Rank the stories 1-8

kyrieIrving

1) Bounty Hunter - I loved his story on Hutta and so it put me in a good mood all the way through, my BH was evil and I loved the fact that when I did bad things they felt bad not evil in a evil Super Villian Kinda way. Also having done SW and SI before I was amazed when I was not betrayed.

2) Smuggler - I haven't quite completed this yet but so far this story has tied into whats happened in the other chapters better than any other. They are not obvious links but the same people keep popping up. Plus Guss is just great wish I had had him from day one.

3) Jedi Knight. I liked the Story, I liked the compaions, I liked some of the jedi politics and so on, I didn't like the ending too much seemed a bit silly that a Jedi and droid can defeat the greatest power in the galaxy but other than that a good if typical story.

4) Imperial Agent. Its a pitty but the hype made me expect more. Because everyone said it was so great I kinda wanted more. Its still a good strong story had a lot of good parts, and the choices at the end made me think. Oh wonder if I had done X or Y or Z what would have happened.

5) Sith Inquisitor. This was just terrible. I wanted to gain power, manipulate people, be a diplomate but I felt like tomb raider with lightning. I found the entire chapter 2 and 3 a complete waste of time, all the actual power I got seemed to come from 2 minor flash points and all the time on the planets was pointless. I kept eating ghosts but got no more powerful then I had to go and fix myself. Also not once did I make a choice and wish I hadn't done it, non of my choices seemed to matter, large chunks made no sence at all and at the end I was just happy it was over.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the Warrior story wins for me, of the three i've played through

The Agent, which i'm at Alderaan in, is turning out quite awesome, might outrank Warrior by the end, but right now i'll put it at second.

The Inquisitor comes in third.

The Smuggler and Trooper are fourth and fifth, don't know which is which.

and my Knights, Consular and Hunter (all in chapter one) i can't tell how i feel about them yet.

From what I've seen it's:

SW

IA

JK

SI

Sage

Trooper

Here's my reasons (contains spoilers):

1) SW from the beginning to end was perfect. It was the rise of an apprentice down to the final showdown to finish Act 3. The final bad guy was basically the guy you've seen throughout the entire story. No sudden "new bad guy" as the main villain.

2) IA - Awesome amounts of conspiracy, but got to be too much at the end. It's like I was watching Lost or X-Files and they just had to invent stuff to keep the conspiracy stuff going.

3) JK - Cool, but overthrowing the Emp. Really?

4) SI - Great through Act 1. Ghosts revolting on you wasn't so good, IMO. The fact that Khem Val's conversations couldn't complete until the end of Act 3 is terrible. I was forced to finish for +10 presence bonus.

5) Sage - Um... have to raise this sorta army outside of the Jedi Council... uh, what?

6) Everyone else have some grand conflict. While the Trooper had a great Act 1 - He never makes it to general (Really? I got a guy who's the Wrath of the Emp, someone who sits on the Council, a guy who killed the Emp... and this guy still takes orders from Jedi Knights... what the?) Plus, his final fight is a showdown with a Moth. Lame. And what happens at the end? Nothing, just getting back out there to fight some more bad guys. Bleh.

1. Jedi Consular (light side) - Act 1 was slow, but Act 2 and 3 more than made up for it. Had the most Star Wars-y feel and had good amounts of lore and references to KOTOR and other SWTOR storylines. Most of the other guys are just playing whack-a-villain or tracking down superweapons over and over again but the JC actually makes a difference. Also a much more believable hero than the JK. It's understandable that non-Star Wars fans wouldn't appreciate this storyline as much.

2. Sith Warrior

3. Bounty Hunter

4. Smuggler

5. Trooper

This is how I would rank the stories from worst to best in terms of how much I enjoyed the story. (It's just an opinion!) *grabs flame-resistant gear*

#8 - Sith Inquisitor (Dark).

The story was uneventful and often predictable and thus no suspense was built up. Quite underwhelming.

#7 - Smuggler (Dark).

This story had some funny moments that gave me a chuckle, but never got around to be truly epic or amazing.

#6 - Bounty Hunter (Neutral).

Go to place X, kill or subdue person Y. Repeat. Nothing major going on here, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a Bounty Hunter. Though the story does have a few surprises to mix things up.

#5 - Jedi Knight (Light).

The ends of Chapter 2 and 3 were quite epic, but everything else was underwhelming. Suspense and epicness were lacking most of the time.

#4 - Trooper (Light).

Quite a few good class missions that don't take place on the planets. Brings up some interesting moral conflicts. Manages to generate some suspense during key moments. Great final mission.

#3 - Sith Warrior (Dark).

Makes you feel like a bada** Sith most of the time. Cool companions, nice story with some good twists and cool moral choices.

#2 - Jedi Consular (Light).

This one made me feel like a real Jedi. Forging alliances, dealing with mysteries and other Force-related issues. Not just constant Imp-bashing like the Knight, you take a step back to look at the bigger picture. I love it.

#1 - Imperial Agent (Light).

This story is in a league of its own. If you care about story in a game, PLAY THIS CLASS. A great spy story with some Metal Gearish plot-twists mixed in. >>> AMAZING <<<

Edited by Kyneris

The ones I have completed (or pretty much completed) so far.

1- I'd say probably Sith Warrior, just because it feels like a Sith Warrior story should, with memorable characters and moments.

2-Sith Inquisitor, I love the dry humor in here, the voice actor is perfect, it manages to be bitingly sarcastic one moment and serious the next, and I really liked the final duel, managed to do it by myself with companion on passive, was a long *** fight, but challenging and fun. I also like trying to guess who is going to betray me next.

3- Trooper, a good story line, it gets more into the political side of being a soldier, which I found very interesting, but I found the final fight to be rather lack luster, the ending was good though, and perhaps the point is that not every battle is glorious...

4- Jedi Knight- I rank this one so low mostly because Chapter 1 up until about halfway through Tatooine is mind numbingly boring, it's bascially just GO TO PLANET X AND DESTROY Y SUPERWEAPON and i absolutely abhor the male voice actor most of the time, he has like no and a half emotion. It does pick up during chapter 2 and really takes on a life of its own in CH3, Corellia is just like epicness given form.

Agre on the male jedi knights voice acting! I'd go for the voicing style of the huttball anouncer for the jedi knight.

-of what I've done of the smugler the story is kind of meh- Bord Mantel -is on the dry side- corso riggs doesn't do it for me as a companion-and mechanicly the logic is lacking.

-Jedi Knight at least through chapter 1 is prety good-Kira in terms of personality is great- she's got some spark. The voice acting for the male Jedi Knight is way to flat and just feels out of place.

-Of what i've done of Sith Inquistor isn't to bad (just wish they used the voice actor from the final boss on Esseles for the male voice actor) Zash is brilliant for example.

-Of what i've done of Jedi Counselor chapter 1 was prety good...but quesh almost killed it for me. The questh story didn't resonate for me-the only thing that saved it for me was Nadia.

Edited by xorv

Of the ones I've played all the way through:

1. Sith Inquisitor - It has a pretty cool beginning, and a great ending, though the middle-late middle parts can get kind of sidetracked and tedious. Still, it comes together in a fun way, and while there's a lot of macguffin hunting, the story of what you're doing and how you're building your power while doing that, is pretty interesting. Definitely my favorite.

2. Jedi Knight - A little bland in terms of goals, but decidedly epic. The set up is sort of an "okay, you're the hero, so save the day", so it feels a little vanilla, but it does a great job at making you actually feel heroic. Also has a great end, with the distinct feeling of "yeah, man, you just saved the entire freaking galaxy".

3. Sith Warrior - It's a pretty fair balance to the Knight. There's a bit more wiggle room whether it's a heroic or villainous (while the Knight is more like heroic or just a jerk), so it feels a little easier to tailor to the whims of the player. The downside of that, though, is that while you definitely feel like a ******, the story's adaptability also lowers its scope.

4. Bounty Hunter - A smaller scale than the others, being focused more on glory, riches, and vengeance than being a big dog in the galaxy. Hence you don't feel quite as much like the hero or villain of the galaxy, but you are still decidedly that for your own personal story, so it does what it does well. It's the lowest ranked for me so far, but it's by no means bad. I will say that the characters who join you feel more like a team than in others I've played. Basically, the story's weaker, but the character's are stronger, so it does compensate. But it didn't make me feel like it was as awesome as the others.

Of the ones I've played to some significant, non-50 degree:

I have 3 50's(Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Trooper) + another 3 characters that are at the beginning of or in the middle of chapter 3(41 Smuggler, 40 Jedi Knight, 44 Bounty Hunter) And then a 29 Agent and a level 10 SI. I'll only judge the stories I've completed though.

1. Jedi Consular(Light)

A solid story of a jedi, it really gives you that Yoda kind of feel where you're BA with the force but yet incredibly calm cool and wise at the same time. I really like Tharan, Qyzen and Nadia as companions as well. The best chapter is a hard one for me, chp 1 was kind of like a KotOR II story since you're going from planet to planet trying to find jedi masters(Only under much different circumstances of course) but it was awesome some of the confrontations.

chp 2 made you feel like a hero, and chp 3 makes you feel more like a diplomat and the dark side confrontation really ramps up, the JC story is the best of the 2 jedi stories hands down.

2. Sith Warrior(Light)

This story gives you a nice glimpse of sith politics and shows you some of the relationship between the military and the sith, ultimately this story is about rising to power and being an unstoppable BA against all odds and smack talkers, it's up to you if you want to be a douche through it all or not. It definitely has its Darth Vader moments as well since you aren't under a lot of authority, and you have less and less authority above you as you go along. Not a lot of differences between chp 1 and 2 but ultimately I'd spoil a bit much if I went into chp 3.

(This probably wouldn't be number 3 on my list if I had more 50's) 3. Trooper(Light)

This story definitely from the get-go makes you feel like a republic trooper, I know they consider the Origin planet the prologue and then Coruscant the intro to chapter 1 but it felt like Ord mantel all the way to Alderaan was chapter 1 because the very thing that takes place on Ord mantel is the whole reason chapter 1 was what it was, It was unexpected, it was well done, it was definitely the best chapter 1 imho. Chapter 2 had a lot of promise, I thought the good stuff was going to keep coming but the process of getting done what you needed done to complete chapter 2 was dragged out and some what pitiful, the best parts of chapter 2 were not even on the planets, all you're doing is errands for people you need on your crew when they should have just been assigned along the way while you're doing something more important to the goal, but that's just me. Chapter 3 was just a bunch of errands for more people in the military, but I guess havoc squad is there to fix screw ups and do the jobs of lazy ineffective troopers. The end of Chapter 3 was cool though.

This thread is making me nervous. I plan on running a Bounty Hunter next, since I love the powers, armor, and Mako. But BH tends to be rated quite low by most everyone. :confused:

I'll tell you Chapter 1 for the BH is fun and exciting with several twists. Chapter 2 is good but relatively un exciting until the finale of Chp. 2 then it seems like it gets pretty good, haven't finished chp 3 though.

I have not completed Jedi Knight entirely yet - I am currently on Belsavis (and not for the dailies) - but I am kinda surprised so many people find it second best after the Imperial Agent's. It didn't occur particularly good to me yet.

I know exactly how you feel. I must have missed something epic when I levelled my Jedi Guardian because in the exception of the endings to Chapter 2 and 3 it wasn't all that amazing imo.

Edited by Kyneris

Of the ones I've completed.

1)IA

2)SW

3)BH

4)SI

Have made significant progress in, but not completed Smuggler and Jedi Knight...and if I had to place them on the list as well....it would look something like this.

1)IA

2)SW

3)SM

4)BH

5)JK

6)SI

Have started Trooper and Jedi Consular, but only taken them as far as the fleet, so I don't feel comfortable placing them.

1. IA - definitely the best in the game, well-written, interesting companions. great twists, memorable antagonists. Very enjoyable as either alignment.

2. SW - Particularly light side. Massive deconstruction of everything it is to be Sith, trolling Jedi left and right and taking the moral highground away from them (if LS). The only real class storyline where a major storyline decision actually matters

your decision to corrupt Jaesa or keep her on the path of light gives you two completely different versions of her character

Really entertaining villain.

3. JK - As light side it's the quintessential Jedi Knight Hero story, as Dark Side it's hilarious watching other Jedi, especially Satele, look on at abject horror at everything you're doing but unable to do anything about it since you're

The Chose One who will bring down the Sith Emperor

. Fantastic companions, great villains.

4. SI - As dark side it's pure hammy comedic sociopathy, LS is ok too as the sympathetic former slave that doesn't want to see others go through what they did. Fun characters, especially the enigmatic bro Khem Val. Story itself is not all that strong.

5. BH - Hilarious one-liners, great companions, decent story but it is what it is storyline -wise.

6. JC - Terrible storyline that's completely predictable as LS or makes no freaking sense as DS. Mostly forgettable and shallow companions. Probably worst storyline in the game.

Haven't played through Smuggler or Trooper yet, but I have a hard time believing either is worse than JC.

Rankings of the stories I've completed or at least gotten past Chapter 2:

Memorable Story Lines:

IA

One of the few times in a video game where I totally didn't see the plot twists coming.

SW

The last cutscene after the final story fight made all the tedium of leveling through boring planets worth it. Nothing else I've experienced in any game I can remember has ever given me the incredible sense of awesome power and magnificence as that scene.

Meh Story Lines but Other Factors Made Up For it:

BH

Pretty standard checklist storyline but Mako...Mako, Mako, Mako. Oh and Blizz.

Terrible Story Lines:

JC

Personal preference but I hate the female voice actor's voice. UGH. And the darkside story. Chapter 1 left me wondering why the Jedi Council didn't have me arrested for treason. Chapter 2 was better but still bad. Chapter 3 is far better but still only mediocre at best.

Haven't gotten past chapter 1:

JK- liked it so far

Smuggler- my own personal Chewie!!!

SI- on the fence. Hate Khem though; can't wait to get another comp.

Trooper- ARGHGHGGHGHGHGH!!!!

Whoever wrote the trooper story must have gotten his/her idea of the military from watching bad 80's action movies. Special Forces soldiers DO NOT go around announcing that they are Special Forces. Heck, if a civvie in a combat zone knows someone is Special Forces, or they even SEE a special forces unit, the SF guys have probably already failed in their mission.

The only ones really into all the "Ooorahh" "Rah RAh" BS are line infantrymen...ground pounding grunts who are a dime a dozen and die just as quickly. The more elite you are, the less rigidly you follow all the useless regs desk jockeys put in place to give the grunts something to do.

/end rant

I've played the Sith Inquisitory story to level 31 so far. Thats the best story. 2nd would be Bounty Hunter. No surprise there as bioware favores the Imperial side though

as for my 4 level 50 republic characters? ALL of their stories are HORRRRRIBLE. F@#$ing HORRIBLE.

I wish I could remove class story altogether in this game and just make my own character and have my own story. Oh wait, this game isnt' about players having their own story, its about them writing our story for us on rails. My bad. What was I thinking...

Edited by SOULCASTER

first off: the class stories are what I like so so much in this game, more than all those (when playing an alt that is) boring side quests

My Ranking so far (first three are completed):

Sith Warrior - because I loved the Bane book and it had all those typical Sith Warrior things ^^

Jedi Knight - yeah it has some "slow" parts, but it has all the oldschool Star Wars Spirit

Sith Inquisitor - there were some epic things and one scene where I had to laugh for an hour or longer because it reminded me of Bud Spencer

next to be 50 will be my Agent - I like the story so far, but some parts are boring too, guess that's because I'm always 4 levels below, that's why I don't like sidequesting on alts it keeps you off the stories

I like all stories tho, there are often parts when it's continuing slower, if you get what i mean, sry german here ^^ - but the stories are the part that I love most and I can't wait to have all classes on 50 and then play my other alts with the other AC and the completely opposite way again.

I'm missing a lot of Star Wars spirit in this game, maybe because I've played almost every SW pc game out there, but the stories in this are awesome. Can't wait to have more of that, too bad my gear (or timezone) locks me out of the Operations.

My Bounty Hunter is just starting Chapter 2 and it's fun as well. Plus all those Republic toons, oh well Iike em all.