Recent influx of WZ bads

DionPhaneuf

Is it just me.. or have you guys noticed that there r a heck of a lot more baddies (especially on the imp side) in WZs over the last couple weeks. Is it the simple fact that a lot of the f2p and new accounts r reaching 50 and havent figured out really how to play their class yet? I mean it's becoming a pandemic of bad players/pvpers getting into every wz I play. A typical WZ in the past might have had 1-2 bads on average, but lately its closer to 3-4 in each group that don't do dmg, dont do objective, dont do anything useful at all.

I know the bads dont frequent the forums..hell i dont frequent the forums often.. so I am not gonna bother calling out specifics or giving advice, just wanted to call attention to this outbreak of contagious badness that seems to be lingering around Prophecy of Five.

-Mez

Edited by DionPhaneuf

Is it just me.. or have you guys noticed that there r a heck of a lot more baddies (especially on the imp side) in WZs over the last couple weeks. Is it the simple fact that a lot of the f2p and new accounts r reaching 50 and havent figured out really how to play their class yet? I mean it's becoming a pandemic of bad players/pvpers getting into every wz I play. A typical WZ in the past might have had 1-2 bads on average, but lately its closer to 3-4 in each group that don't do dmg, dont do objective, dont do anything useful at all.

I know the bads dont frequent the forums so I am not gonna bother calling out specifics or giving advice, just wanted to call attention to this outbreak of contagious badness that seems to be lingering around Prophecy of Five.

-Mez

I can confirm this has been a problem for the past 12 months

lol! This is serious business. I insult your gameplay and you fight back like a 13 yr old girl.

1 i was drunk last night when i wrote that..and i apologize lol

2 the intent of this post was to vent and possibly look for any kind of feedback with regards to this current situation plaguing my gameplay recently.

I must have really been bored to think I would get any kind of subjective feedback from a post like this, as I do now see the irrelevancy of this thread, and will once again simply avoid these terrible forums

Edited by DionPhaneuf

I must say if anything the past few weeks there have been a significantly greater number of Republic players who actually have some clue as to what they are supposed to be doing.

I've been playing Pub more lately. You're welcome. :p

On another note, I think the new wave of F2P hit 50 finally and Imps had more of them. I have seen some terrible players on Imp side lately, but I'm still getting my daily/weekly done, so it's whatever. Pugs be Pugs.

Off topic: I love my White color crystal on my Shadow.

Here's the solution:

#1 less qq more pew pew

#2 if your name is red, you're the ops leader, do something with it

#3 if you consider yourself good or even pro help new guys with the pvp stuff

#4 if you're getting rolled in a regular warzone, take it like a man

#5 more beer, cheers

Here's the solution:

#1 less qq more pew pew

#5 more beer, cheers

Pretty much what he says. I'll just keep healing them, or trying to at least. Peel for myself, and hope for the best while I rock out to whatever channel I have on in Pandora.

Here's the solution:

#1 less qq more pew pew

#5 more beer, cheers

#4 and #5 are the only reasons I have any kind of PVP gear. I have to admit though, it's a lot more fun to PVP on my operative healer than on my assassin or marauder. Something about keeping some poor schlub alive through focus fire while frustrating the smash derpers pleases me.

Healing ™: It works!

Here's the solution:

ops leader means literally nothing, minus the ability to make funny ops announcements showing up in the middle of players' screens. if your team has the mentality that one randomly selected player with a different colored name in chat should be calling the shots, you've already lost.

also, the amount of stupidity and / or the lack of awareness in regs is extremely frustrating sometimes. it doesn't matter how much you type in ops, spam incs and what not, some people just literally do not look at chat. too busy looking for their buttons with their mouse probably.

related - an unbelievable amount of people who think that calling INC 15 seconds after they die solo guarding is sufficient for the team to save them

related - i have seen far too many assassins think they're the **** because they know how to stay in stealth in the other team's endzone, while we keep getting crushed / pushed in mid. it's hilarious when i see them go "**** WHAT ARE YOU DOING, CONTROL MID" and thinking that they're being an essential part of the team.

related - bads who do not unstealth when a pass is directed their way

related - bads who don't have their pass button keybound, and you watch them stand there getting hit by 3 people while they search for it in their spells menu

related - bads who send 6 to node in opening of AH to fight off 1 person, leaving mid uncontested and lost

TLDR; basically, theres nothing one person can do to alleviate the amount of bad brought on by a team. if you're solo queueing, it's basically RNG deciding if you're gonna get shat on because of your terrible teammates.

Pretty much what he says. I'll just keep healing them, or trying to at least. Peel for myself, and hope for the best while I rock out to whatever channel I have on in Pandora.

On second though, Im never healing a pug again. Especially after this morning.

So you hear that republic, im going lightning!!!

Come get your free kills.

If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?

Queue RWZ's. This is where it sounds like you belong, not hanging out with all the bads who are just trying to have fun in regular WZ's.

Me, I'll keep hanging out with them...for the most part, they are fun people to run WZ's with....except when you get that one guy who yells and stomps his feet while calling everyone bads....yes, that same guy sitting at the bottom of the medals list who only got 3 medals. :eek:

Just sayin...

If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?

Queue RWZ's. This is where it sounds like you belong, not hanging out with all the bads who are just trying to have fun in regular WZ's.

Me, I'll keep hanging out with them...for the most part, they are fun people to run WZ's with....except when you get that one guy who yells and stomps his feet while calling everyone bads....yes, that same guy sitting at the bottom of the medals list who only got 3 medals. :eek:

Just sayin...

As soon as Bioware enables 4 man or solo queueing for rateds, I suspect you'll have far less issues like this.

Requiring 4 mans isnt too much to ask...solo queueing, perhaps is.

I also want to note that I agree with the OP. I've seen and played through the new wave of bads myself, as this guy just finished leveling 2 weeks ago. Republics were kicking our tails all over the place most days - in part because they greatly outnumbered us in healers 90% of the time. Still, the sad numbers that came out of these derpers (whether they be warriors or PTs) was just stunning. Having 2 healers to none alone doesn't kill you in some warzones, being a terribad DPSer when that's your job, now THAT will kill warzone success.

Also, I'm still stunned that in 90-95% of my warzones, I'm the one marking the first two healers. I don't understand how so many supposedly skilled players don't understand the idea of finding and then killing soft support targets first.

I'm far from a pro player, but the attention to detail alone that I generally exhibit sadly makes me better then the vast majority out there. This is probably why we're getting slaughtered these days.

Edited by islander