If you do not know, don't pretend to understand.

Vedano

The company is exactly that, a company. It is an entity designed from the ground up to produce a profit. If it ceases to do so, it is no longer a company. People are employed, there are share holders, a CEO, a CFO, a vice president and other various employees of the company EA and Bioware. This game is designed to give a product to the masses and to turn a profit. It is not designed to cater to the whining children that have come across from the parasite producing monster known as WoW.

If you do not like the game and the product, then simply stop playing. Would you eat a fruit you do not find appetizing? Would you read a book you do not find interesting? Would you watch a movie that does not excite you or move you? Unless I am forced to do these things I know I would not do so. I enjoy this game, so, I play it. If you do not, then do not. I understand the aggrivation some of you share with the rest of us, but there comes a point where you are not simply giving constructive criticism, but attacking a group of people that must work within the limitations that the job dictates.

You think they don't want to appease every single person playing so they can make as much money as they can? Of course they do, but we live in reality, where not everyone can be happy, just most of us moderately content. We all live in a realm of limitations. Some of the things they may want to do and some of the ideas you propose are the best ideas they have ever heard. And they may bring these ideas to their managers and all the way up the line, but if the money is not given, if the idea is stricken down, if there is little to no support based on the financial rulings of non gaming share holders, than what can be done?

I understand that we all want this game to be perfect, we want this game to be everything that we all want it to be, but the reality is that for the most part all of us want very different things. How do you supposed they reach this goal? Make different servers for everyone with this point of view or that point of view and you pick how you think? That would cost more money and maintenance than it could ever be worth. Who's ideas do they take and who's do they throw away? They pick from the most realistic and economically sound and frugal ideas, because our enjoyment does not give the higher ups of the company their bonus checks.

It might not sound fun, but it is a reality none the less. So before you talk about things you think you know, make sure you understand them first.

Edited by Vedano

This game makes it's profit from months subscriptions and new people buying the game itself.

And therefore, I have every right to complain because I am paying to play.

It is in their best interests as a company to make sure customers are satisfied so they continue to purchase your product.

According to these forums, people aren't satisfied and guess what? MMO require players and subs to continue running.

this thread here has to be my all time favorite!! in such creative but not saying it to peoples faces"stop all your QQ'n I'm tired of reading it"excuses..bravo..bravo:)

the mass majority of the demographic for mmo's are young adults to mature older consumers, of course they know its a business. PR departments dont exist because a company ignores its consumers, ultimately they want the game to be successful and make them even more money. lol..just thought i'd add my 2cents ;)

Edited by Naessisa

this thread here has to be my all time favorite!! in such creative but not saying it to peoples faces"stop all your QQ'n I'm tired of reading it"excuses..bravo..bravo:)

the mass majority of the demographic for mmo's are young adults to mature older consumers, of course they know its a business. PR departments dont exist because a company ignores its consumers, ultimately they want the game to be successful and make them even more money. lol..just thought i'd add my 2cents ;)

I understand what you are saying. I never suggested that a company ignores its consumers. But the consumer comes 2nd to the profit. Why would a company cut its customer service group by a third inside of a year? Surely not to insure customer satisfaction I can assure you. Also I have never seen a poor executive, have you?

To suggest that they do not want to put out a product that the consumer wants is foolish. But to suggest that the consumer comes before the profit, lol, now thats just ignorance.

TL;DR version of thread - The OP doesn't know and is pretending to understand.

Looks like you decided to take the idea that many others have done to take a video as a response to me since you can't come up with your own coherent thoughts. So original of you.

Allow me to stoop to your level and reply with another video so that hopefully you understand. Hopefully you get the point of why I am linking this video. However if the reason is lost on you I certainly wont be surprised.

Edited by Vedano

a few lines in, and you realize that OP is just another guy trying to be smart. I did not bother to finish all of it as I assumed it would be just as much bull as the start was.

I study marketing & business, take my word for it or don't.

Like others mentioned, companies cater to their customers. Everything is about adopting to the market - therefor companies values feedback.

And just to add some common sence, if people dislike this game and leaves because of it, how does the company make money? You're right, they don't.

So next time you want to be a self righteous, better knowing individual at least know what you are talking about.