An Update on The Furious Title

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I wanted to tell you about a change coming to one of your titles, the Furious. As many of you pointed out, this title already existed in game prior to the end of Season 3 rewards. We really apologize for this happening, it was an unfortunate oversight on our part that it got through and we want to correct that oversight. As of 3.0.2 anyone who currently has The Furious from Season 3 will have it replaced by Fairly Furious. If you still want to have The Furious title, you can just jump on over to Makeb and defeat the Golden fury to earn it.

Now, one thing we also know with Season 3, is that some of you weren't the biggest fans of the titles. We are always looking to improve our PvP rewards, and titles are no different. So although we are only changing The Furious title, we know you would like to see improved titles in the future. Please continue to make suggestions around titles and rewards you would like to see for future seasons.

TLDR - We are changing The Furious title reward from Season 3 to Fairly Furious since it previously existed in-game. Thanks everyone.

-eric

I actually quite like that... Definitely be using it on the toons that got that.

To be honest I liked the bottom tier title and now the mid tier, just not the other two. Better than S-1 All star etc, I just think famously/fantastically weren't as amusing or epic as "Just a little furious" which I think was everyone's favorite.

Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like the words "Fairly Furious." Save for maybe the term "Slightly scary" or "I'm just a little upset."

I thought the humor behind it was the point.

Honestly if I could drop my rating and get Just a Little furious on my Sorc I probably would have, because that title makes me laugh.

Hey folks!

I wanted to tell you about a change coming to one of your titles, the Furious. As many of you pointed out, this title already existed in game prior to the end of Season 3 rewards. We really apologize for this happening, it was an unfortunate oversight on our part that it got through and we want to correct that oversight. As of 3.0.2 anyone who currently has The Furious from Season 3 will have it replaced by Fairly Furious. If you still want to have The Furious title, you can just jump on over to Makeb and defeat the Golden fury to earn it.

Now, one thing we also know with Season 3, is that some of you weren't the biggest fans of the titles. We are always looking to improve our PvP rewards, and titles are no different. So although we are only changing The Furious title, we know you would like to see improved titles in the future. Please continue to make suggestions around titles and rewards you would like to see for future seasons.

TLDR - We are changing The Furious title reward from Season 3 to Fairly Furious since it previously existed in-game. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Fairly furious? That makes no sense....

Hey folks!

-eric

Thank you for the response, and for addressing one of the issues in regard to the season 3 pvp titles.

Edited by Nekrall

Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like the words "Fairly Furious." Save for maybe the term "Slightly scary" or "I'm just a little upset." Next season; it can be the "I am a tiny bit mad, bro!"

It's BW's way of subtly admitting that they know the ranked ratings are jokes. You won't see them give out meaningful rewards until they get metrics showing that the ratings reflect actual skill/hard work. They just don't have the population for the ELO to work as designed or to prevent significant win trading.

I'm sorry but what the hell?!

Why not just replace them all into Fabulous series title and rub that into everyone's face instead? "Just a little Fabulous", "Fairly Fabulous", "Fantastically Fabulous"?! I am not trying to be offensive (seriously, non intended), but even those three already sound better and more in context than just a little Furious, Fairly Furious, or even Fantastically Furious bullcrap!

I didn't get the title The Furious from beating Golden Fury, but do understand the issues being brought up for it being a repeat title award. However except for the silver rank title award both bronze and even gold rank title seemed lame and thus I was happy with the silver rank title award from season 3. Now you guys are making the only title that made sense into another lame *** title. How about just fix all three titles with using other words? Isn't word Fury a noun form of Furious and couldn't be worked into titles? How about fixing all three titles (bronze, silver, gold) into:

Bronze - *Name* the Proponent of Fury

Silver - *Name* the Harbinger of Fury

Gold - *Name* the Furious Berserker

I know you guys have been busy with expansion and all that... but seriously!!!! you guys can do much better! please fix those titles so they can actually be worn within the game without being laughed at! Do you know how many times i giggle like a little girl whenever I see "Just a little Furious" title? and who the hell is "Fantastically Furious"?

Edited by Preventer_Wind

When will you address win traders???

I remember Eric Musco addressing this on the one of the SWTOR streams awhile ago. According to his own words, they (Bioware) had means to track people doing this and would "roll back" their (offending player's) rating at the end of the season, where offending players would get no rewards.

What. Happened.

Edited by undiess