Swtor killed star wars

Algaram

Rubbish.

TOR expanded the Star Wars universe giving it more life, unlike what George almost did in episodes 1-3.

Game mechanics don't count because I can't see how that could "kill Star Wars".

The only thing hurting Star Wars, and any other game, are the whingers who always want more and the Dev's who change things to 'try' and make them happy (the small minority are always the most vocal).

Go back to WoW.

Viva SWTOR.

Swtor did not kill my Star Wars, the only thing I lack in this otherwise great game is more playable species.

The Cathar does not really end up on my top ten want to play Star Wars playable species not by a long shot.

But my guess is that lots of people really like to morph into their favourite pets to be found in any game today, be it Canis or Felis catus or why not carnivorous reptiles.

I have played this game and tried out its many futures, and I have to say, I am positively surprised.

Played games since the good old Atari days, and well, if one look back to what has been, and what is today, there is not really anything to complain about, except for perhaps the confusing Star Wars comics vs Star Wars original Saga, and all the pocket versions of this galaxy that indeed can make your experience confusing.

If you then are extremely one way ticket and this is how the world DOES work not like THIS then you are in real trouble playing this game.

I have found lots of interesting things, the only thing that I would like to see is more of is more playable species, that was why I didn't buy this game upon it's release, and may be why I wont prolong my subscription in the future. I have noticed that a few species this far can talk both Basic and alien. Star Wars has always for me been diversity, I like to see more of that to keep my interest up.

:rod_angel_g:

Personally, I don't see how this killed Star Wars for you. As previously posted, it was in a completely different era than the movies you are probably used to.

Secondly, this game is falling right in line canonically with the storyline of the entire story, gives some closure to open ends in other canonically correct games and continues on with some great story lines for the individual - something not seen in an MMO.

Post-ROTJ and authors like Traviss, Denning and DK have killed a lot of the wonder in Star Wars for me, it was much deeper before we had Gary Sue after Gary Sue after Gary Sue with all of them now basically dominating in times where they either don't belong or don't deserve such over-ratedness, Star Wars is quickly becoming dominated by this superhero/DBZ style of power levels and they always miss the point of Star Wars in trying to make these beast-mode two-dimensional characters.. Edited by Rayla_Felana

George Lucas killed Star Wars with the Prequels and his revisions of the OT. Aiding and abetting him were all the "Yes Men and Women" who didn't say "WAIT! What are you doing???" and just let him run on and on and on and on with his garbage.

*sits back behind a flameproof shield with a bucket of popcorn and waits*

this game has killed the star wars saga for me

sad but true

It should not in any way. The things in this game that is canon, true to the star wars universe

is the mayor NPC characters and the novels sorounding the game.The rest of the game is just movie mecanics.

If you can live with that you will do fine.

Post-ROTJ and authors like Traviss, Denning and DK have killed a lot of the wonder in Star Wars for me, it was much deeper before we had Gary Sue after Gary Sue after Gary Sue with all of them now basically dominating in times where they either don't belong or don't deserve such over-ratedness, Star Wars is quickly becoming dominated by this superhero/DBZ style of power levels and they always miss the point of Star Wars in trying to make these beast-mode two-dimensional characters..

In my opinion this whole DBZ level mess could be avoided if they spread the villians throughout different eras instead of having Luke and Co always deal with them. I mean my lord how many different threats can there be in such a short time period and why would the same heroes need to be the ones to deal with them?

Edited by Tuscad

In my opinion this whole DBZ level mess could be avoided if they spread the villians throughout different eras instead of having Luke and Co always deal with them. I mean my lord how many different threats can there be in such a short time period and why would the same heroes need to be the ones to deal with them?

The whole DBZ thing was started with Reborn palpatine. When Lucas said that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith ever, they made Reborn Palps super awesome with all of those destructive powers. The Lucas said Luke was like waaay more powerful than that so there you go.

Think of it as special unicorn mayonnaise. Acquired only by polishing its magic horn. :D

Can I have some of your special unicorn mayonnaise, mister unicorn? I can't eat polish without mayonnaise. :D

Edited by Tuscad

I'm just going to leave it there. Expanding on these posts could cause an infraction.

Lol, that is true. If they did infract then they wouldn't get the reference, I have heard it before but don't remember exactly where it is from.