The Incompetence of Bioware is Astounding.

peter_plankskull

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I saw previous to KOTFE was people saying the game was dead, but you personally know of at least 56 players (7 full raiding groups, unless my maths is wrong) who have only just left? The game must have been doing better than everyone thought.

.....but you'll struggle on, just so you can keep telling people how hard it is for you?

This is your first response to the thread, common stop trolling

This is your first response to the thread, common stop trolling

So your trolling someone about supposedly trolling?:rolleyes:

Just a note: Reminds me of the OP whining about insults when the OPs first post was insulting others. Got to love hypocrites.

Edited by well

To have recieved a warning from Bioware because of my original post...not sure how that mind of theirs works but there is just no reasoning with some ppl. Even to try and find logic behind an `old player` sharing his views to new players on how much fun they can find in this game is apparently too much if you mention how dissapointed you might get when you find out what `we` had for years and how easy and simplified the latest overhaul was.

There is also no point in responding to any1 who apparently still wishes to stick to attacking the threads title, or do not seem to get how things are worse than they have been. Hope that last part will be understood by most, all I can wish for in this season of good will....

Let us just leave it at that, shall we? What would be the point anyway knowing BW does what BW wants.

I am just happy I picked up at least 1 fanboy who does not even get that PvP is always new, cause the content is the challenge provided by the real players you play against, altough new maps would be nice but this year (also next year apparently) it is BWs choice of flavor....no point in going any further on this either or anything else for that matter but do not hold your breath on my part.

I am sure I could provide enough to get another warning...

To all the new players, as in my original post, welcome and enjoy yourselves.

I am just gonna start walking, and I am taking my stuff with me....

Can I just ask.......actually no point asking, I'm just going to post. When you guys picture Bioware do you see it as some some of evil corporation from James Bond, where they sit, laughing maniacally, twirling moustaches and rubbing their hands, planning ways to make this game as bad as possible? Or do you picture 4 sweaty Star Wars geeks (maybe not sweaty, but almost definitely geeks) who thought they were in their dream job making an AAA SW MMO game, sitting round their computers, working 14-16 hour days, 6 days a week, for a year or so to try to bring a great game to you, thinking only to maybe get a couple of days off, only to see players sprint through the whole thing, hammer the spacebar through the cutscenes, and light up the forums with complaints about all your hard work not being good enough?

I hope all of the people complaining are absolutely perfect at the job that they do.

Can I just ask.......actually no point asking, I'm just going to post. When you guys picture Bioware do you see it as some some of evil corporation from James Bond, where they sit, laughing maniacally, twirling moustaches and rubbing their hands, planning ways to make this game as bad as possible? Or do you picture 4 sweaty Star Wars geeks (maybe not sweaty, but almost definitely geeks) who thought they were in their dream job making an AAA SW MMO game, sitting round their computers, working 14-16 hour days, 6 days a week, for a year or so to try to bring a great game to you, thinking only to maybe get a couple of days off, only to see players sprint through the whole thing, hammer the spacebar through the cutscenes, and light up the forums with complaints about all your hard work not being good enough?

I hope all of the people complaining are absolutely perfect at the job that they do.

Nice try BW Dev :)

Nice try BW Dev :)

Thats odd but i had EXACTLY same thought when i saw that post.

There are customers that are happy how the game is, but its not important and here is why. If this game will loose quite a lot subscribers and f2p players in short time it wont matter how much effort BW devs put into this game sadly. Cuts have to be done because of smaller budget and that means less new stuff to release. We all know where that leads eventually and is already happening.

But i wont blame devs because they do as they are told what to do. Managers and lead designers are those who make decisions how this game will progress or not. EA has reputation to pull the plug and erase any gaming company they bought in past ifthey are not doing well. They only look for big profits. But with SWTOR its different. They have IP rights for many years and it would be catastrophic if this game cant survive (starts loosing money) until SW IP game rights will expire

Edited by Divona

So your trolling someone about supposedly trolling?:rolleyes:

Just a note: Reminds me of the OP whining about insults when the OPs first post was insulting others. Got to love hypocrites.

The only thing I see in my original post demeaning anyone or anything is in the title and about fanboys. I never specifically called anyone a fanboy, only used it as a general statement to anyone who defends this game 100% without giving any negative feedback and attacks anything the least bit of negative about this game. I will admit this post mentions a lot of flaws and is a lot of negative feedback, and I do try to keep insults at a minimum, but it is not without a blind perception.

I run a car valet company...if we don't do a perfect job every time, customers will not return. Company has been going for 22 years. If we screw up- the customer comes first, instant redress which always exceeds expectation. When Bioware screws up there is and has never been admission of guilt. And absolutely no redress.

@mess ups by incompetent devs are supposed to be expected in mmo's@

The last couple of months mess ups have been truly epic in scale

1.Companion nerf and half bummed fix

2. Stack exploit

3. Broken events.

3. 24 hour server shut down and double patch fix

4. Missing companions.

5. Pantless companions.

6. Server roll backs.

7. Snowball tank CM only when Tait said it would be available for parcels in the live stream (i may have misunderstood)

8. 224 gear. utterly pointless doing nihm ops

9. Exploit bans and punishment for normal players, but nothing done to gold sellers and botters.

10. Almost complete contempt from CS now. Got a problem? Found an exploit ? post it on reddit. The latest exploit was fixed within 24 hrs of the "how to" going on Reddit even though the devs knew about it at the launch of 4.0. Five weeks of watching queues at the vendor...and temptation to put your companions back to where they were pre 4.0!!!

Edited by twpotter
gramar

I run a car valet company...if we don't do a perfect job every time, customers will not return. Company has been going for 22 years. If we screw up- the customer comes first, instant redress which always exceeds expectation. When Bioware screws up there is and has never been admission of guilt. And absolutely no redress.

2. Stack exploit

3. Broken events.

4. Missing companions.

5. Pantless companions.

6. Server roll backs.

7. Snowball tank CM only when Tait said it would be available for parcels in the live stream (i may have misunderstood)

9. Exploit bans and punishment for normal players, but nothing done to gold sellers and botters.

10. Almost complete contempt from CS now. Got a problem? Found an exploit ? post it on reddit. The latest exploit was fixed within 24 hrs of the "how to" going on Reddit even though the devs knew about it at the launch of 4.0. Five weeks of watching queues at the vendor...and temptation to put your companions back to where they were pre 4.0!!!

You can't compare this entertainment industry to your valet. People can just self park or find a valet somewhere. There is no other star wars mmo (not counting emus), the IP is not someone parking a car, its a saga that has been around longer than your business.

This is why they can get away with what they do. You think if Disney messed up a movie they would apologize? You think GL will ever apologize for the prequels? Nope, don't have to. The same people are going to keep crawling back.

Bad comparison. People stay subbed no matter what, its just how it is.

Of course he can and rightfully so. when you get that poor service you just keep tossing that money at the mistake. I mean that makes a lot of sense. and yes this game is headed in a poor direction and is directed by some very poor thinkers and yes they need to say whoops we goofed up and need to hit reset button immediately and redo this. they need to push out the rest of this chapter mess in a month or two not 12 months and be done with their horrible mmo experiment.

You can't compare this entertainment industry to your valet. People can just self park or find a valet somewhere. There is no other star wars mmo (not counting emus), the IP is not someone parking a car, its a saga that has been around longer than your business.

This is why they can get away with what they do. You think if Disney messed up a movie they would apologize? You think GL will ever apologize for the prequels? Nope, don't have to. The same people are going to keep crawling back.

Of course he can and rightfully so. when you get that poor service you just keep tossing that money at the mistake. I mean that makes a lot of sense. and yes this game is headed in a poor direction and is directed by some very poor thinkers and yes they need to say whoops we goofed up and need to hit reset button immediately and redo this. they need to push out the rest of this chapter mess in a month or two not 12 months and be done with their horrible mmo experiment.

I really think that would be their only saving grace, get this crap xpac out fast, get it over with and work on some end game content.....Story is great, Story is what drives the star wars universe and why I love it so much, the history, characters, worlds, races, technology all of it....BUT WITHOUT THE PROVERBAL CARROT TO DRIVE US WHY STAY? With nothing to grind on why stay subbed? I can just save money wait for it all to be out, sub and finish the whole thing after you are down with it (a year from now, if you game is still alive) in a week. YOU NEED TO PUT STUFF IN A GAME TO KEEP US GOING, that how a sub works, if there is nothing to do people wont stay, nothing to grind on, no next teir to work on, no new operation to get down, no new pvp at all...plain and simple you will loose your player base if this is it.

Its a silly comparison. People don't have a passion for car valet. People have a passion for Star Wars. That is why this game won't fail despite people pointing obvious flaws with it.

His comparison on how is valet service is successful due to having the customer be right does not work here. They have poor CS, poor MMO qualities, and a story that is its life support. YET somehow people keep throwing money at it.

Come to think of it SWTOR is like his car valet service, if his valet service crashed the cars and the customers showed up with a new one for them to crash time and time again..

Valet has a different meaning to Americans i'm guessing. My company has nothing to do with parking cars.

Valet (England) - cleaning/refurbishing car interior exterior.

We absolutely need return customers.

2. Stack exploit

3. Broken events.

4. Missing companions.

5. Pantless companions.

6. Server roll backs.

Your comparison is specious. A valet service is nothing close to providing an MMO. You don't need to invest months of time and six or seven figures in cash in order to change your service. In fact, if you do provide an additional level of service that required even marginal investment you'd charge more. Your company is, I assume, run under objective standards - i.e. it can be seen when something was done incorrectly. Do you refund a customer that says the work wasn't done right when it was? Do you refund every customer that used your service last Saturday because 1 guy had a poor experience, that was actually his own fault, but he's now running around outside your service area with a billboard saying how you screwed him and everyone in there needs to be fired?

Do you take the word of someone that comes along 4 hours later and says this guy he knows had a bad experience at your service so now this new guy thinks he deserves something special? Or you offer a "buy 4, get the 5th free" deal. but a bunch your customers' complain that isn't good enough - they've been coming to you for years so they deserve the next 10 free? Oh, and you aren't allowed to change your price, ever, regardless of changes in costs. But you still need to keep giving away more and more free stuff. And, to top it all off, anyone that actually thinks you are doing a good job is just a suck up, an idiot, or probably someone you paid.

Because that's what goes on here - day in, day out. A few valid arguments and concerns but mostly a bunch of whining that the game isn't what they want and demands to change it immediately, insults and worse towards the devs and players who are actually enjoying the game (because they must be stupid to actually like it here, right?).