Most devastating ranged class?

Wyrrm

Gunslinger/Sniper, Commando/Merc and Sorc/Sage are the 3 ranged DPS classes.

As for most damage highest crits etc it up in the air due to no damage logs. But logic says that Gunslinger/Sniper should have the highest DPS, due to the other 2 having heals etc.

Edited by Kotli

Merc/Commando will offer you the most AoE bang for your buck, while also giving you insane single target DPS.

Sage/Sorc will offer you a nice amount of damage in both the direct and over time variety. They're weaker AoE-wise, but make up for it with all their utility. This utility can push their survivability above most other classes(all except the tanks).

Gunslinger/Sniper will offer you a great amount of burst damage. However, only one spec for each is really mobile. The others require the use of cover. I'd rank these two as weaker than the ones above.

Another point is to look at is damage types

Majority of sorc/sage attacks will only be mitigated by armor and expertise, some dots bypass armor, but not expertise.

Majority of merc/commando attacks will only be mitigated by armor and expertise. However Commando/merc can reduce enemies armor by 52% with a specific spec. E.g. 40% reduction becomes just under 20% reduction.

Sniper/gunslinger who goes the single target tree has majority of attacks mitigated by defense, armor, shield, expertise. sniper/gunslinger can reduce enemies armor by 20%, e.g. 40% reduction becomes 32% reduction.

Edited by shadowAI

commando cant reduce armor by 52% is only 15% then we need to use a skill the take 1.5sec to chanel and give u 5% more and wait on GC befor u can use it ones a gend no way we get 50% m8 only stack 5 times = 25 + 15 = 40 and befor u get to 40% u ar al redy Death - in pvp - and the skill make 1.7-2k crits max - and dont tink we can spamm the skill like all other tell u we CANT use a lot of ammo so Edited by nexusbob

Wow thanks for the replies everyone! :) Commando sounds interesting. I started leveling a sniper as my first character, and while the damage seems pretty good, sitting in cover kinda sucks. I have heard commandos have trouble in pvp due to mechanics, etc. Any validity to that?