The most underrated Rebellion/Empire leader character type in the movies?

Wolfninjajedi

Figured this would be a new topic, so folks just by the movies...aside from the main characters. Which character of the Rebel Alliance or Empire that is a leader, do you think was underrated and not given enough screen time? My vote goes to General Rieekan, even without reading the EU of him before I thought "nice this guy must be a good leader" and when I read the EU of him I thought they should have shown him more in ESB with Echo Base and the battle of hoth.

Especially when he said "Prepare for a ground assault." I would have loved to see how Echo Base planned its defenses in the movies.

On the Empire side, I guess I would have to go with Piett cause he seemed to be the only competent officer who didn't mess things up and get choked by Vader.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Piett and Veers sure were some of the most competent guys in the imperial military, at least they had enough of Vader's respect not to get chocked to death, but my opinion is we saw enough of them, strict military guys are usually good in small doses for them to parade around being cool

I felt we could have seen more of the other bounty hunters besides Boba Fett, having some of them show up on Bespin or in the next movie would be cool

Edited by SNCommand

Wedge

he saved Luke in Ep IV over the Death Star with the best cinematic shot of that whole space battle.

He brought down the first walker on Hoth in Ep V

He co-led the attack on the 2nd Death Star and helped Lando destroy it.

Never a scene where gets medals or someone says "wow Wedge, thanks for all you've done! and without the force helping you out!" He symbolized the workhorses of the Rebel Alliance military that worked behind the scenes.

Wedge

he saved Luke in Ep IV over the Death Star with the best cinematic shot of that whole space battle.

He brought down the first walker on Hoth in Ep V

He co-led the attack on the 2nd Death Star and helped Lando destroy it.

Never a scene where gets medals or someone says "wow Wedge, thanks for all you've done! and without the force helping you out!" He symbolized the workhorses of the Rebel Alliance military that worked behind the scenes.

pssh, lando helped wedge, wedge did all the work. ;)

/wedge fanboy glasses

I'd say Arvel Crynyd was pretty underrated for being a BAMF and crashing his disabled A-wing into the SSD Executor's bridge like a boss. <_< If the character was expanded on more before hand it'd of been more powerful though.

Edited by Amaste