Barsen'thor vs Hero of Tython

rngeasterling

JK is like a military leader, JC is more political leader. JK kills important stuff, JK is the elite commando of the Jedi / Republic. JC however brings a new alliance to the Republic, tons of fresh troopers to the field.

Eventually both of them do important stuff which is desperatly needed to the Republic. However the JK storyline seems more heroic and better written.

Like in case of Nox vs Wrath, where I pick Warth, in this case too I pick Hero of Tython.

Are you just picking the second option each time?

Personally I pick the Barsen'thor, yes it's a silly name, the the Jedi Consular brings in several factions under the Republic banner, while performing a number of missions that weaken the Empire, he also saves the entire Jedi order from the control of a Sith Sorceror who possesses others (Plague master). These might not be an epic adventure exactly, but they do help turn the course of the war back to the Republics favour.

the barsen'thor is WAAAAAAY more powerful in the force compared to the hero of tython,he could have done the same things the hero did,but,well...you know,they had to give people the big good guy hero that saves the galaxy with his classic star wars combat style.

Personally I pick the Barsen'thor, yes it's a silly name, the the Jedi Consular brings in several factions under the Republic banner, while performing a number of missions that weaken the Empire, he also saves the entire Jedi order from the control of a Sith Sorceror who possesses others (Plague master). These might not be an epic adventure exactly, but they do help turn the course of the war back to the Republics favour.

The JC saves the Jedi Order. The JK saves the WHOLE freakin' Galaxy. Yep, Barsen'thor no doubt. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well actually I am picking equivalent classes. But it is not just that. There are very strong arguments that support my choice. Hero defeated the most powerful force user at that point. While Wrath wouldn't be Wrath if he couldn't even deal with a single council member (Nox).

I do agree with hero of tython, I would like to think it's a little more even than it first seems, but there's just not as nearly as much evidence to the barsen'thor''s capabilities as there is for the knight.

Could the consular kill the emperor's voice? Sure, but he never has actually done it, so we'll never know.

As close to canon as you can get, the knight is better.

Was going to avoid all the vs. threads, but this one is interesting.

Assuming Sage and Guardian...

I'd say that the Consular is more powerful in the Force, while the Knight chanells what power he does have directly into practical combat skills. I think Knight wins the fight while actually being weaker in the Force.

In both Act 1s,

Both the HoT and Barsen'thor save the Jedi Order, one by killing a Darth attacking Tython, the other by breaking the Jedi free from MC.

Using Act 1 is near-pointless, since both actually do the same thing. :)

Sorry but no...

The HoT saves from destruction both Tython and Tatooine, on the first act(!!!) alone. You did notice what Angral did to Uphrades, right?

So no, they don't do actually the same thing. One does far more than the other.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In both Act 1s,

Both the HoT and Barsen'thor save the Jedi Order, one by killing a Darth attacking Tython, the other by breaking the Jedi free from MC.

Using Act 1 is near-pointless, since both actually do the same thing. :)

and if we're gonna throw act 2 and 3 into the mix let's be honest here..

The Jedi Knight's act 3 achomplishment pretty much renders the Jedi Councelor's act 3 achomplishment irreielvent.

Ohh gee, this guy saved us all from the posessed agents of the Emperor.. well screw him, that other guy killed the Emperor anyway"

The JC saves the Jedi Order. The JK saves the WHOLE freakin' Galaxy. Yep, Barsen'thor no doubt. :rolleyes:

Nope. JK is the victim of the Emperor's great scheme. His class story ending is just a big bluff. Yes JK kills an important person in the Empire - just like JC - but he is far away from saving the whole galaxy.

Nope. JK is the victim of the Emperor's great scheme. His class story ending is just a big bluff. Yes JK kills an important person in the Empire - just like JC - but he is far away from saving the whole galaxy.

I have played the SW storyline and last time I checked, nothing in the e-mail sent to the Wrath implies that the Emperor's Voice allowed itself to be defeated by the JK. There was no scheme there, unless you have a source near the Bioware writing team who can clearly state otherwise.

In other words, apologies but your reasoning is wrong. In that particular period in time, the HoT did save the Galaxy.

I have played the SW storyline and last time I checked, nothing in the e-mail sent to the Wrath implies that the Emperor's Voice allowed itself to be defeated by the JK. There was no scheme there, unless you have a source near the Bioware writing team who can clearly state otherwise.

In other words, apologies but your reasoning is wrong. In that particular period in time, the HoT did save the Galaxy.

you also have no evidance the hand was telling the truth. I mean there's plenty of motivation for the hand to lie to the wraith about the facts here.

Thanks for thee feedback guys! Sorry that the original question was a bit short and to the point, I had to post it on my kindle and its super difficult to type one-handed. Alright, back on topic. Lets all assume that the knight...

Only killed the voice since I do believe that it would be kind of dumb for Bioware to kill off their big bad guy so early into the game.

Sorry but no...

The HoT saves from destruction both Tython and Tatooine, on the first act(!!!) alone. You did notice what Angral did to Uphrades, right?

So no, they don't do actually the same thing. One does far more than the other.

Yikes, touched a nerve, did I? :p

They both saved the Jedi Order,

one by saving the planet the Order was trapped on,, the other by defeating a Sith Lord that was taking control of Jedi minds across the galaxy. I, in fact, did notice what Angral did to Uphrades.

In essence, both saved the Jedi Order. So, yes, it's essentially the same thing. ;)

The Jedi Knight's act 3 achomplishment pretty much renders the Jedi Councelor's act 3 achomplishment irreielvent.

Ohh gee, this guy saved us all from the posessed agents of the Emperor.. well screw him, that other guy killed the Emperor anyway"

Ok, I hate to be "that grammar guy", but you are using a machine that an autocorrect any actual word in the known English language. Please use it. :)

On your actual point,

I fail to see how my Knight killing the Sith Emperor means that the Empire's spies all just gave up and went home. The SW's note explicitly stated that the Emperor is not dead. Therefore, rooting out his Children, who all have psychological connections to him, is all the more important, especially when one of them was on the Jedi Council.

So you see, the JK doesn't invalidate the JC's accomplishments, especially since

the JC is responsible for keeping an important alliance with the Republic, thereby gaining the allies necessary to free Coreilla.

:)

/5char

Edited by drfumblez

Except...

JK not killed the Emperor. He killed the Voice of the Emperor which is a huge accomplishement, truly - but not the end of the war. This fact makes JC accomplishements more important: JC finds out who is the First Children and beats him. And Kira's last companion mission also points that the Emperor's Children are really-really important.

JK and JC are equally important imho.

Edited by Merras

you also have no evidance the hand was telling the truth. I mean there's plenty of motivation for the hand to lie to the wraith about the facts here.

You have no evidence that says otherwise. Until you do, let's stick to what we see in the actual game, shall we? :D

Yikes, touched a nerve, did I? :p

They both saved the Jedi Order,

one by saving the planet the Order was trapped on,, the other by defeating a Sith Lord that was taking control of Jedi minds across the galaxy. I, in fact, did notice what Angral did to Uphrades.

In essence, both saved the Jedi Order. So, yes, it's essentially the same thing. ;)

Again, they do not...

Since you apparently fail to point out that the HoT is able to avoid the destruction of Tatooine, not to mention Tython. One thing is saving the order, while the other, quite DIFFERENTLY, is saving planets from destruction, either similar to what happened to Uphrades, either similar to what happened to Malachor V.

So once more, it's not the same thing. Feel free to stay in denial though. All the same to me. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You have no evidence that says otherwise. Until you do, let's stick to what we see in the actual game, shall we? :D

Again, they do not...

Since you apparently fail to point out that the HoT is able to avoid the destruction of Tatooine, not to mention Tython. One thing is saving the order, while the other, quite DIFFERENTLY, is saving planets from destruction, either similar to what happened to Uphrades, either similar to what happened to Malachor V.

So once more, it's not the same thing. Feel free to stay in denial though. All the same to me. :rolleyes:

maybe you should understand that even the smuggler could have saved tatooine.

the consular gained an important alliance for the republic and defeated the empire's sleeping agents,killing a host body of a big bad guy isn't a big feat,i could give the edge to the knight if he KILLED the actual emperor,but nope,just a host with a fraction of the emperor's actual power.