Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN

STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.

STUN

STUN OVER

how can that be possible? knock down is 3 sec stun, 1GCD is 1.5 sec, that will say 2 attacks in 3 sec knock down.

Nice try, try again

Today i open op in a sorc, didnt even break his bubble in a knock down, ye we are very OP!! didnt use any stims/buff etc.

Edited by carbocat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STUN

STUN OVER

how can that be possible? knock down is 3 sec stun, 1GCD is 1.5 sec, that will say 2 attacks in 3 sec knock down.

Nice try, try again

Today i open op in a sorc, didnt even break his bubble in a knock down, ye we are very OP!! didnt use any stims/buff etc.

1st hit is the knock down starting the 3 second knockdown then they could get the next 2 attacks in and I think these attacks can cause dots as well with acid blades

Right because the knockdown doesn't turn your resolve bar full white making you completely immune to cc until it empties........... Oh wait.

ooh so then you have to use cloaking screen and stay cloaked for 8 sec? but right, Im supposed to break cc (1 gcd) and dot you (another gcd) before you can use cloaking screen, wich happens to also be 2 min cd, just like my break cc so it will be ready next time my break cc is ready.

ooh so then you have to use cloaking screen and stay cloaked for 8 sec? but right, Im supposed to break cc (1 gcd) and dot you (another gcd) before you can use cloaking screen, wich happens to also be 2 min cd, just like my break cc so it will be ready next time my break cc is ready.

Sure. You can use your cloaking screen / vanish to get in another back hit on someone. They are going to know you are there making it easy for them to knock you out of stealth with an AoE or detect, and only a complete fool is going to sit there with their back open long enough to make a 2nd hit very easy to pull off. You are also going to be screwed if you actually need your cloak to get out of a sticky situation given our class has no survivability. But you can do it...

I really would like to see some of the people criticizing our class so much play it. I think most of them would get eaten for breakfast.

Edited by AndiusTheGreat

trinket the sap and dot him before he vanishes

yes trinkets work so well against them!

*knocked down 6k damage*

*trinkets, 500 damage dot*

*stands up hit for another 5k followed by a another 6k*

*dies before he can even stand up from trinket*

the problem is two fold, biochem is giving an insane boost to damage and crit chance, and its stacking with relics.

Ability lag makes your reactions take a bit longer to kick in meaning that, even if i am on the ball often game will take longer to react then takes for the scoundrel/op to kill me. Combine that with any kind of latency and you have a recipe of disaster.

All that said... op/scoundrels damage outside of that insta kill burst feels very low compared to other classes. So in order to NERF them and do it right you first have to take away the biochem buffs, you then have to see what damage is with out it or with the nerf! then have to NERF the burst damage and balance there other damage so can still kill folks but not in 1.5 seconds.

Operatives are extremely overpowered. The reports you are getting are accurate. I am a lvl 50 sage starting to get champion gear and this is my experience.

STUN

6-8K

4-6K

4-5K

DEAD

Even when i have my "get out of jail" ability open my health is so low, they gank me before I can fight back.

Its broken, fix it.

I like this comment.

Any class played properly all of a sudden makes then Overpowered.

I've only noticed that Sorcerers deal a lot of dmg and have that annoying heal, but that's how they are made :D

come see my level 11 op take out a level 50 its fun

Nerf op burst nuff said no one should go around killing people in 4 seconds reguardless of how they are outside of stealth.....and if I have to grind for 4 weeks in order to get enough pvp gear to counter their burst then this game isnt worth it.....

Just to throw my 2 cents in here.

As a vanguard tank, I literally laugh in the face of operatives. Every time I see one I get a big grin on my face cause I know I can easily take them. Toss out a stealth scan to reveal them, charge up and use gut so the bleed damage keeps them out of stealth, and a few whacks later they are dead. Besides a bubble-less sorc, they are the easiest class for me to take down. Even if the get the drop on me with their annoying knockdown, they usually only knock down about 1/3 of my health before I annihilate them. Maybe they just don't know how to play their class, but I've never met an operative who beat me in a 1v1 or even 2v1, at least since level 50.

On Ilum the other day in a 3v1 I took out an Imp and 2 companions before I went down. Today I was playing Alderaan WZ and was alone at the center turret when a Jugg and a Merc charged up. I finished them both off with 75% HP remaining.

My point is, any class that has PvP gear is OP compared to one that doesn't, we don't need to nerf them. I'd say sorc/sage bubble or jugg/vanguard hold the line is much more OP, especially in Warzones.

I realize there are 103 pages of people disagreeing with me, but I prefer to see the benefits of my own class and enjoy the game. If it's really that gamebreaking, it's not hard to re-roll (you don't lose your current characters or anything). The great thing about this game is that each class has a different story, and there are enough bonus quests to do a different progression on a few different characters. I know I for one would look forward to seeing more Operatives :)

This.

Also for QQ's crying about made up numbers.....you are bad. Or being CC'ed for 15 seconds. Max CC is 3 seconds deal with it.

L2P

Edited by _Morholt_

Operatives are extremely overpowered. The reports you are getting are accurate. I am a lvl 50 sage starting to get champion gear and this is my experience.

STUN

6-8K

4-6K

4-5K

DEAD

Even when i have my "get out of jail" ability open my health is so low, they gank me before I can fight back.

Its broken, fix it.

If you were a good sage you would know to have your bubble up if you were not with the group (or even with it). Guess what, it WILL save your butt. I love bad scoundrels/OPs who try to solo gank my shadow and get owned and I don't even have a bubble.

Lets see...............

Sorcerers are op

Sages are op

Scoundrels are op

Operatives are op

Mercenaries are op

Lets me guess, by the end of this month people will be whining about Juggernauts and their imba defensive ability that makes them immortal for a short period of time (Invincible?).

STUN

6-8K

4-6K

4-5K

DEAD

Its broken, fix it.

No more buff stacking soon. That looks like a battlemaster with full buffs against someone with 23 Expertise. Those are all crits with every possible buff in the game up.

See, the problem is, people read this propaganda over and over and over again. And they think this is all we do. Run up to a Battlemaster, 8K, 5k, 5k, dead, restealth.

There is so much of this exaggeration and misinformation going around, that people are starting to believe their own embellishments.

Lets see...............

Sorcerers are op

Sages are op

Scoundrels are op

Operatives are op

Mercenaries are op

Lets me guess, by the end of this month people will be whining about Juggernauts and their imba defensive ability that makes them immortal for a short period of time (Invincible?).

I did well with my sub-50 Marauder yesterday!

http://foolsmanifesto.com/lolmarauders.jpg

Don't forget to cry nerf on them. No consumables used.

I don't die to this, but I save my trinket & Rakata Medpack specifically for Scoundrels/Operatives who jump me. With other classes, I can usually heal through it and escape. Concealment burst is definitely over the top, though.

IMO, the following changes need to be implemented.

Step 1: Give players a choice of three stealth openers, so players don't get hit with everything at once.

Jarring Strike - Stun, moderate damage.

Acid Blade - Armor penetration debuff + DoT

Hidden Strike - Straight up backstab

Step 2: Give the openers a shared cooldown of maybe...30 seconds, so people can't Open-->Cloaking Screen--->Open.

Step 3: Lower the cooldown of Shiv and Backstab by 2 seconds, OR increase the damage of Overload Shot, so players have a more reliable rotation out of stealth.

Step 4: Give Operatives/Scoundrels a Shadowstep ability, so they have a non-stealth based closer like every other melee class. This will fix their mobility issue in Huttball.

Edited by raelimar

I don't die to this, but I save my trinket & Rakata Medpack specifically for Scoundrels/Operatives who jump me. With other classes, I can usually heal through it and escape. Concealment burst is definitely over the top, though.

Step 1: Give players a choice of three stealth openers, so players don't get hit with everything at once.

Step 2: Give the openers a shared cooldown of maybe...30 seconds, so people can't Open-->Cloaking Screen--->Open.

Step 3: Lower the cooldown of Shiv and Backstab by 2 seconds, OR increase the damage of Overload Shot, so players have a more reliable rotation out of stealth.

Step 4: Give Operatives/Scoundrels a Shadowstep ability, so they have a non-stealth based closer like every other melee class. This will fix their mobility issue in Huttball.

This seems like a good list of changes.

I could go for that. I think it kind of kills the burst damage aspect of our class but I play it more because I enjoy the crazy style of scoundrel combat in more extended fights with the sucker punches and the kicks to the groin anyway. I could also go for some of the trinkets/consumables that give us that power to slaughter someone so quickly have their effect halved and duration doubled.

Oh, also if our class is made to take longer to kill, defensive screen needs a serious buff. That skill is trash. It needs to be buffed for sawbones anyway.

I think our class is balanced but the consumables and such are overpowered. When you stack short duration buffs on a burst damage class... that is where things get sketchy.

Edited by AndiusTheGreat

You know a class is ridiculous when it could totally anal **** a battlemastered juggernaut. And i Don't have my own op ("You cant whine because you dont have the clas-" Shut up.) I'm not saying nerf the class until it becomes useless, But my god, That knockdown is F*************************************************************************** ANNOYING!

and apparently they have some weird sprint move that makes it impossible to lose them, Im not asking for a nerf, but i want someone that isn't a butt-hurt op fanatic or a butthurt "NERF THIS CUZ IT KILLZ MEH" type to write up how the hell to counter these guys?

Aslong as the mez break is on a 2 minute cooldown they are going to remain unkillable, but that's not skill, that's just the INABILITY TO DO ANYTHING IN RETALIATION

Poor grammar, Sorry, Bedtime. Bai.

If you were a good sage you would know to have your bubble up if you were not with the group (or even with it). Guess what, it WILL save your butt. I love bad scoundrels/OPs who try to solo gank my shadow and get owned and I don't even have a bubble.

Before i go to bed, i have to comment on this, Hes a juggernaut fighting poorly geared ops, Not everyone is going to be a goddamned tank with max health and heavy armor to survive the shanking, Think of sorcs bounty hunters and warriors (And the republic mirrors) that have alot less defensive abilities a tank has, I DEMAND YOU to think of a strategy to use when your face down and a guy is shanking your ***hole for 5k per hit, You cant, Because your FRIGGIN' DEAD.

You know a class is ridiculous when it could totally anal **** a battlemastered juggernaut. And i Don't have my own op ("You cant whine because you dont have the clas-" Shut up.) I'm not saying nerf the class until it becomes useless, But my god, That knockdown is F*************************************************************************** ANNOYING!

and apparently they have some weird sprint move that makes it impossible to lose them, Im not asking for a nerf, but i want someone that isn't a butt-hurt op fanatic or a butthurt "NERF THIS CUZ IT KILLZ MEH" type to write up how the hell to counter these guys?

Aslong as the mez break is on a 2 minute cooldown they are going to remain unkillable, but that's not skill, that's just the INABILITY TO DO ANYTHING IN RETALIATION

Poor grammar, Sorry, Bedtime. Bai.

We have no sprint...we have no gap closer of any kind for that matter.

Signed signed signed. I had this same thing happen to me, I was down to 400 hp by the end of the knockdown stun they have from stealth. Absolutely ridiculous. No class should be able to kill another before they can fight back. I:csw_vader:'m a 50 juggernaut by the way. Don't tell me to use my cc breaker because that's either on cooldown or I don't want to waste it knowing this damn stealther will only stealth away or kill me anyways. Before any of you go shouting L2P know I will not respond to trolls.

People need to quit crying L2P ops shred through. Clothys that's the way it should be don't like it reroll not bw's fault u all rolled sorcerer they made everyone balanced op>sorc>jugg>BH>ops...end cycle Edited by TheGeodee

Qaddafi'd!!

What now? o.o

But yes, I don't have a problem with the damage, My real issue is that its almost impossible for MOST classes to counter it, The damage is fine, maybe a little overkillish, but again, my gripes are all related to the fact that you CAN'T DO ANYTHING usually. Nerfing is only going to encourage bioware to go down a path that doesn't bode well :\

If they somehow found a way to nerf powers, but have the nerfs ONLY TAKE EFFECT IN WARZONES AND NOWHERE ELSE then i would be fine with it, Otherwise i don't want my PVE ability to be hampered by whiny level 20 Newbies.