Missions with friends or alone?

Threjyan

i have a doubt, maybe it is a dumb one. yesterday while playing with some friends after added them in the friends list, i got 2 bonus missions but i was unable to start them up..

my question is: am i able to continue to play my solo game even with frineds added in the friends list? i mean, i can continue to foloow the game without having to complete the missions with my friends?

it is my first mmo, and i am a little bit confused.

because what really confused me, is that the missions i recieved to do were on tython, one is to analise the artifacts, and the other i can remenber which is, but they did not started up..i followed the directions in the map, spoken with the correct caracters, but it simply didn started the quest after speaking with them..

so basicly, my question is, do friends in the friends list, do affect the game in terms of solo playing, or i can continue to play the game without the friends?

adding people to your friend list will allow you to know when they're online or not. It does nothing else.

When you group with other people, they can share their missions with you, that probably how you got more missions added to your log.

You can do the same too.

Open your mission log (hit the "L" key by default), there you have the list of your missions on the left panel. Next to the mission title there is a radio button that you can activate or deactive to track it on your main UI.

Once you select a mission by clicking it, you'll get the mission description on the right panel.

At the bottom you'll have several options:

- reset: if you're stuck on a mission (a character disappears or you regret a conversation choice), you can hit the reset button. You probably need to exit the phased area first before resetting the mission. In some cases, the reset won't be available.

- abandon: you can only abandon optional missions. If you ever want to pick the mission again, you have to go talk to the NPC (non player character) who gave you the mission in the first place.

- share: (not all missions can be shared)

Another functionality is if you are grouped with other people, when you open your map ("M" key) you'll see your missions objectives with the yellow markers and your friend's objectives with a purple marker. Hovering your mouse cursor on the markers will even list the current members of the group who have the mission in their to do list.

Back to your question, no you don't have to be with your friend to continue your missions.

Please note that the missions noted [heroic 2+] and [heroic 4] are meant for a group of 2 or more people, or 4 people. They can be done solo in certain conditions but it's best to get help.

Edited by Oggthebase

many thx for the reply :)

it helped me a lot, in new things, i didn knew (for example the heroic missions +2 or +4 are for grouping gaming :) thats why i died when i finished a mission and went group disband and died trying to get out of the cave hehe)

also yesterday with me mates i understood a lot better thr goupie thing. there are some "bosses" that must be fought in a group, and like you pointed, the heroic missions must also be made in group.

once more, many thx for the reply. it helped a lot.

may the force be with you