EGA Limit Character Creation

JediMarvel

I wanted to suggest this before but the forums were down but I think during the EGA you should restrict people from only making 2 characters that way people arent reserving 10 names.. I cant count how many people are desperatly waiting to reserve names and I dont think its fair to those who get in later to have to play with a name they dont want because someone is HOLDING a name for a later date.

those who disagree are the ones who are already doing this or plan to. allow the amount of characters one is allowed to have December 20th when the game goes LIVE to all.

I wanted to suggest this before but the forums were down but I think during the EGA you should restrict people from only making 2 characters that way people arent reserving 10 names.. I cant count how many people are desperatly waiting to reserve names and I dont think its fair to those who get in later to have to play with a name they dont want because someone is HOLDING a name for a later date.

those who disagree are the ones who are already doing this or plan to. allow the amount of characters one is allowed to have December 20th when the game goes LIVE to all.

This.

no thx, part of the reason i care for early access is to reserve all my character names, then start to work on my main...

So you wouldn't be upset if I parked my big 3/4 ton pickup in 2 parking spots because I need to go into the store, and don't like parking too far away?

Don't get me wrong, the EA is fine, but reserving 30 names is just selfish(not calling you) and shows a lack of human decency

Edited by Liberate

No thanks. I won't be getting in until tomorrow or Thursday, and I'm just fine with not having my names reserved. I've got about 8 variations per gender that I tend to use for characters, so if a few of them are taken it's no big deal.

omg you are so right, thats totally the same thing...

A rough example, but you get the point, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Reserving 20 names is childish. Just like blocking in your prius by taking 2 spots in my HD pickup.

Edited by Liberate

What they need to do is if you have a closed account, or a character inactive for 30 days, the name should be released. If you log in character later it will be prompted with a rename option.

Yeah, someone is probably going to take your name. But you should only be allowed to use a name if you're playing the game - not to hoard names up. Of course the rule should apply to characters below a certain level. If you haven't played for a longer time the level would go up.

Then again we wouldn't even have a naming problem IF they used handles. For example in the game it will show <character name>@handle. That way you can have a million people with the *same* name but it won't matter since your handle is unique.

I'm not reserving names (always come up with my names to fit the character I'm making on the spot) and I'm against the idea.

So you wouldn't be upset if I parked my big 3/4 ton pickup in 2 parking spots because I need to go into the store, and don't like parking too far away?

Don't get me wrong, the EA is fine, but reserving 30 names is just selfish(not calling you) and shows a lack of human decency

You are like the rebel fighting the evil empire. Seriously, asking for decency on the internet is a waste of time.

It would be great to have but everytime someone mentions it i hurt a little because i know it wont happen.

As for OP, most names that get taken pretty quick are names that are either derivations of famous chars or pretty obvious names. Like Headhunter for a Bounty Hunter etc.

I always use names without any intended meaning, if possible close to the race lore.

That way i work around the problem. Anyhow, a char limit wouldnt hurt.

I doubt the people posting in this thread would limit themselves to 2 names only for now...they would be selecting all their names asap.

In any case, Stephen Reid has stated they will be opening up new servers each day as needed. So the day you get in, go on one of the brand new servers for that day and select all your names.