BW going against the idea of MMORPG?

Anyway so the new update is great in a lot of ways but here is a new problem that REALLY needs to be fixed soon.

So the whole point of a game like this is that it is "social" in a lot of ways right?

Well here is my recent experience.

i'm saving up for War Hero gear...want to do ranked warzones....

announce in chat, annoucne in chat....about 50 announcements later we are ready to go!

oops..nevermind...than someone leaves...ok now we have to start over...about 20 announcements later

were ready. after one match everyone leaves again...time to start over.

do so we do this all over again. 3 hours later I have only played 3 warzones and some only lasted about 3 min (huttball)cause we got defeated so bad.

ok...so same thing happens next day.

than the day after that we try to do Karragas Palace or Eternity Vault...Group Finder works o.k. but we still got most players from announcing in chat... we play the mission..try to "take shuttle" (came out with new update) and nothing happens. Anyway some of the players were jerks and started game without us...and so on...

so we left started over....2 and a half hours later we can't do the mission AGAIN!

we find out that you can't do the weekly if you have started it. some of the players tried this before and lost

...they were giving it their all and trying again...but turns out everyone else lost out and couldn't play. this is probably

what happen the first time.

SO 3 WASTED DAYS.

BIOWARE PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME SOCIAL. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT. WHEN YOUR CUSTOMERS SPEND HOURS GETTING GROUPS TOGETHER ONLY TO REALIZE THEY CAN'T PLAY..IT WORKS AGAINST THE WHOLE IDEA OF AN MMORPG.

PLEASE;

MAKE RANKED WARZONES 4 people queue, or bring in solo queue ranked, or my favorite idea> rank guilds as one...even if players are in solo queue. why not have three or four diff rankings? right? spread out your investments before you lose us.

SECONDLY IF SOMEONE DOES NOT COMPLETE A WEEKLY dont count it against them...because about 16 people wasted their nights...and even if we knew about this 1/3 starting weekly nerf ahead of time...thats just longer looking for more players. its more likely people who started it but couldn't finish will want to finish again.

THIS IS A SOCIAL GAME PLEASE DONT WORK AGAINST YOURSELF BY MAKING IT TOUGH FOR THOSE WHO SPEND ALL NIGHT TRYING TO BE SOCIAL!

Not to be nasty to you, but this is what guilds are for. It's difficult finding groups which is why the group finder for PvE is in, the idea behind ranked warzones is for a team to go in together since when Season 1 starts you won't want to go with some randoms but rather a team you can communicate with and know will respond.

the idea behind ranked warzones is for a team to go in together since when Season 1 starts you won't want to go with some randoms but rather a team you can communicate with and know will respond.

This is a good point, and you weren't nasty. I appreciate your input.

What I mentioned ^ is AFTER your guild or group is together.

That is why I said "going against" because once we we're all ready to get SOCIAL and start the mission... BAM....we couldn't do it.

We couldn't get social;

Because some people started The Weekly. This happened on both occasions after we already spent an hour getting the group together. Than we had to split up and start over. This happened over and over again. To sum it up. It would be great for BW to remove the weekly limitation (if you haven't actually finished it). These group members had started but not finished the mission we wanted to play before, and couldn't win because it was too tough.

When we already have to wait an hour EVERYTIME we get a group together (with LFG tool) than I believe BW needs to remove this limitation. It's already hard enough to get a group together, thats less and less people that we can group with...making the wait longer and longer...hence making people quit...hence making a SOCIAL GAME ...UNSOCIAL.

Edited by NoaFlux

ok ill simplify. and i do have a couple guilds.

we can not do mission with those who tried it and LOST.

so that lessons the amount of people that can QUEUE FOR LFG.

everyone knows now lfg takes awhile, its good but still takes time

letting those who have played...eternity vault, karaggas...and not finished

should be able to queue to make the LFG TOOL work better in the end.

BW can give us a LFG tool, but they can't make people stop being tools.

Hopefully you met some people during your experiences that felt the same way you did, had a decent time with you, added you to their friends list and you can get better groups together in the future.

Did you try having the group leader reset the phase for those who tried it already? Or having them restart/abandon the quest? Seems like that may have been able to fix it.

lol. not laughing at you but we must have reset the mission a thousand times.

all I know is three times this week I had an awesome group together and three times we had to split up after about an hour of getting everyone together, and it wasn't because people just wanted to leave.

the warp to location feature broke once, someone started too early once, but it seemed the main problem was that some of our players had done the mission during the current week, died...couldn't complete it because it was too tough and couldn't try it again.

Thats not too mention how hard and time consuming it was to get Ranked Warzones together and have people leave.

All I'm saying is this is SOCIAL game.

When people...try and try and try again to be SOCIAL but CAN'T. That's not good.

I'm sure BW is trying to fix this. I believe all these things are fixable.

1. debug the warp to location feature

2. If one player goes ahead because he's impatient. Make it so everyone has to click a ready icon when walking through the first door so this doesn't happen.

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY let someone who couldn't complete a mission, try again with a different group.

Edited by NoaFlux

Ranked warzones are not a social thing. They are for 8 players to play together, communicating, most likely fellow guildies. It's for competitive pvp, which is probably why you are loosing so fast with your pug group, hence why everyone leaves after 1 loss.

You can queue solo, up to 4, in regular warzones. Do that.

As for the social aspect for pve, and your 'ready check', this already exists. When a group is formed, every member must accept the queue, therefore stating that they are there. If the shuttle bugged for you, then it was just that, a bug. However, Bioware has no control over peoples mind's (yet). They cannot stop another player dying, or doing stupid things. This is why guilds are popular, to complete harder content with people you can rely on, as well as the social aspect of course.

Ranked warzones are not a social thing. They are for 8 players to play together, communicating, most likely fellow guildies. It's for competitive pvp, which is probably why you are loosing so fast with your pug group, hence why everyone leaves after 1 loss.

You can queue solo, up to 4, in regular warzones. Do that.

As for the social aspect for pve, and your 'ready check', this already exists. When a group is formed, every member must accept the queue, therefore stating that they are there. If the shuttle bugged for you, then it was just that, a bug. However, Bioware has no control over peoples mind's (yet). They cannot stop another player dying, or doing stupid things. This is why guilds are popular, to complete harder content with people you can rely on, as well as the social aspect of course.

Though I appreciate your input, I unfortunately disagree. I wish we could agree.

First disagreement; "Ranked WZ is not social" think about what you just said "They are for 8 players to play together, communicating" sounds social to me. I honestly don't see your point here. All I'm saying is that it could be EASIER to be social, in turn prolonging the game's life because people will feel like they got what they paid for.

Second disagreement; "Bioware has no control over peoples mind's (yet)." This is actually based on theory. Theoretically BW does have control over what happens in our minds about their game, by using limitations and opportunity. For example I want to run fast, BW says "you can't" by writing code that limits me in the first place. Therefore they controlled, or limited my control.

Than the opposite is true. If I want to run fast, and one-thousand other people wanted to run fast, and we all blogged about it, and BW decided to make it happen. Again BW let this happen, in turn taking control of the outcome in which we both took part.

I know this sounds funny but there is always an answer to a problem, especially a virtual one. The answer is BW. They do have control, and in a virtual world can do pretty much anything, creating the opportunity for more social finesse. I believe BW is working hard to do this, I just want to make sure they do. It's for all of our benefit.

Again;

This is similar to a government, or a church. When people are willing to be a part, and do great things, but are limited they will not support the power, or go somewhere else. In this case it's a lot easier to jump on someone elses "ship" via a URL.

In a lot of cases BW is just protecting themselves and their revenue. That's smart, and in turn we all benefit, by having a community that sticks around for the long hull . But the point is that SOCIAL FINESSE is more important than timely missions, and is entirely possible. It's possible for Ranked WZ and regular social missions. I believe BW is trying their best, and GF is evidence of that. I just want to make sure.

Edited by NoaFlux

Boss lockouts in raid are there in most MMOs, that's certainly nothing new. Yes, you won't be able to use the group finder for Karagga's Palace, for example, if members of your group killed at least one boss before failing.

And I also wanted to say GUILDS ARE NOT THE ANSWER. Not shouting...just want to make it known before I get another guild response.

If guilds worked 100% than we would have never needed group finder in the first place.

Maybe you want to change your argument to a "really huge guild", or a "really awesome guild that helps me all the time".

But both of these guilds have disadvantages, and are not a strong argument. Even Guilds can be limited when trying to interact socially.

I could have been with my guild when these things happened, and they would have still happened.

Edited by NoaFlux

Boss lockouts in raid are there in most MMOs, that's certainly nothing new. Yes, you won't be able to use the group finder for Karagga's Palace, for example, if members of your group killed at least one boss before failing.

Thanks Siorac . At least you solidified a part of this. ^ is an example of what I'm talking about.

Who cares if it's in other MMO's that doesn't make it right! We are here to have fun, and to have fun with others. Limitations are not fun. Especially when they are against our whole group.

If I want to play with my friends, and I can't find enough people, why shouldn't these "boss beaters" be able to play? It would make finding groups even easier! :) Right? Everyone's happy!

Why wouldn't you want everything to be easier, for people to be happier? If those who killed "one boss" got a special drop or something give them social points and limit them from drops. Also give them a warning ahead of time so they don't get mad later on.

IT IS possible to have more SOCIAL FINESSE and in turn for fans to be HAPPIER with SWTOR.

16 unhappy people are not a good thing to under justify.

Edited by NoaFlux

Well, the reason for having these lockouts is simple: longevity. If people can just keep farming the bosses every day, every hour, they will 1) gear up pretty quickly, 2) will be sick of the whole thing before long. Devs want you to keep playing longer. Hence the mechanic that only allows you to defeat an operation boss once a week.

Well, the reason for having these lockouts is simple: longevity. If people can just keep farming the bosses every day, every hour, they will 1) gear up pretty quickly, 2) will be sick of the whole thing before long. Devs want you to keep playing longer. Hence the mechanic that only allows you to defeat an operation boss once a week.

I agree with this, and I mentioned this above. The question comes down to Fun VS Longevity of the game VS. Stress.

But when 8 to 16 players spend a whole night trying to do something and it never happens. Then try again the next day and it never happens. I'm sorry. That's just wrong, and you can't justify your money's worth.

Edited by NoaFlux

I agree with this, and I mentioned this above. The question comes down to Fun VS Longevity of the game VS. Stress.

But when 8 to 16 players spend a whole night trying to do something and it never happens. Then try again the next day and it never happens. I'm sorry. That's just wrong, and you can't justify your money's worth.

It's called progression raiding. It's not supposed to be easy, it takes time. Perhaps you need to take a look at the people in your team, BW can't dim down all their content just for the sake of pugs raiding, that's what story mode is for. Content is already easy enough, certainly EV and KP.

On your argument against my point of RWZ's not being social, by that I meant, they are not there to be attempted by a random public group. That's why you have normal warzones. A pug group will never win against a guilded group, using teamspeak, with coordination.

Guilds very much ARE the answer. Ranked warzones are exactly that, competitive pvp.Writing this in blue to apply my point

You wouldn't let a random group of people who had just met the other day join a competitive sporting league, and if they were allowed to join, nobody would expect them to win anything.

It miff's me why you think its a social issue that you cannot get a ranked warzone with random people. The only social issue here is that all the good social pvp'ers are in a guild doing ranked warzones, as that's what you do. Nobody pugs a ranked warzone and expects to win. Did I make myself clear?

Edited by Crooching

I might agree with you on the Ranked thing. I am referring more to PVE groups. I understand the structure of PvP is way different, and like you said is more like sports.

My whole point is about the TIME it takes not the actual process etc.

When a group of people are ready to go! and we can't..."go". and we have to wait for almost two hours...over and over again...ALL BECAUSE OF LIMITATIONS...that's not good, and BW needs to stop that.

Groups are ready to get social...and we can't.

BW is aware of all this that's why they created group finder. Next they need to make it easier to group with people...by taking out some restrictions that go against GF in a way. Because if you FIND a group but you can't play with them. Who cares?

Edited by NoaFlux