How do you headcannon a BH or Smuggler into KOTFEET?

DeVanagloris

I'm having a serious problem with this. I can get around headcannoning all the other 6 classes because they are either force users or non-force users who are top military ranks, used to giving orders and leading armies.

But please, the BH and Smuggler, ffs? What am i supposed to do in these cases? A relentless, heartless man/woman for hire who only seeks credits and fame in the underworld gets to be the Alliance Commander. A scumbaggy, crate-smuggling and mischievous trickster who also seeks only credits and makes snarky comments also gets to be the Alliance Commander. Yeah, sure.

These two type of characters would probably run the opposite direction of the type of conflict happening in KOTFEET. Or, at the very least, they would probably never consider becoming the leader of a third faction, and placing the biggest spotlight in the galaxy on themselves.

The problem with this is, i just cant play BH or Smuggler bc i know once i reach KOTFEET it'll look silly. Therefore 2 classes in this game are simply dead to me. And also, you cant just skip KOTFEET bc many of the events in the story bits after that are directly tied to it.

If you encountered this problem, tell me how you found a workaround pls.

I'm having a serious problem with this. I can get around headcannoning all the other 6 classes because they are either force users or non-force users who are top military ranks, used to giving orders and leading armies.

But please, the BH and Smuggler, ffs? What am i supposed to do in these cases? A relentless, heartless man/woman for hire who only seeks credits and fame in the underworld gets to be the Alliance Commander. A scumbaggy, crate-smuggling and mischievous trickster who also seeks only credits and makes snarky comments also gets to be the Alliance Commander. Yeah, sure.

These two type of characters would probably run the opposite direction of the type of conflict happening in KOTFEET. Or, at the very least, they would probably never consider becoming the leader of a third faction, and placing the biggest spotlight in the galaxy on themselves.

The problem with this is, i just cant play BH or Smuggler bc i know once i reach KOTFEET it'll look silly. Therefore 2 classes in this game are simply dead to me. And also, you cant just skip KOTFEET bc many of the events in the story bits after that are directly tied to it.

I have no answer for the BH otherwise than I just got through it, because it's my favourite class. In the case of my smuggler, the only thing that helped me was a comment I read on this forum, to the effect that they just kind of viewed the whole thing as a comedy. I can see why; the smuggler has some great lines in those expansions that had me laughing out loud more than once (not that I can remember them now, but still). My smuggler always struck me as perpetually amazed to be there and that was how I went with it. Not sure I would do it again, though.

Well, I feel like the BH can fit better than the Smuggler in this regard, if you chose to become a Mandalorian. During the class story, you get at least three chances to tell people you’re going to take Mandalore’s job someday, and lead the Mandalorians on a big conquest, like in the good old days. Because of this, if you’re a Mandalorian who doesn’t just care for credits, the BH character, either dark or light, definitely has the chops to lead the Alliance. I’m almost certain the BH character was meant to become Mandalore if BioWare had continued the class stories.

As for the Smuggler, yeah, this one is pretty tough, but there’s always revenge. Your character can get pretty vicious and sadistic in some of the conversation choices in his/her class story (sort of psychopath-y). If there’s anything I’m learning from playing dark side Smuggler is that you shouldn’t steal from him, else you get a blaster bolt in the head, or your life scammed to hell. At the end of this story, you can become the leader of a criminal empire because you’re pretty charismatic, clever, and effective—I bet someone that managed that can definitely use the Alliance, and Valkorion’s power, to wreak havoc on his enemies. Now, for light side Smuggler, again, revenge, or you could just be a patriot that doesn’t want to see the Republic destroyed so you reluctantly step into the position when Lana says you’re their only hope.

Edited by Joluka

The other way to look at a Smuggler is dependent on how you ended the class story. If you pick the "support the Republic" // continuation-of-Republic-privateer option, then you can regard the whole thing from Forged Alliances onwards (not just KotFE+) as an extension of that.(1) For the other options, I'm less sure, of course.

(1) Spoiler:

Answering Darth Marr's call at the beginning of KotFE is a bit strange, of course, but that's true of all the Republic classes.

Personally, I consider all of my characters to be in the same universe, so only one of them canonically becomes the Outlander and Alliance Commander. For my playthroughs of KOTFE and KOTET with other characters, I just consider it to be non-canon. More like they're sometimes "involved in the conflict" or even part of the Alliance itself, but not the actual Commander.

Having a single storyline for these last 2 expansions had its benefits, but I'm glad we're going back to the dual Empire and Republic versions. It might be a good idea to shake it up every once in a while, like trying non-Force-user and Force-user versions, or maybe even go back to individual class storylines, having 2 per an expansion, and over the course of 4 years(1 expansion per year), all 8 classes would get their turn in the spotlight.

I have no answer for the BH otherwise than I just got through it, because it's my favourite class. In the case of my smuggler, the only thing that helped me was a comment I read on this forum, to the effect that they just kind of viewed the whole thing as a comedy. I can see why; the smuggler has some great lines in those expansions that had me laughing out loud more than once (not that I can remember them now, but still). My smuggler always struck me as perpetually amazed to be there and that was how I went with it. Not sure I would do it again, though.

This is how I view it. I only did it with my one Bounty Hunter because I love the character and want to do the whole story with her, so I just smashed through KOTxx for the companion alerts and to get through to the other side. But I've deleted three other bounty hunters at either Ilum or Ziost because I didn't like them THAT much to do it all again.

The smuggler playthrough ended up being one of my favorites of all of them because it's cathartic to see my character reacting the way I would to the whole situation, poking holes at the craziness of the situation with maximum snark and sarcasm. There are a couple of grit your teeth and bear it moments like whenever you have to make a speech to the alliance or the galaxy and it's either sappy idealism or idiotic ruthlessness (idiotic from the standpoint that almost no one would bother following such a person) with no third option, but a lot of really great lines come from the smuggler throughout the whole thing.

People are free to disagree, but personally, I think only a force wielder makes sense in that story.

Vitiate: I've followed your progress. You're like me.

Smuggler: Well if you knew how little progress I got with that twi'lek on Nar Shadaa, we wouldn't be standing here.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Not sure why you have this issue OP. Han Solo was just a smuggler who became a General. BH is the head of the Mandalorians, So a leader of sort. However why your Jedi Knight and not one of the hundreds of others around at that point in time? same for any of the classes. The commando was the leader of Havoc Squad but not for the last 5 years before Lana got you out? For KotFE it's was about the individual character success and accomplishments. So in-fact all 8 classes had those during the pervious chapters.

If that does not do it for you then, just don't think about it or don't play them.

I'm having a serious problem with this. .

Personally I don't RP any of that stuff. I just play the game. :)

But if I had to, I'd say that my Smugglers were just good intelligent people who started out trying to make a living by smuggling non-dangerous items past import tariffs or local vested interests. Like when people smuggled Haggis from Canada to the USA because of US restrictions on the importation of products containing lung tissue - not legal, but not evil-criminal either. In other words, relatively harmless goods - not addictive drugs, or weapons, etc.

As my Smugglers acquired fame and fortune, they took up a more responsible role in helping the Republic, and then the Alliance, to "save the Galaxy". No biggie. They are no longer really smugglers in that sense. (They are now just people who used to smuggle.)

I also have a BH, but I basically never play it. But, if I had to, I could probably RP something similar.

And to me, this makes more sense than having some DS pure-bred Sith suddenly becoming all goody-goody. :D

Edited by JediQuaker

The way I headcannoned it...

With my bounty hunter he snuggled up with Oggurobb and his underground contacts behind the scenes and we were creating a mercenary army to ensure that when it was over we could be the new Novablades/Black Sun.

With my smuggler, I snuggled up to Hylo Visz behind the scenes and we used the conflict to build the largest smuggling ring in the galaxy.

I just consider it fiction/non-canon for my characters and get through it. Neither my bounty hunters nor my smugglers are charismatic enough, or even interested, in running something like the Alliance. Physically, if they weren't wrapped in plot armor I don't think they would have been able to win against anyone in Valkorion's family.

I don't think the story works well for non-Force users overall, although I think the IA and trooper would be valid candidates to run the Alliance based on their class story expertise.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It's not that hard if you accept two truths (that require headcannon because parts of the KOTFEET story, e.g. chapter 14 contradict).

1. Your smuggler could be pulling off the biggest con/haul of their lives. View every word choice you pick as a total lie spoken just to con the person you're talking to. You tell them exactly what they want to hear, nothing more.

Does stopping Arcann really matter to a gunslinger? Depends on whether they were a happy privateer for the republic or not. If credits are all that matters to your particular individual, then imagine the possibilities of becoming the leader of an organization with tons of credits at your disposal. Who says you're not skimming off the top? Take of the wealth of an entire Zakuulan empire where the troops have golden uniforms? Yes, please.

2. Your character probably has an innate connection to the force (in the case of smugglers) that has been undiscovered/untapped for a long time. Your reflexes are amazing, but you don't know why and you don't care.

3. Bad guys love the thrill of a good fight. This is more specific to Mandalorians.

Do you care about saving the galaxy? Nope. You care about one of two things: revenge for fellow clanmates killed by the Eternal Throne, or taking down the biggest threat (which would give you the greatest amount of glory imaginable) possible. The Alliance are either friends you protect or pawns you use to advance your objective.

Lots of things don't make sense. First off Jedi Knight having already once banished the Emperor from his/her mind should be immune to the Emperor's manipulations.

The Sith Inquisotor should also be immune after all they went through to be able to control force ghosts.

My favorite scene in the entire game is when the Bounty Hunter waves his hand at the Jedi who tries to use the Jedi mind trick nd says :"You will recognize how much of a fool your are". That person wouldn't put up with all of the Force talk for a second. Would certainty not follow a deposed Jedi Master and a dead Sith around while they prattle on about the Force having a willl. Only a person has a will. Claiming the Force has a will is like claiming lighting chooses where to strike.

And my dark side Bounty Hunter wouldn't accept that cowardly female as Mandolore. He'd have killed her, Taken over and led them against the remains of the Republic. no giving a darn about Zakuul.

Edited by RameiArashi

history is littered with commanders that were nobodies who rose to power because they were in the wrong place, at the right time.

Leading does not require specialized tactical knowledge, or superior fighting skills... it requires adaptability, and enough insight to recognize what you need in the big picture, and where to get it or who can make it happen, as well as backing of authority.... that last one is provided by Lana and Theron, but the rest should come naturally enough to any of the character classes based on their stories.... including the Bounty Hunter, and the Smuggler.

One scene that stroked me when I played KOTFE with my smuggler was the moment when

the Force users Lana and Senya are epically lifting the ship out of the ground, and during that time my smuggler just strugged, turned around and stood guard.

As opposed as when you play a Force User character and help the epic force lifting instead XD

And what about that magic Blaster you make in Odessen lol.

Boasting and trolling the all powerful Force Users, smirking at them, shoot them / kick them in the nuts is satisfying :p . Smugglers also have a lot of awesome lines, as usual :)

The funniest lines I catched:

In Ziost:

-Master Surro :(possessed by the Emperor):

"This one's my favorite so far. Even now she struggles. You know, she's done terrible things in the Republic's name."

-Smuggler: (flirt) "So...you, me ... Take over the galaxy together, have some laughs...? Come on, what do you think?

-Master Surro: (stares)

-Smuggler: "Not your type, huh?"

-------------------------

(trying to find the lady of Sorrow, asking Mona Gale for info) :

-Mona Gale: "If I knew where to find my most lucrative,reclusive and dangerous meal ticket, I wouldn't give that up up for one Knight and ... whatever you're supposed to be."

-Smuggler: "I am shocked and offended, really ! "

-Mona Gale, (to Kam Wendan, customer): You have any idea?

-Kam Wendan :( looking the smuggler up and down): "Maybe a stage performer?"

--------------------------

-Knights of Zakuul : "Surrender!"

-Lana: "Knights of Zakuul , A policing body under Vaylin's charge. Force Sensitives."

-Smuggler: "I demand your immediate surrender for dressing like ... whatever that getup is ! "

(The knights look at each other for a moment)

-Knights: "We are serious ! Surrender Now!"

------------------------

Senya: "Right on time. My friends have been looking forward for this."

Smuggler: (looking around) "I dont see anyone . Are they invisible, or very small ?"

------------------------

Theron : (on holocom) "You okay over there?"

Smuggler: [Lie, and poorly act as if dying] "I think...my time's finally come ...."

Theron : (shake his head) " Wow. Good thing you're no stage performer. "

Scorpio: "Odd time for an attempt at levity"

------------------------

(Lana and Senya are stucked behind a closed door)

Smuggler : "Last I checked, more than one of you had lightsabers, start cutting ! "

(Lana and Senya just look at each other and say nothing)

------------------------

Gemini Captain: "You survived my initial assault. But there's nowhere my Skytroopers cannot find and extinguish you."

Smuggler (to Scorpio) : "This is what it's like to listen to you, in case you were wondering."

(Scorpio approves :p)

Scorpio: "I almost feel like I should apologize. "

------------------------

XD

Edited by jambalayabungee

------------------------

Senya: "Right on time. My friends have been looking forward for this."

Smuggler: (looking around) "I dont see anyone . Are they invisible, or very small ?"

------------------------

Gemini Captain: "You survived my initial assault. But there's nowhere my Skytroopers cannot find and extinguish you."

Smuggler (to Scorpio) : "This is what it's like to listen to you, in case you were wondering."

(Scorpio approves :p)

Scorpio: "I almost feel like I should apologize. "

------------------------

These 2 aren't actually unique to the smuggler, though the VAs do seem to pull it off better than any of the others (lots of practice i guess)

I usually play a neutral/dark smuggler who formed a criminal empire, expanding into proper empire just seems like the most logical next step :)

Pretty much never play BH so got nothing there.

Those two have a simple answer to headcanon. They fight unconventionally and a lot of tricks to use against very powerful force users. You ever watched the clone wars and see Cad Bane fight Kenobi and Voss and how he managed to outsmart the jedi in their own temple and that spacestation after being being mind tricked by several Jedi? Cad fights unconventionally which puts the Jedi at a disadvantage in any typical fight. Even a great smuggler employing his own bag of tricks could outsmart the best force user.

expand your creativity a bit, i'm certain you'll find a good story to headcanon your characters into, even if it doesn't make too much sense at first.

Thanks for all the answers, some of them are really good when it comes to headcannoning the BH, even though i'm really not convinced about the Smuggler. I'll give some of the suggestions a go, and if i find it impossible to do then i guess that's the end for me regarding Bhs and Smugglers.

My take for my Merc was he was more seen as an inspirational leader, a reputation as an elite fighter, witha few tricks up his sleeve, while the force focus of the story line can be tough at times, thats the way i tried to explain it

Honestly, it was very easy for my smuggler.

He was in his mid 40s when his ship got stolen on Ord Mantell. All he wanted was getting it back. During that quest, one thing after the other happened and he simply went with the flow, without thinking too much about it. There wasn't really much free time anyway. As soon as he fixed one thing, the next happened.

Eventually he realised that he seems to climb up some galactic ladder and the things he was asked to fix got more complicated and more important. He just continued doing what needed to be done. And why not? Someone had to do it. Might as well be him. He finds solutions. That's what he does. There is a reason why they call him "Fixer".

If you count the 5 years in carbonite, he is now in his 50s. He has seen it all. Nothing surprises him anymore. The boss of the Jedi and a Sith ghost showing him some mysterious ways of the Force? Odd. Fighting Valkorian in his own mind? Odd. But why not. After all, that one meal in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa was odd, too. And he ate it nonetheless. What's the difference? The galaxy is a crazy place.

BH on the other hand is the only class I haven't brought to Zakuul yet. I guess headcannon would be that it starts as just another paid job and from there, it's all about getting out and paid.

People are free to disagree, but personally, I think only a force wielder makes sense in that story.

Vitiate: I've followed your progress. You're like me.

Smuggler: Well if you knew how little progress I got with that twi'lek on Nar Shadaa, we wouldn't be standing here.

Yeah they really screwed with the overall story with non force users. It didn't even make sense. Even if you take into consideration that Valkorian transferred some of his power to you, it is completely blown also when you meet with Satele later in the story, that whole chapter should have been revised to something different. That way it would at least make a little sense, and it would not be as much work to rewrite and produce the whole story. Maybe me a wounded Mandalore or something.

KoTFE and KoTET were written for mostly force users. That is my opinion.