Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, if you are a subscriber you should get a couple more benefits along the way. This would be a great "thank you for subscribing" gift. I mean, we already pay 12.99-15.99 per month and I think it would be nice if we didnt have to pay more for the these things. And I know what you're thinking, just pay the one million, but I mean cmon, I've been playing for almost a year now and I'm only legacy level 15 - I have a ways to go for 40. So, basically, this Treek is for those who have been playing a very long time (1-2 years at the least) or someone with 2100 - 2800 cc extra on their hands. I guess that makes me chopped liver.

well from what i have read abut how you get the companion and the cost , I see this as a way to boost profits.

I can see them doing this once a year or so when they need to raise the quarterly earnings.

on a side note,complaining on this forum only has a limited effect, take your thoughts to other forums that EA/Bio do not control is much better.

In my opinion, if you are a subscriber you should get a couple more benefits along the way. This would be a great "thank you for subscribing" gift. I mean, we already pay 12.99-15.99 per month and I think it would be nice if we didnt have to pay more for the these things. And I know what you're thinking, just pay the one million, but I mean cmon, I've been playing for almost a year now and I'm only legacy level 15 - I have a ways to go for 40. So, basically, this Treek is for those who have been playing a very long time (1-2 years at the least) or someone with 2100 - 2800 cc extra on their hands. I guess that makes me chopped liver.

The game hasn't even been out for two years.

The cost is bad enough, but Treek arrives with level 10 equipment, no matter what level you acquire them.

At least when you spend a million to buy your HK it comes with level 50 gear.

Here's Treek, with a backstory and claims to being tough and it arrives with LEVEL 10 EQUIPMENT!

So I went into the Cartel Bazaar and saw a topless male dancer with two females cheering him on.

I saw that before in another location, I figured, "ok, there are women dancers.. it's a joke, whatever.". But again in such a prominent place makes no sense, girls are not even remotely interested in male dancers in the way males worship women.

The new empowered Ewok female character says things like "I'm going to chop off your bits and use them as trophies".

What is this, some desperate ploy to rope in feminist gamers with *not-so-edgy* and in fact overdone, tired and unwanted "reversals of traditional stereotypes" and depictions of empowered females who humiliate males with specific female-on-male abusive language?

Time and again, research shows that only the tiniest minority of gamers, female or otherwise is interested in this kind of misandry and bullcrap, yet somehow females in the industry or far left wing guys who think they know what's hip with the kids push this junk into the gaming scene.

Increasingly the market is hostile to attempts to force this propaganda and misandrist ideology upon it.

While you may want more girl gamers, remember who makes up the bulk of your income and weigh up the truth, that if a fraction of male gamers is lost, you will NEVER regain it by pandering to a fraction of a fraction of fanatical hatefilled female gamers.

That said. Love the game, how vibrant and alive it seems - sadly when I ask other people about the game they say things like "Yeah I played it, it was fun, then it was all "PASS THE HUTTBALL"".

You should put in a choice of warzones, like other games have, and like your flashpoint system uses..

Maybe with the populations as they are that isn't feasible.. I don't know, but I do know that huttball is friggin dull.

You should do more to swing back old subscribers, they do not know what they are missing.

So I went into the Cartel Bazaar and saw a topless male dancer with two females cheering him on.

I saw that before in another location, I figured, "ok, there are women dancers.. it's a joke, whatever.". But again in such a prominent place makes no sense, girls are not even remotely interested in male dancers in the way males worship women.

The new empowered Ewok female character says things like "I'm going to chop off your bits and use them as trophies".

What is this, some desperate ploy to rope in feminist gamers with *not-so-edgy* and in fact overdone, tired and unwanted "reversals of traditional stereotypes" and depictions of empowered females who humiliate males with specific female-on-male abusive language?

Time and again, research shows that only the tiniest minority of gamers, female or otherwise is interested in this kind of misandry and bullcrap, yet somehow females in the industry or far left wing guys who think they know what's hip with the kids push this junk into the gaming scene.

Increasingly the market is hostile to attempts to force this propaganda and misandrist ideology upon it.

While you may want more girl gamers, remember who makes up the bulk of your income and weigh up the truth, that if a fraction of male gamers is lost, you will NEVER regain it by pandering to a fraction of a fraction of fanatical hatefilled female gamers.

That said. Love the game, how vibrant and alive it seems - sadly when I ask other people about the game they say things like "Yeah I played it, it was fun, then it was all "PASS THE HUTTBALL"".

You should put in a choice of warzones, like other games have, and like your flashpoint system uses..

Maybe with the populations as they are that isn't feasible.. I don't know, but I do know that huttball is friggin dull.

You should do more to swing back old subscribers, they do not know what they are missing.

I think females like male strippers and dancers... or maybe it is for the LGBT part of the gaming population.

Research is showing that 48% of total gamers are women, and part of that same population is LGBT. And it is not pandering, it is equal stuff for everyone.

Treek says these things because she is insane homicidal teddy bear

And Warzone choices would be highly impractical (not enough people doing it), and it is not like huttball is popping up all the time with addition of "combat simulations" of other warzones.

The cost is bad enough, but Treek arrives with level 10 equipment, no matter what level you acquire them.

At least when you spend a million to buy your HK it comes with level 50 gear.

Here's Treek, with a backstory and claims to being tough and it arrives with LEVEL 10 EQUIPMENT!

Its probably meant for people who have smuggler or hunter who do not want to wait until Hoth to get a healer/tank.

They probably figure if your level 55 you would have the money to buy or make stuff for her.

What do you expect, they can not give her 55 stuff if you unlock her for a level 10, HK does not come with 55 gear when you unlock him on a new toon does he.

We do, that's why many of us have left, are leaving or are on the verge of leaving.

What do you expect, they can not give her 55 stuff if you unlock her for a level 10, HK does not come with 55 gear when you unlock him on a new toon does he.

HK doesn't come with level 55 gear, no. Mainly due to the fact he was released pre-Makeb. He does come with level 50 gear, however.

Edited by Mevan

The only thing I would really ask for with the Treek Companion is lessening the Legacy Level requirement for her. Being a Casual Player I am only at Level 11 and I will more than likely never reach Level 40, and I have been playing the game for a very long time as a sub. My problem is that I have a life outside the game so I can not play it 24/7 and it takes me a very long time max out a bunch of characters in order to get the Legacy Levels.

I think they put that Legacy Level Requirement on it so high to try and force Subs to pay for it through the Cartel Market. That is the only sane reason why they would suggest such a high Legacy Level. :rolleyes:

For the Cartel Market: I know that for the Cartel Market, trying to ask BioWare to lessen the prices there is mute as BioWare is all about Nickel-And-Diming with the Cartel Market and all they want is for more and more people to use it so that they can suck up as much money as possible. That is why everything in the Cartel Market is overpriced. So they will ignore anyone asking to lower the prices for the Cartel Market. :p

Just to pipe in.

I've got to agree with some people that legacy level of 40 is probably a bit high. if you aren't one of those silly people who just do endgame treadmilling over and over, but are instead playing through all the different class stories, you probably don't HAVE a legacy level that high.

I'd expect my gameplay is towards the high end. (Guesstimate at least 6 hours or so a week since release), but it's spread out over numerous characters. 5 lvl 50's, 2 lvl ~30's, 4 lvl <17s. As such, my legacy level is only 34.

'Course, this may also be indicitive that perhaps the way you gain legacy levels may be a bit fubar, and legacy XP shouldn't just be a % of the amount of xp you get. Going from lvl 49 to 50 isn't all that much harder than lvl 19 to 20, but over the course of 49 to 50 you'll get *far* more legacy xp. Perhaps the legacy xp you get from completing a quest/killing a monster shouldn't be some % of the normal exp, but be based on either the level of the highest character in the legacy, or perhaps the combined levels. (I'd assume those (IMO silly) people who simply grind one character up to max then run the treadmill over and over would want it based on the level of the highest character, but really, somebody whose leveled multiple characters should be getting some perks for that. Maybe some combination? full benefit of max characters level, 1/5th of the other characters levels?)

Just to pipe in.

I've got to agree with some people that legacy level of 40 is probably a bit high. if you aren't one of those silly people who just do endgame treadmilling over and over, but are instead playing through all the different class stories, you probably don't HAVE a legacy level that high.

I'd expect my gameplay is towards the high end. (Guesstimate at least 6 hours or so a week since release), but it's spread out over numerous characters. 5 lvl 50's, 2 lvl ~30's, 4 lvl <17s. As such, my legacy level is only 34.

'Course, this may also be indicitive that perhaps the way you gain legacy levels may be a bit fubar, and legacy XP shouldn't just be a % of the amount of xp you get. Going from lvl 49 to 50 isn't all that much harder than lvl 19 to 20, but over the course of 49 to 50 you'll get *far* more legacy xp. Perhaps the legacy xp you get from completing a quest/killing a monster shouldn't be some % of the normal exp, but be based on either the level of the highest character in the legacy, or perhaps the combined levels. (I'd assume those (IMO silly) people who simply grind one character up to max then run the treadmill over and over would want it based on the level of the highest character, but really, somebody whose leveled multiple characters should be getting some perks for that. Maybe some combination? full benefit of max characters level, 1/5th of the other characters levels?)

You showing that you are only Legacy Level 34 and having all those characters at what they are really does reiterate that the Legacy Level Requirement is set too high.

I know you are not saying this but I am going to use it as a way to show what one of my theory/opinions on why it is set with such a high requirement. What this shows to me is that it leans credence to my theory that they chose it to be such a high level in order to get more people to just pay for her out right through the Cartel Market. Not a good choice in my opinion. It reflects badly on BioWare.

Edited by WarbNull

I know you are not saying this but I am going to use it as a way to show what one of my theory/opinions on why it is set with such a high requirement. What this shows to me is that it leans credence to my theory that they chose it to be such a high level in order to get more people to just pay for her out right through the Cartel Market. Not a good choice in my opinion. It reflects badly on BioWare.

Well, thing is, as a subscriber I've been racking up Cartel Coins for almost a year now. Unless you've been spending coins condoning EA's efforts to push gambling via prize boxes, anybody with a subscription should be sitting on a nice pile of cartel coins. (I think I have ~7000, last I looked?) So, even if I chose to use cartel coins instead of credits, (which I won't, I don't see any particularly need for this companion, as I assume he will be pretty much ignored in the existing class storylines, and I expect if they ever add to the class storylines I'll probably be legacy 40 by then), it wouldn't be coming out of my pocket anyways. It'll be coming out of my stockpile of coins I've been accumulating while waiting for something worthwhile to buy. Anything costing CC is, in moderation, free to subscribers.

Well, thing is, as a subscriber I've been racking up Cartel Coins for almost a year now. Unless you've been spending coins condoning EA's efforts to push gambling via prize boxes, anybody with a subscription should be sitting on a nice pile of cartel coins. (I think I have ~7000, last I looked?) So, even if I chose to use cartel coins instead of credits, (which I won't, I don't see any particularly need for this companion, as I assume he will be pretty much ignored in the existing class storylines, and I expect if they ever add to the class storylines I'll probably be legacy 40 by then), it wouldn't be coming out of my pocket anyways. It'll be coming out of my stockpile of coins I've been accumulating while waiting for something worthwhile to buy. Anything costing CC is, in moderation, free to subscribers.

Yeah I am sitting at 5000 Cartel Coins from my subscription. I have spent a few Coins. I only used them on a few Character Perks and a few Cargo Hold Unlocks for my Account wide. That is all I spent my Coins on so far as they are the only things that I think were were it so far.

As cool as some things are on the Cartel Market I have yet to find a lot of it worth the prices they have put them for. So out of principle I am not buying those items I think are Over-Priced. Suits of Armor for $10 and Treek for almost $20. It is unbelievable in my opinion. Treek is basically the cost of our Expansion. Something to think about. :)

well remember they have to make up the 4.5 billion dollars they gave GL for SW. i imagine a new companion of sorts every 6 months, who knows maybe a VOSS one next. if she was a FULL companion with lots of storyline cut scenes

(i hear there are only 2),and would allow a 6th mission for crew skills, I MIGHT be interested.

So the hordes of female dancers don't bother you, the female sex slaves don't worry you, the nobleman on Alderaan who wants to rape a woman doesn't bother you, but one male dancer, not even all that racy, and some comments from Treek that a male bounty hunter could just as easily have made, that prompts a ballistic reaction? I'm a feminist, and not a misandrist. I'm not interested in bashing men. I don't get more interested in a game just because they throw in a male stripper. However, having one male stripper is not male bashing, just an acknowledgement that in the real world, male strippers do exist, and women do watch them. It does make me happy that Bioware understands I'm a customer too. They show this by writing interesting female characters, not by adding one male stripper. And no, women gamers are not some tiny insignificant minority that should be ignored because a few guys can't handle a shirtless Twilek dude table dancing. How is this any different than having tons of female dancers in the game? Why on earth would any guy feel driven away by this, unless he's seriously threatened by women being interested in sexy entertainment?

People didn't demand the new pets & mounts in the Blizzard store to be included with their subs...why should this be any different? I have 1 level 55, and only legacy 18. I definitely don't have the extra cash to blow on CC since I'm remodeling my house...yet here I sit defending the set up. Why? Because people sell the CC contracts. I made 1 mil credits yesterday, without much effort. I played for 3 hours, and made 1 mil credits. My goal is to buy the CC contract off the GTN (currently bouncing between 1.6 - 2.8 mil creds) So I will log in for 3 days, do my routine to farm some credits, and I will have acquired it without touching the credits I already had saved up.

It's not hard, and it won't take me a year to get it. If people don't want to put in the effort to acquire new goodies, then they shouldn't be able to acquire them.

:jawa_cool:

The fact we can get a stupid Ewok companion but still don't have playable Togruta, amongst other races, really bothers me...

Making a single companion model that cannot wear armor is way, way, way, easier than making a fully customizable player character model that should have as little clipping issues as possible.

• 4 months later...

Hello there!

I've bought mercenary contract for treek using cartle coins, sent it to my lvling character (Zealou - Sentinel lvl 10 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd) & used it couple days ago - as a result item is gone, further quest for obtaining Treek not provided, nothing in quest log, over 2k cartel coins are gone with 1 click

Made in-game ticket as it happened, but it may take days to get any answer....

For sure, it's some kind of bug/error, but seems like noone in-game (at least guild-members or server-people i've asked) had same problem

• 1 month later...
Hello there!

I've bought mercenary contract for treek using cartle coins, sent it to my lvling character (Zealou - Sentinel lvl 10 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd) & used it couple days ago - as a result item is gone, further quest for obtaining Treek not provided, nothing in quest log, over 2k cartel coins are gone with 1 click

Made in-game ticket as it happened, but it may take days to get any answer....

For sure, it's some kind of bug/error, but seems like noone in-game (at least guild-members or server-people i've asked) had same problem

Check your collections, any used CM item shows there (may need game restart to update), so I suppose contract will be there also (at least 1 mil credits version is) and can be cloned on same character as many times as you want, just get new contract from collection (character that used it) and apply it without interrupting cast.