New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to share my experience, I don't mind them having been temporary, though it would have been nice to know. The problem I had is that this Dynamic Update system they had, didn't show the dyes in my Cartel Market (And I checked every day during the period) until about 6 hours before they were removed. Which was for me very early in the AM when I thought, I will go to bed and buy them when I get up... and they were gone.

Either the responsiveness of the Markets Dynamic updates needs to be greatly improved or "for a short time" needs to be longer to account for outlying system updates.

- Raith

Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric

Okeedokee.

I do appreciate the dialogue.

Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric

This is just a suggestion, but to avoid further confusion with these types of ''Limited Time offers'', you guys should focus on making a 'Limited Time' tab for the Cartel Market. So when something 'Limited Time' comes in, just put it in there and maybe have a time limit for the items. Example: Black and White Dye Module: 2 Days, 13 Hours, 14 Minutes and, Solus Secant, here for the remainder of the 'Relics of the Gree Event', Oct-1st-7th. This would be a very helpful tab in my opinion so I know when to buy such and such.

Wait... the dyes were actually on the CM? I assumed that bioware F'd the patch up and didnt include them. They NEVER showed up on the market for me. Ive checked every day since the patch came out.... Never was listed for me. The ********** is that?! I read your posts eric about it being for the weekend only or w/e... but I played pretty much all day sunday, and parts of friday/saturday night. The dyes were NOT in the cartel market window for me at any time. This is BS

Wait... the dyes were actually on the CM? I assumed that bioware F'd the patch up and didnt include them. They NEVER showed up on the market for me. Ive checked every day since the patch came out.... Never was listed for me. The ********** is that?! I read your posts eric about it being for the weekend only or w/e... but I played pretty much all day sunday, and parts of friday/saturday night. The dyes were NOT in the cartel market window for me at any time. This is BS

They were there perhaps in you were blinded by your fits of rage.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, to be honest it's issues such as this that make it hard to continue to support this game as I have since day 1. I am still a subscriber and have no present plan to change that. However it is a bit frustrating to see something as simple as a dye system get implemented so horribly. Simple in the fact that there are countless other games that have listened to their players and put in systems that work well and the players like.

Why is this system so utterly restrictive to us as players? I have zero problems with the cartel market, what I do have a issues with is the absurd pricing for popular dyes and they have a one time use. I would have no problem whatsoever paying this price possibly even a little more IF there was an option to unlock these dyes to our collections. The collection system I thought was another great idea but it also fails to deliver for what really could solve many of these issues. Why would you all NOT give us the option of adding these to our collections, even if it was on a character by character basis much like adding the companion Treek to additional characters?

It is extremely frustrating for players, like myself, who enjoy changing our armor skins regularly, only to lose our dye and have to purchase another for an completely ridiculous price for yet another "one time use" item. It would be nice to see you all take this into consideration, especially seeing how many have voice their support for these being added to the collections, for a price of course.

Thank you

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

That is pretty messed up. Because when the servers came up they were not there. Then later that same day, there they are. Cool. Then I go to buy one, THE SAME DAY, and they are gone. Now I understand limited availability. Like with the Revan title, 24hrs. But the Dyes were on the market for 4 hours...hopefully you now have a few job openings for this mistake...

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

If something has a Limited time in store, cant you create a clock timer on the specific item in big flashy yellow lights with LIMITED TIME ONLY ? Would probably be helpful in the future

Wow, so Bioware feels the price is right. Funny how they won't really discuss the reason for the absurd price for a one time use item. This is just crazy that so many other mmos have more customizations options that aren't such a blatant price gouge. I have been a sub since launch and am feeling so cheap and used right now. I guess I don't matter unless I'm buying stuff off the cartel market.

Some of you seriously believe this hog wash "limited time" crap? What planet are you on? The prices were obviously astronomical and the immediate uproar whipped their idiocy back to reality. More likely than not, when they're re-released the prices will be lower. $20 USD for a single colour dye kit... /facepalm

Seriously EAWARE... seriously...

Wow, so Bioware feels the price is right. Funny how they won't really discuss the reason for the absurd price for a one time use item. This is just crazy that so many other mmos have more customizations options that aren't such a blatant price gouge. I have been a sub since launch and am feeling so cheap and used right now. I guess I don't matter unless I'm buying stuff off the cartel market.

It really is a kick in groin to those of us who are still subscribers. The enter dye debacle could have easily been avoided had it actually been what the players asked for, and NOT some gimmick to just rake in more cash for Bioware. I am all for a reasonable amount for profit but they have taken it all to an entirely new level. This is slowly becoming one of my most frustrating experiences since I have been gaming. It is even getting worse than my experiences with Ubisoft and there asinine decisions.

Some of you seriously believe this hog wash "limited time" crap? What planet are you on? The prices were obviously astronomical and the immediate uproar whipped their idiocy back to reality. More likely than not, when they're re-released the prices will be lower. $20 USD for a single colour dye kit... /facepalm

Seriously EAWARE... seriously...

They said the prices will be the same on their return. But hey if you wanna live in your delusional fantasy go right ahead.

Hey folks,

-eric

Not gonna lie, it's really skeezy that you did that, even if it was "unintentional".

The right thing to do is put them up again for a little while, this time LETTING PEOPLE KNOW when they'll be removed.

I didn't want to buy any myself, as I'm not interested in paying twenty fraking bucks for a one-use dye, but I feel bad for anyone who bought cartel coins with the intent of p*ssing their money away on dye only to have them removed, leaving them with twenty bucks' worth of funny money they can't even spend on what they wanted to.

I know, right? Glad to know I'm a valued customer :rolleyes:

Edited by Arenatah

They could have done things in a more user friendly system. The few other F2P games I've played that have a cash shop do things in a way to entice people to sub, which is their ultimate desire. They don't use their shops as a place to keep the most desirable stuff at exorbitant prices, and then give a few scraps for people to earn in game through normal gameplay.

A subscriber in this game is treated comparably to a free player in those other games I've played.

Of course, they offer sales of market currency every few months, and people can buy their game cards that always have bonus cash included. It's just a friendlier system, and they don't make you feel like you're being squeezed for every bit of money they can get.

Perception is a big problem with this company, and they're not doing anything to change it for the better. In my eyes, anyway.

The more they make people feel like they're getting a good deal, the more money they make. I use that practice everyday, and my customers are happy. You treat people right, they always come back, and that's a fact.

I admit that I am feeling sorry for the devs. Most of them can't be behind this system design, and are only following orders from the execs.

Edited by Hambunctious

Not gonna lie, it's really skeezy that you did that, even if it was "unintentional".

I don't think it was unintentional at all...and conveniently they weren't able to get cartel coin in game purchase patched in right either...convenient because we were supposed to get 50% off that first coin purchase...

"So let's pretend we can't get it to work, so people buy more cartel coins at full price and buy the dyes. Then we'll remove the dyes from the shop and make the excuse that they were supposed to be limited, miraculously get the in game coin purchase to work, patch it in, add the dyes back to the cartel market on a 'limited' basis, people will buy more coins for their first 50% off deal, then buy more dyes!"

Probably exactly how that extended maintenance went down last week. :jawa_wink:

Edited by Saregon

Hey folks,

-eric

No... No I am sorry but I don't buy it. No, dispite your valiant and selfless effort to fall on your sword over this, Eric, there is a lot that doesn't add up. It seems almost as though you guys don't have control over what happens with the Cartel Market half the time anymore! Items showing up without warning. Items being removed without warning. Items being listed under packs where they do not actually appear. And what about the major downtime and failed patching of the Cartel Market, a disaster by any measure that was supposed to be the glorious unveiling of a new Cartel Market feature? No there is something more going on here and I am very much afraid I suspect what it is. I say again your team doesn't seem to have control over the Cartel Market. I don't know what the cause for that might be, and I will not speculate, but as I find this development very distressing indeed, I will offer this piece of advice, not to you but to the powers that be: perhaps it is time you made an investment towards some much needed improvements of your product, and towards hiring people that can carry out those improvements, lest you lose it all together. After all you cant run a tight ship without fuel or a crew. Just a thought.

Typical over action theater just like the NFL preseason lol. Calm down its been noted previously the CM is now dynamic in fact it was noted with the previous packs and dye as they didn't show up right away. Just like that ugly silver circlish speeder it comes and goes. It's not Eric's fault dynamic is something you don't understand. ***** about the price all you want if you want it buy it if not others will and use it or sell it. This keeps it rare.

Some of you ***** about the damnedest things. There are much larger issues at play that threaten subs then freaking 2 dyes rotating on the market. Give Eric a fracking break and get some perspective stuff like this and you wonder why they give the responses they do. They are not punishing the players that is asinine.

Not to say things don't frustrate me as well but it's a game and they make the choices they make as they feel best there is no way they can take the communities ideas all the time just look at some of the class forums and what they want its unrealistic much like 75% of the vocal crowd on the forums. It is what is take a break, pop a xanex and chill out.

Be easy