I dislike Healers :(

Kazakuhn

Me and my friend are both level 29.

We're also both Sith Inquisitors.

I rolled Assassin and went into the Deception part of my skill tree.

He rolled Sorcerer and went into Corruption.

Note: Companions not used for either of us.

We did a few duels, and he won each time.

It seems as though he can just easily heal through everything I throw at him... and for what feels like an eternity. He would just dot me up, run around, heal, shield, etc.

Now I generally do Thrash, Thrash, Shock as the normal rotation since this is the most dps/force efficient method. However I do throw out the occasional Maul when it pops up.

I also kept him slowed at all times with Force Slow(roughly every 12 or 13 seconds I used it)

No matter how low i get him he just somehow survives before I can get a last/next hit and heals. It feels as though he dots me, and there just isn't enough dps that can come from a player that's enough to truly finish a healer off.

Also Note: We both had fairly up to date gear; all consisting of orange or purple all with blue mods or better recently bought from vendors on the imperial fleet.

What I'm wondering:

1. Do companions with both of us make a huge difference in this testing?(even though they aren't generally in warzones)

2. Does this feeling of being overpowered ever change between my current level to higher levels?

3. Does anyone else feel the same?

4. Are Sorc Healers just seriously OP or am I just witnessing something that will change later in the upper 40s to 50?

5. As an assassin would it be wise and/or effective to go completely into Darkness spec primarily for defensive/healing bonuses and to roll around with standard willpower/surge/accuracy gear(same equipment I'm using with Deception)?

6. Am I perhaps playing my assassin incorrectly as far as how to approach a more defensive role in pvp?

7. Advice as far as a synergy in pvp and/or pve?

(I do however understand it's hard to tell what synergy works considering there is no recount/dps to help grasp it all)

Thank you for your time reading this :)!!

1. Yes. Usually in favor of sorc.

2. If you are sorc? Well... nope if you play well and have good hybrid build.

3. and 4. No. Not at all. Its also a coincidence that 80% of all empire characters are sorcerers and warzones with 5-6+ sorcs are nothing uncommon or weird.

5. Well, depends on what role you want to do-tanking(protection and CC) or nuking. You can't have both.

6. Can't say, assasin who gets a jump on sorc should be able to put enough pressure to kill him with well timed stun.

7. Tank and healer synergy>everything else here.

I dunno that it's really a fair fight if you start out aware of each other's presence from range. For one, his abilities have a much larger range than yours. Two, you're not using stealth and surprise, which is one of a sin's main advantages over their opponents - being able to choose when and where to strike, and start a fight with an advantage. Three, he can heal, and you can't. Unless you interrupt everything and he's terrible at managing his focus, it's a battle of attrition that you will lose.

I dunno that it's really a fair fight if you start out aware of each other's presence from range. For one, his abilities have a much larger range than yours. Two, you're not using stealth and surprise, which is one of a sin's main advantages over their opponents - being able to choose when and where to strike, and start a fight with an advantage. Three, he can heal, and you can't. Unless you interrupt everything and he's terrible at managing his focus, it's a battle of attrition that you will lose.

There is no surprise with Assassins.

No devestating starters really. Maul and Thrash are about the same damage honestly. As long as we come out of stealth(forced out or by our own intentions) and get our bonuses that's the only 6 second advantage.(increased force regen by 50% for 6 sec)

However;

I do realize that if we started out less aware of eachothers presence AND with companions, I would have an upper hand. I could mind trap his companion for an entire Minute and he couldn't do anything about it. Then it would be like fighting two of me almost... I just realized this unfortunately. Sounds correct in plausible theory though right?

Okay. So this is mostly about my interrupts then... which is impossible to interrupt everything but... I did it as often as possible.

I could mind trap his companion for an entire Minute and he couldn't do anything about it.

Sorcerors get's "Force Purge", which will remove mind trap from his companion.. indeed, he will be able to whirlwind your companion for a whole minute and you wont be able to do anything about it.

Sorcerors get's "Force Purge", which will remove mind trap from his companion.. indeed, he will be able to whirlwind your companion for a whole minute and you wont be able to do anything about it.

Oh fantastic. I'm glad that table was immediately turned on me.