The REAL Most Powerful Force Users - Rebooted

Beniboybling

"He's more powerful than any known Jedi,"

Obi wan during his discussion with the ghost of Qui Gon Jinn.

I would agree with Beni then. I think it's open to interpretation and is superseded by other levels of canon (if we worked in the old canon system).

Anyway, I'll be back later. Gotta go.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Nominations for number 3, for me.... are Vitiate, Yoda, Caedus, and Plageus, Mother Talzin Only logical. Vitiate is the most powerful from OR, Yoda the strongest Jedi Pre-Luke, and Caedus the most powerful at Luke's time and Plageus is Sidious Master and potentially right behind him in power, Talzin's ability against RoTS Sidious would also naturally place her as AT LEAST a candidate for this next spot...... If there was another I would think about MAYBE trying to add to the list it would be Krayt or Cade Skywalker (likely Cade), but I dont know and they come from yet another time period, so they should be at least considered.

My nomination pattern will likely be very similar. Once ONE of the 5-6 are eliminated the next "most powerful" behind them from the same era will be who I Nominate (example if Vitiate is 3, I will likely Nominated Exar Kun, if Yoda is Chosen, potentially adds in Windu to the nominations for 4 or, if Caedus is chosen Vader is added to the list... so on and so forth you guys get the idea)

Edited by tunewalker

OK, so I think we are in agreement on Sidious as well, because its relevant I may as well link some good respects threads I found, quite a lot larger in scope that Silver's threads that cover multiple incarnations of the character.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/tpm-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/100444/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rots-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101088/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/rotj-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread-1619836/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/de-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101798/

And for the sake of formality:

Final Verdict #2: Darth Sidious

Well that was a fun practice round, now to get down to buisness. :D

Edited by Beniboybling

OK, so I think we are in agreement on Sidious as well, because its relevant I may as well link some good respects threads I found, quite a lot larger in scope that Silver's threads that cover multiple incarnations of the character.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/tpm-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/100444/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rots-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101088/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/rotj-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread-1619836/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/de-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101798/

And for the sake of formality:

Final Verdict #2: Darth Sidious

Well that was a fun practice round, now to get down to buisness. :D

Feels like we should have just skipped #1 and #2. :p

On to #3 then. I promote Yoda. His performance against Sidious, in particular, is one reason why he should be placed there.

On to #3 then. I promote Yoda. His performance against Sidious, in particular, is one reason why he should be placed there.

Seconded (can't wait for the fun part around 6-10).

Edit: In the prequels he was past his prime anyway, right?

Edited by cs_zoltan

Seconded (can't wait for the fun part around 6-10).

Nah, 4 or 5-10 is going to be the fun part. Can't wait to put Plagueis above Vitiate. :p

Anyway, if we need it, I have a long list of feats and stuff for Yoda that I had prepared for this. So I'll post it if I need to.

Edit: In the prequels he was past his prime anyway, right?

Yes, he was past his prime about 200 years before the prequels.

Edited by Aurbere

I would say 3rd... though I have other nominees. Yoda as the "most powerful wielder of light" pre-luke and his ability to stand up against RotS Sidious, who even by then was the most powerful Dark Sider of all time, its hard to ignore the little guy's power.... Edited by tunewalker

I would say 3rd... though I have other nominees. Yoda as the "most powerful wielder of light" pre-luke and his ability to stand up against RotS Sidious, who even by then was the most powerful Dark Sider of all time, its hard to ignore the little guy's power....

Well, who are the other nominees? If there is some contention, we may be able to finally test these comparisons.

Feels like we should have just skipped #1 and #2. :p

Well Yoda is the only feasible Jedi candidate for the #3 spot, given his accolades:

Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

The only real individuals that can contend with him are Sith. On that note I would only suggest Caedus considering he was able to contend with Grand Master Skywalker, and the majority of the abilities he has displayed are pretty much unprecedented, I also believe its strongly suggested that he could have even surpassed Luke Skywalker in time.

I wouldn't put forward the Sith Emperor personally as I stand by my conclusions that Caedus > the Sith Emperor (Legend proof to boot), not that I don't think we can discuss that. But yeah, those would be my two suggestions.

Well Yoda is the only feasible Jedi candidate for the #3 spot, given his accolades:

Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

The only real individuals that can contend with him are Sith. On that note I would only suggest Caedus considering he was able to contend with Grand Master Skywalker, and the majority of the abilities he has displayed are pretty much unprecedented, I also believe its strongly suggested that he could have even surpassed Luke Skywalker in time.

I wouldn't put forward the Sith Emperor personally as I stand by my conclusions that Caedus > the Sith Emperor (Legend proof to boot), not that I don't think we can discuss that. But yeah, those would be my two suggestions.

I was thinking of Caedus as well, but my first thought is Yoda. Well, at least we'll be able to run up a comparison on them. :D

Nominations for number 3, for me.... are Vitiate, Yoda, Caedus, and Plageus, Mother Talzin Only logical. Vitiate is the most powerful from OR, Yoda the strongest Jedi Pre-Luke, and Caedus the most powerful at Luke's time and Plageus is Sidious Master and potentially right behind him in power, Talzin's ability against RoTS Sidious would also naturally place her as AT LEAST a candidate for this next spot...... If there was another I would think about MAYBE trying to add to the list it would be Krayt or Cade Skywalker (likely Cade), but I dont know and they come from yet another time period, so they should be at least considered.

My nomination pattern will likely be very similar. Once ONE of the 5-6 are eliminated the next "most powerful" behind them from the same era will be who I Nominate (example if Vitiate is 3, I will likely Nominated Exar Kun, if Yoda is Chosen, potentially adds in Windu to the nominations for 4 or, if Caedus is chosen Vader is added to the list... so on and so forth you guys get the idea)

The other candidates are here... for ease of use....

They are as follows (in no particular order)

Vitiate

Caedus

Plaegus (totally spelled it wrong)

And Mother Talzin

Reason's being of course, that they are the others to either contend directly with Sidious at one point to a degree, (Talzin/ Plaegus) or the next most powerful of their Age, (caedus, Vitiate). In this case "feats" werent entirely considered, only where they may stand in relation to the members already on the board. "feats" and debates... is what the THREAD is for... Yes?

Edited by tunewalker

The other candidates are here... for ease of use....

They are as follows (in no particular order)

Vitiate

Caedus

Plaegus (totally spelled it wrong)

And Mother Talzin

Reason's being of course, that they are the others to either contend directly with Sidious at one point to a degree, (Talzin/ Plaegus) or the next most powerful of their Age, (caedus, Vitiate).

I don't agree with your conclusions concerning Talzin, Galen Marek arguably did better against Sidious, and he was on level with Vader, I think that gives a much better idea of where Talzin ranks, not too high, and not here.

I don't agree with your conclusions concerning Talzin, Galen Marek arguably did better against Sidious, and he was on level with Vader, I think that gives a much better idea of where Talzin ranks, not too high, and not here.

We will see, just because they are nominee's does not mean they land any where on the top 10... they are simply Nominee's :D, and when one falls... another shall take its place.

I personally agree Yoda should be next... but be aware when he is added. Another shall take his place along side these as a potential candidate for the list... even if that person never makes it. It is just how I have decided on how to nominate. Let the group sort it out but nominate all potential candidates. :D

Edited by tunewalker

Nah, 4 or 5-10 is going to be the fun part. Can't wait to put Plagueis above Vitiate. :p

Anyway, if we need it, I have a long list of feats and stuff for Yoda that I had prepared for this. So I'll post it if I need to.

Yes, he was past his prime about 200 years before the prequels.

Well technically 4 or 5 is around 6 :D

We will see, just because they are nominee's does not mean they land any where on the top 10... they are simply Nominee's :D, and when one falls... another shall take its place.

I personally agree Yoda should be next... but be aware when he is added. Another shall take his place along side these as a potential candidate for the list... even if that person never makes it. It is just how I have decided on how to nominate. Let the group sort it out but nominate all potential candidates. :D

Well we are only nominating three for comparison, Talzin doesn't cut it. :p