Is this thing on?

TaitWatson

Honestly, I would consider PVE and story the same thing...

Well, true that there's no story content in PvP, but "this dude is evil, go to this planet and kill him, once a week for the next four months" isn't quite the same as "terrorists have planted a bomb underneath Kaas City, be a dear, would you?"

Or maybe I just miss Mr. Freed and the Agent story :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Amber isn't stepping down is she? :(

Nope! Amber has accepted a different position at BioWare Austin and is now a Live Producer! She's still around, just behind the scenes.

Welcome! Will you be doing patch notes from now on as well?

I will be taking over the Patch Notes, but not immediately. Sometime in the next week or two they will be transitioned over to me.

Welcome! Not all of us are sharks ;) Quick question, now that you are doing the job that Amber did, will you be in charge of doing the Companions 101 blog? Any change when that will return?

Hi there!

I am actually the person in charge of our blog content, including the Companions 101 blogs. We do plan on doing more blogs of that type. Stay tuned, we have some very fun in lore things coming your way for the site!

Dear Tait

Nice to meet you, so..

Dreadseed Helmet, Master Hunter's Headgear(bba rep vendor) missing voice modulation.

Kallig's Countenance, Emperor's Brain Mask, and the old Columi Sith Marauder helmet models rebroke and never were fixed to work under hoods like they were originally. (I CAN PROVIDE PICTURES WITH PROOF)

Saber Throw doesn't stay attached to the Color Crystal equipped to the player's weapon.

Marka Ragnos's Crown for male body types has our head stick out from the Back.

Flourish is still broken, it still sheaths our weapons then the weapon flies out, and you guys added emote text, so now when people do it, it spams the chat box. (same with legacy /knight etc why you guys decided this I'll never know.)

No One explained why the HK-51 customization was removed from the Oricron Rep vendor. after the first hour of game launch.

Investigator's Chestpeice and the Pathfinder Chestpiece still have a Double Hood. (And so does Darth Marr's NPC)

[insert a picture of me crying with a lightsaber through 1st grade and college here]

Edited by Magnusheart

Hi there!

I am actually the person in charge of our blog content, including the Companions 101 blogs. We do plan on doing more blogs of that type. Stay tuned, we have some very fun in lore things coming your way for the site!

Can you go nudge Eric and tell him to nag the Executive Producer until he tells us what's on tap for the new year? Its been far too quiet and I think Eric might still be hung over from the holidays and need a bit of a nudge... :rak_03:

Hi there!

Seriously? Wow, considering it's been months, I had expected that the Companion blogs (and other lore-related stuff) had been discontinued (because of the end-of-story announcements.)

Seriously? Wow, considering it's been months, I had expected that the Companion blogs (and other lore-related stuff) had been discontinued (because of the end-of-story announcements.)

Agreed. Felt like killing off the most advertised part of this game. lol.

Edited by Magnusheart

Hi there!

Arg... I knew it was either you or Amber. Stupid college has turned my brain into a bowl of Jello (Or Darth Baras' gut. ;) Still, I'm glad to hear about that! The Lore is what I love most about this game!

Dear Tait

Nice to meet you, so..

Dreadseed Helmet, Master Hunter's Headgear(bba rep vendor) missing voice modulation.

Kallig's Countenance, Emperor's Brain Mask, and the old Columi Sith Marauder helmet models rebroke and never were fixed to work under hoods like they were originally. (I CAN PROVIDE PICTURES WITH PROOF)

Saber Throw doesn't stay attached to the Color Crystal equipped to the player's weapon.

Marka Ragnos's Crown for male body types has our head stick out from the Back.

Flourish is still broken, it still sheaths our weapons then the weapon flies out, and you guys added emote text, so now when people do it, it spams the chat box. (same with legacy /knight etc why you guys decided this I'll never know.)

No One explained why the HK-51 customization was removed from the Oricron Rep vendor. after the first hour of game launch.

Investigator's Chestpeice and the Pathfinder Chestpiece still have a Double Hood. (And so does Darth Marr's NPC)

[insert a picture of me crying with a lightsaber through 1st grade and college here]

You left off the Imperial Battle Ace Helmet that moves the air mask awkwardly when talking.

Hey, you might want to clear up if you're Female or Male, just for reference... I thought Tait was female (no offence if male) but just curious.

It's only an issue if... Tait... thinks it's an issue. It's just more polite to refer to people you don't know by their surnames, but not without their titles, because that's rude. Is why I said "Ms. Watson". Also Lucy Liu is awesome.

I don't want to derail Tait's thread, but since a few of you have brought up the Companion blogs and story, I thought I would address it real quick.

One of my goals this year is to bring more lore and story to SWTOR.com. As I said earlier this means blogs like the Companions 101 and our "Search for Oricon" blog, which was written from the perspective of Jonas Balkar from the Trooper storyline. This was something we had started around Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry, but plan to do a lot more of this year. I am extremely passionate about story and will do my best to bring you more lore in our Community Team projects.

Aaaand now back to Tait!

I don't want to derail Tait's thread, but since a few of you have brought up the Companion blogs and story, I thought I would address it real quick.

One of my goals this year is to bring more lore and story to SWTOR.com. As I said earlier this means blogs like the Companions 101 and our "Search for Oricon" blog, which was written from the perspective of Jonas Balkar from the Trooper storyline. This was something we had started around Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry, but plan to do a lot more of this year. I am extremely passionate about story and will do my best to bring you more lore in our Community Team projects.

Aaaand now back to Tait!

I only wish the game developers would do the same thing with regards to the actual game and the class stories. :(

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Nope! Amber has accepted a different position at BioWare Austin and is now a Live Producer! She's still around, just behind the scenes.

I will be taking over the Patch Notes, but not immediately. Sometime in the next week or two they will be transitioned over to me.

Great! Looking forward to your take on the patch notes. We loved Amber's humor when writing those patch notes so hopefully that is something that gets carried over as well. If not no biggie :D

Aaaand now back to Tait!

woohoo more lore :D

Hey everyone!

My name is Tait Watson and I am the newest member of the Community team here at BioWare Austin! I will be taking over a number of the things that Amber Green did previously, so I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself before you started seeing me show up on the forums. One of the many things I will be doing (and the part that will be most apparent) is gathering information for the development team through the Bug Report forums, so you will primarily find me hanging out in there.

I have been gaming for the better part of 20 years, and I have been playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ since its launch. I’m a huge PVE fan, and tend to spend a lot of time doing Flashpoints and Operations, but I also compete in my fair share of Warzones. I have way too many alts, but I’m okay with that!

It’s such an honor to be able to work on something that I’ve been following for so long, and it’s going to be amazing getting to come into work with the team here in Austin and interacting with all of you on the forums.

I look forward to hanging out with you all!

- Tait

Welcome! :)

And, according to linked-in.. it would indeed be Mr Watson, I presume. :D I like what I see in your resume.

Been waiting to see who the new person would be since Amber got her new gig!

You will find us (the collective community) a bit of a challenge from time to time, but it's actually a pretty good forum community these days. Still...watch your fingers and toes IMO since we do get some "grumpy snapper role players" from time to time. :p

Anyway...again....welcome. :) We can benefit from having a Watson on staff I think...it raises the perceived collective intelligence of us all.... I guess we can thank Sir Arthur Canon Doyle for that. :p

Edited by Andryah

Hey everyone!

My name is Tait Watson and I am the newest member of the Community team here at BioWare Austin! I will be taking over a number of the things that Amber Green did previously, so I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself before you started seeing me show up on the forums. One of the many things I will be doing (and the part that will be most apparent) is gathering information for the development team through the Bug Report forums, so you will primarily find me hanging out in there.

I have been gaming for the better part of 20 years, and I have been playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ since its launch. I’m a huge PVE fan, and tend to spend a lot of time doing Flashpoints and Operations, but I also compete in my fair share of Warzones. I have way too many alts, but I’m okay with that!

It’s such an honor to be able to work on something that I’ve been following for so long, and it’s going to be amazing getting to come into work with the team here in Austin and interacting with all of you on the forums.

I look forward to hanging out with you all!

- Tait

Welcome!

Amber isn't stepping down is she? :(

Good to hear :cool: