Casual PvP?

LordMordeth

What i mean is with the abundance of Smashers/Sweepers, grenades, premades that roflstomp PuGs and so on.. is it even possible to PvP casually and still feel like you're not a hindrance to your team?

Cos i've tried (not a PvP nut, since there's obviously no balance there.. like at all) and everytime i try it's the same frustrating experience that turns me right off, even when it's a win.

Now gear obviously makes a huge difference (certainly seems to) but since i don't really enjoy bashing my head against a brick wall, would i be better off just not bothering at all vs just gritting my teeth and praying the next match isn't against yet another grenade equipped premade sporting 4+ lolsmashers?

If open world PvP was actually a viable option, that would be the outlet for more casual PvP as it adds the element of surprise and mixes in other skills than just gear and learning a system which takes a certain amount of repetition but unfortunately unless it's staged (which defeats the purpose), it doesn't exist. Even if it DID exist, HeroEngine is a piece of crap and won't allow enough players on the screen without lagging top end computers to **** anyway.

Smash is only really good against bads.

'Casual' should not equal to playing bad. Grenades are cheap and easy to get. Use them, casually.

People keep saying that.. lolsmashing/sweeping is good against bads, certainly seems to me it's good against everyone as you don't actually have to do anything BUT click a button (buff to get 4 stacks of.. Singularity, is it on Imp side?), hit another button to leap, followed by Smash/Sweep and watch massive damage become reality.

Cos i for one can't watch every direction at once and with the extreme overabundance of Warriors/Knights dodging their massively damaging Sweeps/Smashes isn't exactly piece of cake.

As for grenades while i do have access to them easylike (got a Cybertech alt) it feels cheap throwing them around + i mostly just can't be bothered since it's not like i PvP a lot. :p