*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

*UPDATE* We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 24th in order to apply Game Update 5.4. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 24 August 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.4

Patch Notes are available here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Uprising: Trail and Error last door before last boss fix?

ROFL, there's still class story progression bugs left in there since......what? Launch. I doubt they'll fix that.

I strongly suspect they only release notes the day before is so they can have the weekend off from people moaning, they've already given us (via "insiders") what class changes are coming anyway.

Couldnt we get the patchnotes earlier?

I mean, a few days before, not literally the day before.

Yeah, would be nice. Question is, how late they bring lastest changes and last miute bug fixes before the patch build, deployment test, etc. And doubtful they're gonna provide details during w-end and unlikely they'll be willing to do that on Friday, so it leaves only Monday - D-1 before the patch

Oh man, waiting till last minute to post the notes? I mean what is this? Are they really making last second changes or what?

Probably stuff like checking for spelling errors and reading the entire patch notes etc!

Or so I would assume.:rak_03:

So..

New Stronghold “Umbara Mobile Base” - Once you’ve uncovered the traitor, expand your command with a new Stronghold, the Umbara Mobile Base! For the first time, personalize your very own moving train and enjoy the sights as the shadow world’s eerie landscape passes by.

I have all 6 strongholds unlocked.... will I be able to "expand your command with a new Stronghold, the Umbara Mobile Base!" without turning off one of my current strongholds?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I apologize for the late notice on this. We are going to delay the launch of Game Update 5.4 by 24 hours. Crisis on Umbara's maintenance will now be on Wednesday, 8/23 at the same time as the originally planned maintenance (5AM - 9AM PDT).

As we do with all updates, we continually test until it goes out the door. From this testing we discovered a critical bug with the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint. This bug can prevent a substantial amount of gameplay when a player experiences it, from not playing the intro cinematic to not allowing re-entry into the instance. Due to the severity of the bug, we are not comfortable releasing the Game Update in its current state.

I will go ahead and updated the messaging in both this thread and the launcher to reflect the new maintenance window. Again, we do apologize for the late notice and thank you for your patience.

-eric

Does anyone know if lockouts get reset after an update? Normally updates are Tuesdays so it doesn't matter, but my group is supposed to do Tos this week and it would suck if we had to do all 4 bosses again Wednesday after clearing them Tuesday...

Hey folks,

I apologize for the late notice on this. We are going to delay the launch of Game Update 5.4 by 24 hours. Crisis on Umbara's maintenance will now be on Wednesday, 8/23 at the same time as the originally planned maintenance (5AM - 9AM PDT).

As we do with all updates, we continually test until it goes out the door. From this testing we discovered a critical bug with the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint. This bug can prevent a substantial amount of gameplay when a player experiences it, from not playing the intro cinematic to not allowing re-entry into the instance. Due to the severity of the bug, we are not comfortable releasing the Game Update in its current state.

I will go ahead and updated the messaging in both this thread and the launcher to reflect the new maintenance window. Again, we do apologize for the late notice and thank you for your patience.

-eric

Does s8 end tomorrow or Wednesday too?

Typical. I was looking forward to getting to play the new flashpoint before going to Gamescom on Wednesday, but you can really rely on Bioware to always let you down. No further comment.

Does anyone know if lockouts get reset after an update? Normally updates are Tuesdays so it doesn't matter, but my group is supposed to do Tos this week and it would suck if we had to do all 4 bosses again Wednesday after clearing them Tuesday...

No, raid lockouts do not reset during maintenance, so you'll be fine.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post

Lockouts will reset as they normally do on Tuesday.

what does this mean for the ranked season? that it ends 1 day later as well?

Correct, the ending of Season 8 matches up with the Game Update. It will end when we deploy the update.

As a separate note on timing, the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will still end tomorrow. That is scheduled ahead of time to end on a specific date/time.

-eric

Typical. I was looking forward to getting to play the new flashpoint before going to Gamescom on Wednesday, but you can really rely on Bioware to always let you down. No further comment...

Riiiight.... because everyone would have been perfectly happy if they'd released it on time with a huge game breaking bug right? :rolleyes:

As much flack as some people give the devs about bugs, seems you should be glad they caught this one before they launched it. I know I am....

Have fun at Gamescom. The (mostly bug free.... because you know there will be bugs lol) FP will be waiting for you when you get back. :D

If it was Bethesda they'd have just told "Dave" the blind and deaf tester (only tester) to keep quiet and have released it anyway

So well done Bioware. You earn yourself one point on my Devs/Publishers to not have eliminated when I rise to power chart.

Fortunately I'm not around Wednesday either so it works out just fine for me. Work must intrude.

Hey folks,

-eric

So one question that needs to be raised is that you guys always seem to find these major bugs at the very last minute and not well before the release date when bugs like this should be tested for and fixed well before you even set the final date because there is no excuse in the end for stuff like this to happen time and time again with major updates.

Riiiight.... because everyone would have been perfectly happy if they'd released it on time with a huge game breaking bug right? :rolleyes:

As much flack as some people give the devs about bugs, seems you should be glad they caught this one before they launched it. I know I am....

Have fun at Gamescom. The (mostly bug free.... because you know there will be bugs lol) FP will be waiting for you when you get back. :D

the problem with your logic is that you think this is acceptable when bugs like this should have been ironed out well before release and should never had made it into the final build.

Hey folks,

-eric

Query: Alright, who didn't have a sufficient enough sacrifice for Lord Ptach?

Contemplative: It must have been that inactive account that was offered. It wasn't good enough.

Exclamatory Command: BRING FORTH A SPAM BOT ACCOUNT!

Addendum: Have a hacker account on stand-by in the chance that the Spam Bot account is still not enough.