Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.

Worst scenario.... again! :(:mad:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firaxan Shark population -

Empire - 18 total (1 on Fleet)

Republic - 19 total (1 on fleet)

That's 37 people total......... Transfer us plx!!!!

Empire - 13 total (0 on fleet)

Republic - 7 total (0 on fleet)

That is not counting me btw

Thats 20 people Crevasse rep!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.

Then I think they are planning in moving all EU PVE to Red Eclipse. There should not be any issues opening a new origin server and start transfer of low populated servers to that one. Example start moving people to Dune Bantha should not be a problem. Still they are not doing it.

All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

Empire - 13 total (0 on fleet)

Republic - 7 total (0 on fleet)

That is not counting me btw

Thats 20 people Crevasse rep!

Damn got me beat, they should open both of our servers for transfers today then.

It seems like PvE servers are getting dusted while they allow PvP servers to transfer first :mad:

Just get it done! I have been waiting to get back to playing until the transfers happened... I don't enjoy waiting 3-4 hours for a PvP queue, and can only take leveling alts so much. It is really unfair to those left to leave them hanging on underpopulated servers over the weekend, when they coudl have a grand old time playing on one that is populated...

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

that is completely unacceptable. you couldve transferred the last two east pvp servers and it wouldnt have made a difference.

Well, at least you came out and said it. Thank you for that at least.

blah blah blah We do not care blah blah blah

We aren't going to get a new wave until after the *********** weekend?

When should I expect my free gameplay time, considering the game is completely unplayable at the moment.

There are only 2 PVP EST servers left, what do you need to monitor exactly? both servers are dead with only 2 possible destinations. Just Transfer us already and cut the BS.

that is completely unacceptable. you couldve transferred the last two east pvp servers and it wouldnt have made a difference.

This completely and utterly ridiculous. Why didn't you just transfer the last two dead pvp east servers yesterday? Our population is dead. Arghhhh

We get that every day will not be the same, its like saying "Terms of use subject to change", it is a cop out.

Answering these two questions will save you guys alot of grief.

1) Is bioware planning to release more then one batch of servers today?

2) Is bioware going to be opening new servers on the weekends (that means saturday and sunday)?

That will make people alot more informed causing less stupidity.

Can we get a few more opened before the weekend here?

Will love you long time for Firaxan Shark transfers!! Or make us a destination server!! Transfer a few east coast PvE servers to us!!!

instead of the mumbo jumbo can we have a deffinitive answer to the question : are u opening anymore servers today?

So you allow ALL of the pvp servers in EU to go to ToFN for "testing" and "monitoring" yet half of the pve servers are left waiting.. alrighty then..

Yes, those of us still stuck on the dead servers wouldn't want impede the play of those who have already been transferred. Makes sense in a kick in the nuts kinda way.

Let's move 25 or 27 East PVP servers and leave 2 out there just for the Hell of it. Yeah, b/c the 20 people left on both the servers will really tip FM or POF over the edge.

Exactly what I said to a friend last night.

OK, so in English, are you or are you not opening new servers for transfer today? A simple yes or no would suffice.

We get that every day will not be the same, its like saying "Terms of use subject to change", it is a cop out.

Answering these two questions will save you guys alot of grief.

1) Is bioware planning to release more then one batch of servers today?

2) Is bioware going to be opening new servers on the weekends (that means saturday and sunday)?

That will make people alot more informed causing less stupidity.

he did answer them, they arent doing transfers until after the weekend.

Leaving people stuck on dead servers over the weekend ...... *sigh* ... but still taking their money - that is NOT the best gameplay experience you can offer.

Seriously - step up to the plate and start being responsible for the mess you've created.

Edited by xandax