Legacy Marriage vs Companion Marriage

Adyon

First off, I should ask if anyone knows if setting two of your characters to "spouse" effects them. That is to say, if I set two of my toons up to be married, would they still be allowed to pursue a companion and marry them as well? I was just curious if the game lets you or not, but I was afraid to try it myself. :D

Or vice-versa for anyone who has completed both companion marriages, will the Legacy system not allow them to list as "Spouse" if we chose to pursue a character romance with our companion?

And last, I wanted to see what everyone planned to do. Do you have characters you plan to make family through legacy or do you plan to stick to their companions?

--

For me, I made it extra complicated, because I based a couple of my in-game characters off something I had created previous to the game, and those characters are based kinda directly off my wife and I. But my wife, the same as I, whole-heartily embraced having that character having a relationship with their companion, so we weren't thinking that thoroughly ahead of time while leveling her. ;) We don't personally think we'd split the two up from their companions, but I'm just curious what other people's thought are for their own plans regarding this issue.

Edited by Adyon

Married Vette on my Marauder, had no issue setting that char as Spouse to another char, and no complaints from Vette. The Family Tree thing really has no interaction with anything else in the game, its an entirely optional feature that only the player in control of it will ever see.

Married Vette on my Marauder, had no issue setting that char as Spouse to another char, and no complaints from Vette. The Family Tree thing really has no interaction with anything else in the game, its an entirely optional feature that only the player in control of it will ever see.

Supports my idea that we should consider our class story and our actual rp story as alternate realites in the same setting with the same characters.

Let your class story and conversations be one fiction, and the rpc you have and his legacy family/allies/rivals be another fiction.

Well, you could always be married more than once. You could say that one of your characters has passed away, and your character remarries his/her companion. Or, your characters could be divorced. If you got creative there are plenty of ways your two characters' marriage could have ended, leaving them free to marry a companion.

I'm not sure if i'm going to do legacy marriages, I may make most of my fellas related or rivals by blood. I am interesting to see how people handle alt marriages in an RP sense.

I love how creative people are here!

However I do have one of my mains in a non canon (for now) relationship with a companion. What I mean is that I don't have the actual option to romance him yet, but I'm developing in my mind that they are quite an item. That being said I've devised my own way around the 'we all have the same companions' thing for RP.

I don't mention my companions name, just that he is a member of my crew. Seems to work ok. The whole companion thing is a neat twist, but brings a very unique twist to RP.

I also hope we can put our companions in the legacy, someday.

Ack! Sorry! I tend to ramble on. :jawa_redface:

Edited by JediElf