Allow us to opt out of certain WZ!

Iceband

Is it possible for the devs to add an option that would allow us to NOT participate in same faction or certain warzones? I for one can not STAND playing huttball, its about the dumbest WZ in the game, honestly, I cant stand it...please let us be able to not even get dragged into it...would be a very nice feature.

It's already a pain to que sometimes so im happy to get into anything when i que up. Besides if they did this then ques would start taking immense amounts of time as trying to match groups who are looking for specific warzones would complicate things a ton. Lots of people enjoy huttball so if you opted out of it you may sit in the que all day. Then we'll start seeing all sorts of thread with people moaning about long que times.

It's already a pain to que sometimes so im happy to get into anything when i que up. Besides if they did this then ques would start taking immense amounts of time as trying to match groups who are looking for specific warzones would complicate things a ton. Lots of people enjoy huttball so if you opted out of it you may sit in the que all day. Then we'll start seeing all sorts of thread with people moaning about long que times.

so lets just keep forcing ppl to join random wz just to leave right before it starts cuz he didn`t like that wz. btw if lots of ppl enjoy huttball what s the prob means they`ll be happy we should all stay sad just to keep u and few others happy?

so lets just keep forcing ppl to join random wz just to leave right before it starts cuz he didn`t like that wz. btw if lots of ppl enjoy huttball what s the prob means they`ll be happy we should all stay sad just to keep u and few others happy?

Your response is completely unreadable, but what i infer is that you hate huttball and are annoyed anyone else likes it? It's also not just a "few". In fact theres another thread right now with people bemoaning how it doesn't pop often enough. I dont care either way if you or anyone else likes it or not. In the end warzones are random because it allows faster ques and a general sense of higher enjoyment by not being forced to play the same WZ constantly.

If you had this option all you would be accomplishing by selecting only your one or two favorite zones would be limiting the matches you could join because they didnt garner a large enough group. You could test this by doing flashpoints because that does allow you to choose. Que up and pick only your favorite and see how long it takes to get a group together. Warzones are minutes anyway, so what's the big deal that you play through 10 mins of a match, get the rewards and then reque. You're going to spend 10 minutes queing and bouncing anyway hoping you end up in the one you want. It's not like warzones give different rewards depending on the match like FPs and ops do.

Oh and i enjoy huttball because its a quick smash and grab zone. It's a small area that forces you to fight your way through and run around like a mad man. It's fun, instead of bouncing next time try screaming headlong into the fray.

Edited by nogoer

Your response is completely unreadable, but what i infer is that you hate huttball and are annoyed anyone else likes it? It's also not just a "few". In fact theres another thread right now with people bemoaning how it doesn't pop often enough. I dont care either way if you or anyone else likes it or not. In the end warzones are random because it allows faster ques and a general sense of higher enjoyment by not being forced to play the same WZ constantly.

If you had this option all you would be accomplishing by selecting only your one or two favorite zones would be limiting the matches you could join because they didnt garner a large enough group. You could test this by doing flashpoints because that does allow you to choose. Que up and pick only your favorite and see how long it takes to get a group together. Warzones are minutes anyway, so what's the big deal that you play through 10 mins of a match, get the rewards and then reque. You're going to spend 10 minutes queing and bouncing anyway hoping you end up in the one you want. It's not like warzones give different rewards depending on the match like FPs and ops do.

Oh and i enjoy huttball because its a quick smash and grab zone. It's a small area that forces you to fight your way through and run around like a mad man. It's fun, instead of bouncing next time try screaming headlong into the fray.

So how is your gameplay affected by allowing players the OPTION to select their favorite Warzone? If they want to wait longer to pop in a que, what business is that of yours? You can continue with your pot luck gameplay while others who would normally bounce out on you in three seconds are waiting for something else. It's a win for both side.s

Eh, in games that have done this I've gotten bored with them a lot faster tbh. Playing the same map over and over might seem awesome because you like it now, but it would get old fast.

So for the players that get bored with it, they can just check off for every Warxzone. I'm still waiting for a good reason not to implement this.

Even though it's not the main topic of your thread, you do mention it in your OP. I'd love to select whether or not I play both factions or just the opposing one.

As for selecting certain warzones to exclude from the Q...I don't see that working well until they add more maps. If they were to do that then I could see this working. I don't see it working out very well until then though honestly.

Edited by Master_Nate

So for the players that get bored with it, they can just check off for every Warxzone. I'm still waiting for a good reason not to implement this.

Here's your reason and it's the same one that also affects my gameplay. If the majority of people queing when im playing are all opting for a few specific warzones and i don't prefer any of them then i'm affected because i keep having to play the ones i dont like or i never get to play because i picked WZs that never pop. What you will undoubtedly end up with is a reduced set of warzones based on the current likes/dislikes of the people queing. This is EVERYONE having to defer to the wants of some, even if it is the majority at that time due to the selected zones they want to play.

Let me put it this way. If you like to play at say, 8pm on Monday night and we now all have this option to opt out of certain WZs and the crowd at 8pm Monday seriously enjoys huttball and only selects that one are you prepared to always play it? All of you asking for this option need to be prepared for that possibility. Just because you don't see huttball as a popular zone doesn't mean it isn't and you better be prepared to end up deferring to the majority or not playing at all.

So you can have your opt out and the issues with it or you can have it random, deal with occasional huttball and never have to worry about getting into WZs. Maybe BW just needs to do some tweaking to the randomizer engine or stop making it random and have it a rotation instead so you never do the same map twice in a row.