An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Hey LegoUniverseBC,

Never fear - The Relics of the Gree Event will still be recurring! You will have a chance to get your Blue Sphere Vehicle.

With more monthly occurring events. will you guys be specifying which month does what in a more longer term calendar. I've done almost everything to do with the Gree Event by week 3. Love to work on the Bounty Hunter Event, and the yet to be announced return of the Rakghoul one knowing when they come out with a longer information of the event's return in the months ahead.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the update, I have been looking forward to more information, as I was starting to feel like I might as well go F2P.

Probably gonna keep my sub running for this content. Bounty Hunter event and PVP stuff sounds like something I wouldn't want to miss.

I would also very much like it if you would provide information about long term stuff.

I 'grew up' in wow and they always give info a year or so in advance so people keep the buzz going, and that imo is very important to any game. My wish would be a REAL expansion like 10 levels higher cap, lots of new planets and especially more class/companion story content, more factions to grind rep with, more FPs, OPs, WZs etc.

I'd much rather have an expansion of a grand scale that you could charge say 50$ for than 4-5 smaller Makeb like updates at 10$.

Like the update and info here thanks. Just one teeny weenie request...please move nightmare SV back 2 weeks. Guilds are still dealing with Nightmare TFB and its length of time required to clear still. We need time to take a nap so we can get to testing out nightmare sv for you:P

I appreciate the update Bruce. Can I call you Bruce? :)

I think building in a schedule of recurring events is a good move. But don't forget to shake things up every once and a while.

- Arcada

Hello everyone!

Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, Commendations, and Reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association.

I really hope you don't make us go around collecting 2minute load screens.

Actually, we already have bloom in the game, we just keep it pretty subtle. Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.

Pretties are appreciated...as long as they don't make our computers go into convulsions :)

Warzone ARENAS huh? Hmmm....very interesting! I hope that ends up being what I want it to mean. I'd love an arena where the primary objective, was PvP focused.

Agreed. Really wondering how the Dread Masters figure into PvP. Darn it, I'm getting excited! :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by Master-Nala

Please stop scheduling events the same week as major gaming conventions. I missed almost all of the August event last year because it was scheduled with GenCon, and so is this Bounty Hunting thing.

I was listening to Otinicast and they said that BW said that old "tiers" used to use color to (paraphrasing) distinguish your epeen. A podcast is the closest I'll get to endgame ops gear so idk but the shimmer/glow in the new dragon gear. As soon as I heard that, I thought it could be the new graphics upgrade and this seems to confirm it.

I have no idea but hope it is an affect that mere mortals or at least mortals with CC can effect.

What?

Double XP Weekends! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three sessions of double XP, beginning with this weekend

NOOO!!! I'm working the first weekend and on vacation the next 2. Clearly this is Bioware's fault and I demand compensation in the form of 5 million in-game credits and 10,000 CC.

But in all seriousness: will there be another weekend in the fall or winter?

Edited by rbaratheon
Formatting

And AGAIN whiners commenting in an unrelated thread (this was about releases in the FUTURE, not issues now) about something off-topic. (sigh).

One would assume a official generalized "Summer of SWTOR" update thread would contain something about what a large portion of players are waiting for that has been slated for release during said summer. God forbid some of us want information, you better get the group together for the stoning.

Edited by EliteHippie

Lots to be excited about! :D

BUT why no update or mention of (insert trivial, irrelevant non-issue that, despite my posting about it every other day and it being addressed by the devs elsewhere, I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to post it again here)? :mad:

I'm most interested in "new flashpoints" - note plural. I know details of one brand new flashpoint have been datamined (Titans of Industry?) but wondering if there will be more than one new content FP?

If this involves retuning more existing FP to level 55 then I'm ok with that as long as it comes with at least one new new FP, but when retuning can we please have a set of FP tuned to a higher level than the current 55's. Lets face it, most PUGs are facerolling those by now. Let's have either NIM 55 FP or Tier 2 55 HM FP (LI KuS ++)

Actually, we already have bloom in the game, we just keep it pretty subtle. Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.
Will you also bring back the Gamma slider you removed around Game Update 1.4 without a patch note stating so? I really miss it, especilly when gaming by the pool in the sun where I need to ramp the gamma up!

Also, will the graphical updates finally allow you guys to implement/reactivate a toggle for chat bubbles?

Why are chat bubbles and other essential role-playing tools not being addressed in the summer of SWTOR plans?

What is the target date for chat bubbles??

What happened to this basic promised feature in which almost all MMO's currently have?

Bioware, whats the status of chat bubbles?

Stop ignoring this issue and toss us a bone Bruce...........

Edited by Krull-

Why are chat bubbles and other essential role-playing tools not being addressed in the summer of SWTOR plans?

What is the target date for chat bubbles??

What happened to this basic promised feature in which almost all MMO's currently have?

Bioware, whats the status of chat bubbles?

Stop ignoring this issue and toss us a bone Bruce...........

It's a very small minority issue, I'd rather they address important things.

By continuing to add more and more PVP and PVE content? I highly doubt that will ever end.

But fixing a social/chat overhead issue should be an issue that needs to be addressed.

Add chat bubbles Bioware!

Sadly, this. I feel for the RP community, but they probably are the minority. Although chat bubbles are fun for PvP too.

Sorc bubble... with chat bubble! You can talk to the idiot who's still whalin' on you :D you could do /say, but there's not guarantee that they'll see it.

On another note... 2.4 has me super excited! Can't wait for more info.