Anthem Players Organize Protest Over Stingy, Disheartening Loot Drops

AscendingSky

Apparently end-game loot in Anthem is not only extremely grindy to get, but its stats are also entirely determined by RNG and often drops end up with the wrong stats for the build you're playing, or for the right build but with worse stats than what you already have despite it being allegedly 'end-game' gear.

(NSFW Warning: Jim Sterling can use naughty language)

A game overseen by Ben "RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!" Irving being super grindy and having randomized loot drops with terrible stat distributions that are worthless to you most of the time? Is anyone surprised by this?

Edited by AscendingSky

Fans of Anthem are organizing a Blackout from 11th to 15th March in protest of Low Loot Drops and Loot Nerfs[1]

Protest to revert Loot drop changes. Bring back the Bug and let us taste the Lootshower. Stop Playing From 03/11/2019-03/15/2019 or 11/03/2019-15/03/2019 for us Europeans. to make a Point. Show them what we think by sheer player numbers alone![2]

I was debating making my own topic on anthem. this protest was was called a "blackout,' was in effect from March 11th through March 15. During the player blackout, I was going to recommend giving Division 2 a try, since that game launches March 15 and the 11th was the early access period for people who purchased the Gold, Ultimate or Phoenix edition of Division 2. It would make your protest a go by a lot easier having a good looter shooter to test out.

To me, Division 2, is a looter shooter that gets things right, players could give Bioware more accurate feedback on what you want to see out of Destiny, I mean, Anthem with more of those games under your belt.

The second point of making my thread on Division 2 while the anthem player blackout was in effect, is to announce that AFTER march 15th, Division 2 will no longer be sold on 3rd party key distributors. The only two places to buy a legitimate game key for Division 2 is directly from Ubisoft via the Uplay store or through the exclusivity partner, Epic Games Store, that cut out all of the following digital key distribution partners with their exclusivity deal.

The Division 2 to not be sold on any 3rd party sites after March 15th, following Epic's deal with Ubisoft

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-uplay--3777-1

According to Gamesplanet:

Notice

Hey Community!

Sadly we have to announce you that Ubisoft will not allow digital third party stores, such as Gamesplanet, to sell Division 2 after its release on March 15th 2019. After this date, the game will digitally only be available through Ubisoft's Store and another exclusive digital store. This will also be true for all upcoming game content such as Season Pass, Extensions, etc.

Take the opportunity to buy at Gamesplanet until March 15th 2019 and make use of the paysafecard promotion as this will be available until the game will be pulled from our stores.

We won't be able to solve some support requests (e.g. key activated on the wrong Ubisoft account) after March 15th, as we won't have any more keys to exchange/swap. Please address your support requests to Ubisoft directly for such cases.

Worry not, all purchases that have been completed on Gamesplanet will be honoured. This is also true for gifts, no matter if these have been picked up or not.

Obviously, we are not happy about this decision.

The Gamesplanet Team

Hurray for competition I guess ?

List of approved digital distributors of Ubisoft games before Epic deal: ( Prior to March 15th)

1. 2game

2. 4Game

3. Accenji

4. Amazon

5. Argoplay

6. Buka

7. CDON Group

8. DLGamer

9. Digiruptor

10. Diwaxx

11. DNS

12. Dreamgame

13. EA Origin

14. Eldorado

15. Elkjøp AS

16. Enaza

17. Epic

18. Esetnod

19. Fanatical

20. Fnac

21. Gama-Gama

22. GAME (Spain)

23. GAME (UK)

24. Gabestore

25. Gamecdkey

26. Gamepark

27. Gameray

28. Gamersgate

29. Games.mail

30. Gamesgrid

31. Gameshock

32. Gamesplanet

33. Gamesrocket

34. Gamestop (Europe)

35. Gametreemac

36. Good Old Games

37. Gram.pl

38. Green Man Gaming

39. GzStore

40. H2 Interactive / Direct Games

41. Humble Bundle

42. Igromagaz

43. InPlay Interactive

44. Indiegala

45. 1c

46. 1c-Interes

47. Jetgamer

48. JustDan

49. Komplett Group

50. Lauro

51. MacGame Store

52. MOL

53. Meloman

54. Medion

55. Muve

56. Nexway BtoC

57. Okno

58. Oneup

59. Orange

60. Ozon

61. Play Day

62. PlayGames

63. Playkey

64. Playro

65. Playstore

66. PlayTurk

67. Razer

68. Roxen

69. Savemi

70. SFR

71. Sila Software S.L

72. Softclub

73. Softkey

74. Softvill

75. SOM Corporation

76. Soyuz

77. SpotSale

78. StartSelect

79. Steam

80. StraStar

81. Supermarketigr

82. TKM Baltics

83. Total keys

84. True Digital

85. Turbodom

86. Ubisoft Store

87. Ventes Privée

88. Voidu

Possible list after Epic deal: (After March 15th)

• Epic

• Ubisoft Store

I am sure cutting all this stores will lead to lower prices for consumers. /s

A lack of choice is good for the consumer. /s

B-b-b-but Steam has a m-m-monopoly!!!

i came here with "so what? i don't care." attitude but this list is an eye opener.

---

On March 9th, I read a headline that Epic Games Store made the exclusivity deal that would go into effect after March 15th and and I have never proceeded to checkout faster for a game in my life. https://i.imgur.com/Ovupvge.png

if Bioware is reading this, it would be nice if you could restock the 180-day prepaid subscription game codes on amazon. It has perpetually been listed "currently unavailable" aka sold out. www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Prepaid-Subscription/dp/B015OVILWS/ each and every time I looked since 2017.

Knocking out a bunch of birds with the same stone. I cut down three posts into one.

--

the inventors of the modern looter shooter genre, gearbox software, makers of Borderlands series have teased an announcement with their officer twitter account. twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1105543983516639232

March 28th, probably announcing Borderlands 3.

Edited by Falensawino