a hard time adjusting to having no gear/level I win buttons.

This just shows that you (and anybody who agrees) have no idea how 2.2K arena and rbg's in wow work.

At those levels, everybody has the same gear and are on an even gearing field. If you are talking about the welfare random bg players picking on folks in greens, that is a different story.

But do you think that someone capable of the highest levels of wow arena/rbg's isn't going to faceroll all over the average player in this game? really?

Situation awareness, positioning, knowlege of the other classes, timing, cd management, reaction time and the ability to use many many keybinds and modifiers are what make a player good at pvp. If you were bad at wow you are going to be bad at this game. it's the same type of game, different skin.

Youre just feeling the effect of the poorly implemented bolster. Tank has zero advantage when everyone has generally the same health.

No. He was feeling the effect of facing a Powertech BH in his defensive stance, while he was too low level to get his own defensive stance.

So he was getting thumped by proc damage, and tickling the BH because of the doubled durability.

TL;DR: low levels lose to high levels due to not having access to the higher level skills. Alert the media.

Seriously you know how many times i have seen a wow reference in the forums? Let me state this again its not wow get over it. Dont like it go back to wow period end of story. Dont try and turn this game into wow cuz ill tell you what a huge majority will leave since alot of us left wow.

That being said i am going to read what the dev said and hope he didnt just nerf the game cuz a couple of lame wads wanting everything at day 2 got us all nerfed. Cuz if the goof with one class they will have to goof with them all.

This just shows that you (and anybody who agrees) have no idea how 2.2K arena and rbg's in wow work.

At those levels, everybody has the same gear and are on an even gearing field. If you are talking about the welfare random bg players picking on folks in greens, that is a different story.

But do you think that someone capable of the highest levels of wow arena/rbg's isn't going to faceroll all over the average player in this game? really?

Situation awareness, positioning, knowlege of the other classes, timing, cd management, reaction time and the ability to use many many keybinds and modifiers are what make a player good at pvp. If you were bad at wow you are going to be bad at this game. it's the same type of game, different skin.

+Rep for spittin' Snapple Facts. Bulls-eye pretty much.

Great so the glowsticks cried and here we go with game changers. Should of figured it be a light stick calling out the nerf stick. Perhaps what they should do is just not allow pvp till level 15 so the glowsticks stop crying "i dont have cc or burst speed"? Thanks guy