Zinda Kent just one shot me.

theSCARAYone

• 1 month later...

Gotta say, the nicknames I have for Zinda Kent dont even hold a place in the deepest circles of hell. That being said, Ive got all the bounty stuff done achievement-wise, now im just grinding slips to buy the vendor stuff.

Its true that if you can surpress the terminate and kill off the adds fairly quickly, she can be fairly easy. But I gotta say I think whoever decided to build her as a boss went way overboard on the "cheeky stuff to keep the fight from being just a DPS exchange" bit.

Im a fan of fights that requires some tacts too. Just DPS back and forth aint really all that fun.

But with Zinda Im not sure whats more annoying. The constant ping-pong stuff, getting chucked off the edge, or constantly wading through a sea of glue.

My char is a mid-to-melee range one (scoundrel) but the moment you give zinda some range, she starts spamming terminate right away, and half my interrupts are outta range or on cd. At least Ive learned to time the XS-flyby to have the adds land in the hurt when they appear, which helps a lot, but if youre on alderaan or tattoine and get knocked off the ledge on the safe side, its a hassle to get back in range, cause my CC-breaker is usually allready on CD.

Im fairly decently geared (not OP-geared, but hardmode geared), and a few times she's flat out easy, most of the time its a nail-bite fight, and some times Im pretty sure they can hear my harsh language in Yemen, even tho I live in Scandinavia. Her terminate doesnt one-shot me, but being a lil on the squishy side I often find myself so low on health, im to be considered dead anyways.

Conclusion; as a rule, I just reset the second I see her name in the mission tracker. She's doable, but im simply not really having fun fighting her, and she aint worth the aggrovation when its so easy to do a different one.

And im probably gonna keep doing this until im getting overgeared, or until the ping-pong bs stops, or until the fight doesnt = being pretty much constantly slowed.

Ill admit I made a blunder tho, in the sense that I built the char to be a dps FP-wise for the guild, I didnt really focus on gearing corso or bowdaar well, so im a bit backlogged on that economy-wise. Risha was my fav comp, and thus got the most attention, but that was before I knew Zinda existed xD

So whatever comes first, be it desired nerfs for the spam-of-annoyance, me getting overgeared or me grinding for tank/healer comp gear, im just gonna boicot that fight lol. At least I wont scare the crap outta the missus when I go F****CK!!!! xD

I like the Zinda Kent fight. I have to be on my toes when fighting her even though I know what is coming. These days, I'm rarely decently geared as a lowbie because I don't feel the gear pinch until Voss. So, Zinda can be a chore if I don't interrupt her Terminate, and watch out for her stun and AOE. Overall, it is a good skills test for me to see how I'm doing.

For those struggling I would recommend fighting her on...is it Nar shaddaa?. (correct me if im wrong.). at least theres no bottomless pit there, and you got that nifty lil box down the walkway to LOS her if you get knocked out to terminate-range, and cant get back to interrupt it in time =)

Can also yield a nice lil pause from her while you burn down the last health on the adds if you didnt get them right away. =) (she usually takes a few seconds to get there, and will be back in range for melee.)

Also, the narrow walkway with a wall on one side lets you fight her back-to-wall, which signifigantly reduces the chances of knockbacks putting the fight in her favor.

Should you still get knocked off, chances are comp might be lost, or you get to fight the adds alone for a while, but youll take some decent fall-damage. Eitherway you might luck out and regain control of the fight, or you might strike out and the fight resets and "all in" will be on cd :/ Ive had both things happen.

Edited by Rullh

I love that fight. It's one of the few that provides a challenge as a geared 55 and I find that fun. That being said, if the oneshot was from full health to zero, I'd say that other factors were at play here than Kent's bad***ery. Edited by errant_knight

It's bounty week again, so I can see why this thread is on the first page again too. ^^

This fight is a PITA. Compared to all the others, there's just too much going on. And I see no good reason why this one bounty should be so much more difficult than the others. And no, "oh I love hard things!" and "lol it is easy if you're awesome" are not good reasons. :p

That said, I have killed her multiple times, but on some characters she is much harder for me than others. Often more trouble than it's worth, IMHO.

This fight is a PITA. Compared to all the others, there's just too much going on. And I see no good reason why this one bounty should be so much more difficult than the others. And no, "oh I love hard things!" and "lol it is easy if you're awesome" are not good reasons. :p

Seriously, Zinda is nothing compared to D-3X. Interrupts are your best friends in this fight.

No idea why everyone hates Zinda. I've never had any problems with her, but then again - I play tanks almost exclusively.

The only henchman bounty I really dislike is that pyromaniac dude. He's pretty tame at the start but when his two friends spawn all hell breaks loose as all three of them chain their enormous pushbacks and all you can do for the next 10 seconds is pick your nose while waiting for them to finish throwing you around like a rag doll.

On the plus side, this will most likely be the last BBA event I'll be attending. I'm out once I get the speeder.

I started doing bounties on my second server, without any presence boosts or an enhanced Heroic Moment, and, yeah, Zinda's probably one of the toughest henchmen(henchwomen?), if not the toughest one. The most annoying thing about her on Dromund Kaas is how she kicks you far down the cliff(if you fail an interrupt), the fight resets and you have to go all the way up and activate the beacon again. Thankfully, an Anni Mara can force-jump on her anytime.

All of the Henchmen are easy to solo.

Heck most of the Kingpin's are easy too (Alderaan, Voss, Ord Mantel, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaadda), only ones I found somewhat challenging are Coruscant and Tatooine.

I'm pretty sure it depends on your class because unlike you - from the point of view of a healer - I find Coruscant quite easy (the only thing you have to care about is not being knocked off to your death) while Alderaan give me issues (especially managing the adds that keep spawning on a set time no matter what).

From easiest to most troublesome to solo I would say (as a note I tried most of them on various classes except one):

- Nar Shaddaa: easiest for any class, doesn't hit hard, no real adds (his copies can die in one hit), no really annoying mechanics (fire and ice can easily be avoided). And above all it's a fun fight (that Cantina Band!).

- Hutta: pretty easy for any class, his CC can be annoying including his Terminate that ends with a knockback but he doesn't hit really hard and the adds are manageable and die quickly.

- Dromund Kaas: fairly easy as she doesn't hurt much, the only annoying part of the fight is her heals that could make it last longer if your DPS is low.

- Ord Mantell: also pretty easy for any class (when the event first occured I unlocked him on a DPS that was undergeared back then and never had an issue). The boss and the adds tend to group up so it is easy to AOE them.

- Voss: very easy on a healer as your tank companion will be the one dealing with her annoying abilities (snare, knockback) instead of you. As a DPS you might be hit by a rocket (which hurts a lot) since you are snared at this time and might not get away in time so bring some heals.

- Coruscant: also very easy on a healer (I haven't tried this one on any other class) since the only thing you have to care about is positionning your tank companion correctly so that he gets knocked in the middle of the platform. But I guess that as a DPS or tank this fight keeps you on your toes and is more challenging since you don't want to be knocked off over the ledge especially when you have to deal with the adds (3 elites that spawn near the ledge).

- Tatooine: the boss definitely hits harder than most of the other bounties and the adds can be an issue as they divert you from the boss. I had unlocked it on a healer whose tank companion wasn't really geared back then (something like a few 156 and mostly Campaign) and which was getting destroyed in no time. Being on a PvP server can also lead to an unwanted encounter.

- Alderaan: this boss also hits harder than the other ones and if your DPS is lacking the adds are going to be an issue (they continually spawn whether you killed the previous wave or not). If you are on a PvP server you might also run in enemy players.

Now keep in mind that gear does a big difference. I am thinking of the Tatooine Kingpin, gearing my tank companion definitely made the fight more manageable as I didn't need to heal it non stop.

Edited by demotivator

The game can lull you into a false sense of security, with so much content you can cruise through using only a handful of abilities and minimal awareness. For tougher fights you have to do more.

1. Interrupt big attacks. Seriously, learn to do this. People will love you.

2. Move out of telegraphed circles and cones etc. Don't assume you can safely eat it.

3. Positioning. Assume any powerful unknown mob has knockback until you know otherwise.

4. Use defensive cooldowns, self-heals etc. You saved them for a rainy day. It's raining.

5. Use you heroic moment (for the HOT if nothing else). You saved this for a typhoon. Cats and dogs.....

6. Use your heals companion. Make sure they keep LOS on you, and they do not have agro. If they are standing in AOE (and hopefully you are not if you heed point #2), briefly put them in passive mode to get them to move to you. Unless of course you yourself are heals, in which case use your tank (or beefiest dps if you don't have a geared up tank). Give yourself the greatest margin of error.

But of all the henchmen Zinda is the best. No question. When I see her name pop up, I look forward to it because it isn't a spam of attacks until she is dead. You have to adjust the fight, interrupt and know what she is capable of. IMO this fight is what most boss fights should be.

And yet... she is a pain in the *****, but there is a certain satisfaction in putting her down.