The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Korriban FP MM. "Tank" wear DPS gear, says he's a PvP tank. Healer facepalmed. My 274 undergeared vigil DPS ended up tanking the 1st boss bc he was knocked into the electric cage. The poor healer did an amazing job healing my squishy hide... we took down the boss by a near wipe. Healer gets upset bc of the "tank"s ignorance, refuses to carry "fake tank" and quits.

We head to DPS check droid boss without a healer. Still ignorant, "tank" jumps and splat goes his companion. Then blames me for being undergeared when he goes splat himself in less than 10secs. I've done MMFPs with toons rated under 280 just fine if there's a proper healer / tank.

He just blames everyone else but him. I hope I don't meet his alt in other FP pops...

Korriban FP MM. "Tank" wear DPS gear, says he's a PvP tank. Healer facepalmed. My 274 undergeared vigil DPS ended up tanking the 1st boss bc he was knocked into the electric cage. The poor healer did an amazing job healing my squishy hide... we took down the boss by a near wipe. Healer gets upset bc of the "tank"s ignorance, refuses to carry "fake tank" and quits.

We head to DPS check droid boss without a healer. Still ignorant, "tank" jumps and splat goes his companion. Then blames me for being undergeared when he goes splat himself in less than 10secs. I've done MMFPs with toons rated under 280 just fine if there's a proper healer / tank.

He just blames everyone else but him. I hope I don't meet his alt in other FP pops...

That's why we need legacy ignore.

On the other hand, i cant add anything new to this thread and its kinda amazing. All my VET runs be it HS or Nathema after 6.0 were pretty smooth, and i do MMs only with guildies anyway.

That's why we need legacy ignore.

On the other hand, i cant add anything new to this thread and its kinda amazing. All my VET runs be it HS or Nathema after 6.0 were pretty smooth, and i do MMs only with guildies anyway.

I wish it worked this way.

Ran 4 flashpoints this morning, added 4 names to my ignore list.

First one went fine, told the group straight off I hadn't played healer in a long time so don't rely on me (it was vet mode so they didn't care). Had one guy bein a pest and breaking LOS then whining when I couldn't heal him but I was prepared for that.

Second one had a tank who threatened to quit if anyone else did a pull (again vet mode). We had a few deaths due to stupidity like not LOSing mobs, breaking LOS with me constantly/running out of my range constantly, not keeping aggro... The part that earned him the ignore was when he fell through the light bridge on HS (why he was standing on it while fighting hte turrets I don't know) and blamed me for not pulling him back (mind you I already pulled him out once).

Third run, yay another HS! :mad: I ignored 2/3 of the others in the group. Extra squishy shadow got mad that we couldn't keep him healed when he refused to use his DCDs and didn't use LOS. Then after first boss he went running off the wrong way, I pointed out that it was the wrong way and he vote kicked me.

Before I got removed from the group I saw one of them say in group chat "Oh this is the wrong way"

Last run not HS yay! Athiss, overall smooth run until just before the end. The shadow decided the best way to deal with the temple disciples was not to cc them and sneak past but rather gather them all from both rooms and aoe them.

Yelled at me for not being able to keep up with the heals, then started a vote kick. The kick thankfully failed. Then he wanted a minute before the boss fight (we snuck past the disciples this time). When he finally came back he tried to kick one of the others from the group (no explanation given). This kick also failed but the guy he tried to quick said a few words then noped out along with his guildie leaving just me and the kickaholic.

We got out companions and started the boss fight, we died, he raged out, I requed us got both the guys who had quit earlier and we finished.

Now back to hating group content...

you guys know the sav'rak? the cute little bugger on his platform in lost island?

me and some friends were there some time ago... as the guy who played scoundrel refused to heal we just did island with him as dps, a guardian dps, a vanguard dps and me as vanguard tank... everything went super smooth... no wipes relaxed run... sometimes i had to fear a bit for my life. especially at the bonus boss...

but anyways that run showed, that its possible to do mm lost island even without real healer...

and today i got one where i was the heal...

this is what happened at the sav'rak

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/404761486662172673/665950804368424981/ohmaigot.png?width=735&height=538

its amazing what difference proper tanking and dps can make n a fp....

Then after first boss he went running off the wrong way, I pointed out that it was the wrong way and he vote kicked me.

Before I got removed from the group I saw one of them say in group chat "Oh this is the wrong way"

That's my biggest pet peeve. People always just click "Yes" without even caring about the reason. Almost makes me want to start randomly kicking people for reasons like "He has better hair than me." or "Sith with blue lightsaber"

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

That's my biggest pet peeve. People always just click "Yes" without even caring about the reason. Almost makes me want to start randomly kicking people for reasons like "He has better hair than me." or "Sith with blue lightsaber"

I try to never kick. If someone is learning, I'll try and help/carry them. If they're being jerks I just try and get it over with. I wish BW would change it to 3 people required to kick and if no reason typed, it won't allow the kick. It puts too much power in the hands of a-holes.

The kick mechanism is something I keep meaning to look into.

I think (but really don't know) that simply clicking the "x" next to the vote prompt, means that you don't take any part in the vote, and so the vote is determined solely by those who actually open the prompt and vote. This may mean that sometimes a vote may "succeed" with only 1 or 2 "kick" votes.

That is, it may be that people are just not taking part in the vote, as opposed to voting "yes"(kick).

For anyone in a group where a vote_kick takes place, be sure to actually vote if you are against the kick.

Edited by JediQuaker

The kick mechanism is something I keep meaning to look into.

I think (but really don't know) that simply clicking the "x" next to the vote prompt, means that you don't take any part in the vote, and so the vote is determined solely by those who actually open the prompt and vote. This may mean that sometimes a vote may "succeed" with only 1 or 2 "kick" votes.

That is, it may be that people are just not taking part in the vote, as opposed to voting "yes"(kick).

For anyone in a group where a vote_kick takes place, be sure to actually vote if you are against the kick.

This has been bugging me as well, there were occasions in the past that i clicked "x" in a rush and then realised what i did when that person was being kicked... I regretted rushing it but it is a bit weird that the abstain from voting button isn't located somewhere logical

• 2 weeks later...
I Might be remembering wrong then, but either way I was a sage in Healer spec, and they were adamant that we use the Koltos and not my own healing because.... they didn't need me to heal when they have koltos.

Sounds like Vet mode, but they were still wrong.

Players are entitled to play the role they queue'd for. You were a healer so it was unreasonable for them to expect you to DPS.

I was in KDY group recently. Someone wasn't hitting spacebar during the opening cutscene. (Which is annoying, but...)

Someone said in chat "if you don't spacebar we will kick you." To which I replied, "or we could kick you". :)

Some poor guy who was new to the flashpoint got a bit flustered, but I pointed out to everyone, that there is only the one cutscene in KDY, and things seemed to settle down after that, and we finished with no big problems.

But, the sense of entitlement to assume to speak for everyone concerning kicking someone is ... Interesting. 🤔🙄😏

I'll bet that guy is on a lot of ignore lists. 😅

Edited by JediQuaker

I was in KDY group recently. Someone wasn't hitting spacebar during the opening cutscene. (Which is annoying, but...)

Someone said in chat "if you don't spacebar we will kick you." To which I replied, "or we could kick you". :)

Some poor guy who was new to the flashpoint got a bit flustered, but I pointed out to everyone, that there is only the one cutscene in KDY, and things seemed to settle down after that, and we finished with no big problems.

But, the sense of entitlement to assume to speak for everyone concerning kicking someone is ... Interesting. 🤔🙄😏

I'll bet that guy is on a lot of ignore lists. 😅

Good call on your part. I've been playing this game for a very long time, and I've never once asked or even demanded someone hit the space bar, especially if it's a Vet. If people choose to run that difficulty, assume someone will be wanting to watch the story.

I will be stealing your retort next time I witness that happening though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite a "weird people" story, but interesting.

DPS. GF for MM popped Nathema. 🤔

Not too far in, the tank dropped without a word. I replaced him with Bowdaar, set initially to tank, while we re-queued and continued on.

Then the healer quit and I set Bowdaar to heal and the other DPS took out a DPS companion.

We still got as far as the final boss, but as you may know, companions don't work well there. So we stopped to wait for people to join (after the inevitable wipe).

Meanwhile I mentioned in Discord that I needed a tank and healer for the final boss. But, while I was discussing that in Discord, the DPS also gave up and quit. So I had to quit too - couldn't re-queue, etc.

But I had gotten Guildies so hyped up to do Nathema MM that we formed a group. I had to do it all again from the start, but we finished it with no wipes and just a couple of individual deaths. 🙂

If that DPS reads this - you should of waited just a few minutes longer. 😏

Mando Raiders run. Had a merc qued as heals... He either wasn't heal spec or hadn't visited a trainer in a good long while because he only had the basic heals that any merc can use.

He kept getting wiped because he kept drawing aggro (focused on attacking not healing) and started to whine. I threw guard on him (not a tank so not that useful) but without him dumping aggro even my taunts couldn't keep stuff off him.

He drops mid way through and started messaging me about how it was a "terrible team" "Nobody knows how to play anymore" so on and so forth. After about 15 minutes I finally replied to him that he was replaced with a ship droid with 5 influence and we cleared with 0 deaths since he left.

Then this morning on a HS run. We got wiped, repeatedly. Group was all sniper/op with 3 of us being ~35 the other being 75 in 306 gear. The 75 starts to wine about how this just isn't going to work, we are too low level, op have paper for armor blah blah blah. (we are at the first boss only...) Finally we just kicked him because he was content to just stand there and do nothing, replaced with another 75 (sorc) and even with one of the others either trolling or just not knowing better (attacking anything we tried to sneak past) we managed to fly through it.

I am terrible at OP, I like the stabby stabby bit but I am terrible at it. Yet one thing I do know is they can be damned tough if you manage their DCD.

Short version: Mandalorian Raiders Master mode (GF). Me as Guardian DPS.

Healer sucks. I don't know why. Many deaths result. 🤔

Tank constantly complains about lack of heals, not surprisingly.

About half way through, the other DPS quits, but not the tank.

I summon Kira as heals. She half heals, half dps's. It took an extra while (we were a bit low on DPS), but we finished. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

• 3 weeks later...
Mando Raiders run. Had a merc qued as heals... He either wasn't heal spec or hadn't visited a trainer in a good long while because he only had the basic heals that any merc can use.

He kept getting wiped because he kept drawing aggro (focused on attacking not healing) and started to whine.

Well I dont know if it was his case, but one thing I find dubious (that actually create those kind of problems) is the fact that automatically , if your advanced class can fill 2 roles, you are queued as DPS/HEAL or DPS/TANK , and by default, will slot you into the support role of the 2 . So you have low levels / new players / inattentive people getting slotted in roles they shouldnt or are not specced to do , which is stupid .

Like my sister, a new player , queued for her first flashpoint ever as a baby level 15 scoundrel dps , got slotted as an healer automatically, and then got yelled at for not healing. In freaking vet Athiss, with kolto stations -_- I mean, even if she wanted to heal, at level 15 you have only the most basic of heals so yeah, not that efficient anyway lol. Thing is, she never wanted to queue again because she really didnt like her experience, unfortunately :/

Can proudly say I can contribute this thread after years of reading lol.

Q for Vet GF as a tank, got a HS pop with me (VG tank), 2 heals (scoundrel and commando) and a dps scoundrel, all full 306 but dps only got basic 306. On that first gold droid patrol I notice “damn why it takes so long to kill this one” and on the mobs which have 2 silver droid near entrance finally realize that the dps only use that basic blaster ability, both healer also notice this and say it on chat that he needs properly use their rotation. Obviously he ignore this or just cant read the gosh darn chat. Anyway, we move on and stuck with this situation until finish. Hell this is my first HS that takes so long to finish, also this run adds 1 more ppl on my ignore list.

Ps. English not my main so apologies for that if i mess up.

Edit; Both heals doesn’t respec but they help with dps-ing, both heal also surpasses that dps’s output lmao.

Edited by Zechalakazam

I don't know if this was a "weird" person, but s/he was certainly the archetype of the clueless Marauder.

This person is the only person I've seen pull the groups in the middle of the circular rooms (the first one, with the tree, and the last one, with the scientists that get zapped) on Czerka Core Meltdown (MM). Apart from those instances, they seemed interested in rushing forward and pulling without the tank (on those rare occasions when the tank wasn't caught up), again a behavior traditionally associated with the Mara.

The Mara was, also as is traditional, not particularly good at playing their own class, and a bit low on sustained dps.

Finally, to hit the trifecta, the Mara exhibited a general lack of knowledge about boss fight mechanics and an unwillingness to ask anybody else; he died twice on the Vigilant because he decided to kill cores in an unusual order (first time) and didn't get out of Spin Attack despite being at fairly low health (second time).

The only missing behavior was jumping off a cliff after a pushed enemy...but there aren't many opportunities for that in Czerka Core Meltdown.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be a weird person of this story.

Returning player here, after years of dps I decided to give tanking a try. Grouped up with a buddy (new player who only ever tanked and now was learning how to dd), and we ran our new shadows for a couple of HS, which went well. Now we are lvl 22, everything seems fine, so we decide to give it a try and queue in GF - we get Athiss, a 75lvl Sage healer and lvl 21 dps I think was a Sent. We log in, I let sage show me directions, I quickly taunt when needed, and trying to be a good tank to the best of my few abilities. We clear the first boss smoothly, and get to the corner of the ruins where you need to go through 2 elites and some trash around. Unfortunately, before the fp I'd just received my group taunt and that was when I decided to use it. I honestly didn't know that I will get the attention of all the mobs around us. Second dps dies and disconnects to never appear again. The healer didn't manage to save my sorry butt and we wipe. Now she becomes extremely annoyed and starts lecturing me on how she got one of the elites on cc and that I shouldn't break the cc when somebody applies it! I apologize a couple of times, explain the situation but she keeps going that if I don't know something then I have to ask for help. Now, condescendence really rubs me the wrong way, but I am trying to respond nicely, compliment her healing skills and we proceed. Our second dps doesn't reappear, the healer initiates the kick, then she demands that I queue us, despite that she's the group leader. When I point it out, she sais that she couldn't queue, but it's fine and we can do it 3-man. Well... Now, my buddy who's new to dps role is asking what the hell is cc to begin with, I explain it to him, the healer marks the cc, I mark the elite I'm focusing on (just to make sure I understand correctly) and..... during the fight my buddy runs away into a group of mobs, breaks the cc of elite and runs it all into healer before I can do anything (my taunt is on cd, and group taunt, as we'd covered, would attract more mobs from nearby). Healer dies horribly. :D Now she's really pissed, leaves to the fleet and from there starts raving on how stupid I am to do the same mistake twice. My buddy tries to explain that it was his fault but she's not having any of it! Her last words before leaving the group were "and having two tanks in a vet mode is a big mistake anyway!". (Why she decided that my friend was in a tank spec, I have no idea.) But after all the toxic speeches, we decided not to make anyone else suffer from our incompetency. :D We pulled out our Quzens on heals and proceeded with both bosses nice and easy, not a single death.

I truly understand that newbies can be an annoyance, but please, don't be like that. Personally, when I accept Vet run with a 20-something-lvl, I do not expect this player really know his class. I do Vet runs as a healer from time to time, not often - because it's a very stressful business. :D But I'd never expect good gaming, gear, class knowledge as a given. The chances are totally random.

Edited by Stasey

• 2 weeks later...

Aight, I can't not talk about this tank.

Random MM FP queue on dps Guardian, get Hammer Station because of course I do.

Our Guardian tank is...interesting. He understands concepts like LoSing and the skips. I guess he's done Hammer Station once or twice. And he is in tank gear, and he's specced tank, because I see his shield go off. But apart from that...yikes.

He doesn't...actually...use moves? He pulls every fight by walking at it until enemies aggro. I mean, it's not like Guardians need Focus or anything to use their abilities. Then, in combat, he uses three moves:

a) his single-target taunt (not on cooldown),

b) his area taunt (also not on cooldown), and

c) his basic attack.

That's it! That's the whole show.

He doesn't even use them all the time. Sometimes, he will walk at an enemy, use a basic attack, and then, like, wait multiple GCDs, with his Jedi doing some block animations but generating precisely zero threat before doing anything else.

Naturally, this means that he holds aggro not at all, except on the last fight. I suspect that he doesn't use target-of-target, can't tell that the first boss was looking at me and not him because it's so big, and can't tell that the Vorgan crew was attacking me and not him because they're relatively small and don't have a giant conal like the last boss. So he probably just spams taunts on the last boss. But on trash, and on every other fight...nope. The most rigorous aggro dumping dps in the galaxy could not help this guy out.

The poor healer spends baaasically the entire flashpoint healing me. I die on the Tunneler when I run out of cooldowns. We never wipe, exactly, because our dps is very high, but the tank is an empty chair, if not worse.

Oh, and the healer gets KBed off the edge at the end of the last boss fight (bringing adds to the boss, which is good when you have a Vigilance Guardian in the group, but goes between the boss and the edge of the platform, which is bad), and naturally, one of the other two chuckleheads loots the boss before the healer gets back. Poor guy has to hoof it to get his items. Ironically, though, they leave the instance before the roll times out, which means that all of the loot rolls go to...me. And the healer dips out before I can ask if he wants anything.

Weird, weird, weird run.

Edited by Euphrosyne

Not through Group Finder but I just had the weirdest grouping event in SWTOR.

I was running my lv56 Juggernaut on Illum. A lv60 Merc asked to group after I finished the False Emperor story FP. I though “well, I can run it again and test my tanking skill” (it’s my first time ever playing a tank and I've never played MMO before) and picked the story FP.

The Merc didn’t talk. Fine. It’s not like I’ve never run a silent FP before.

Well, guess what? He didn't talk. He didn’t follow. He didn’t dps while I tank. Instead, he ran off to the other side of the map to fight random groups of mobs far away from where I AM fighting/tanking (literally 100m away).

Fine. This dude is weird. I told him I have to rush because it's almost 2AM here so don't draw unnecessary mobs.

Silence.

I made it to the crystal mine, fight through the whole thing with only my companion, Quinn, and his god bot as my true allies (he's the group leader so the bot is technically his and follows him).

I tanked the elite droid in the end of the tunnel expecting him to deal with the gold droid (is this the right line of thinking?). But NO, he ran off to the deep end of the tunnel that we absolutely had no reason to go to and somehow got himself surrendered and trapped by every single mobs in that tunnel.

How did I know that? I exited the mine, at this point, didn't expect him to dps (or contribute at all), cleared the first few mobs on the open space, but he’s still not coming.

Of course there’s no response after I asked what’s going on. So I ran back to check what the hell is wrong with him.

Turned out he spent 5 minutes there and still can’t get rid of the trash mobb. He got his companion AND the God Bot but somehow he was trapped. I can do better with a lv10 toon while I was still a noob who knew nothing about MMO.

Of *********** course there's not a word spoken after I cleared the trash mobs in 10 sec (hello I’m a tank who’s about 5 levels lower than he is?)

At this point I was planning to finish the FP on my own because may as well get the exp. However, I can’t switch Quinn from dps to healing because he refused to get the **** out of the tunnel after I saved his sorry ***, told him to follow, and somehow got himself locked into another fight.

I told him to move. Silence. It’s already 2 AM and I finally fed up, told him I can’t do this **** anymore and quit the group.

Guess what? He tried to invite me to group with him TWICE in the Illum base after I quit. Of course I rejected him. I logged out because I don’t have time to see *** is wrong with this guy.

Just got told off for using a toy to regenerate health. That was a new one for me. :t_smile:

If it's one fhe flashy one's that do the strobe-light type effects I can understand that.

Or whichever on it is that makes the whole party dance, I detest any toy that makes my character do things.

Stick to the simple toys that only work on your character and won't potentially blind other party members.