PvP Quiters

Lord_

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!

My remark was not directed at those that are in recruit gear specifically.

The PvE green, recruit, or even WH, that do not understand the objectives of the WZ and go running off leaving the rest of their team, who are trying to play to objectives in the lurch.

My comment was directed at those that do not understand the objectives of a WZ and I included numerous gear levels and not just those in recruit gear.

As for their actual gear, there is no real reason for anyone to show up in PvE gear, at all. You receive a letter in the mail stating that you can get free recruit gear.

For those in recruit gear, I really don't care as long as they seem to know what they are doing. Hell, I've seen people in WH gear that still don't know how to play to the objectives of a WZ.

I just quit in matches. It doesn't take a college degree to immediately know when you are outmatched.

Civil war, 2 go left and the other 6 people including me get destroyed in middle due to whatever reason (more times than not it is dps letting healers free cast and never focusing any particular enemy). I will give it one more concentrated effort to know my team has no idea what to do and then it is off to grass to AFK until the match is over.

In those situations, I offer to let one of the defenders go and have fun.

"No, you go, I REALLY don't mind guarding the node."

I quit on 3 occasions:

- if during the initial countdown it's obvious our team will lose

- something IRL comes up (rare, but happened the other day, sadly in a winning situation)

- when I'm put in a lost match as a backfill

Other than that I can always grind a few medals.

This is exactly my philosophy.

BW needs a cross server pvp que and needs to seperate the premades from the pugs before they start penalizing players for quiting. If they add that penalty now it will put the final nail in the cofin for pvp in this game.

Take it a step further...

1) Open up Ranked to 4 Man's

2) Slot groups by Valor or Expertize or PvP Rank (whatever eventually makes sense) so they side are approximately balanced

3) Once Ranked is Open to 4 Man's remove Conversion of Warzone Comm's to Ranked Camm's. You want Ranked Gear play ranked.

why it ruins your match? you get another ppl ... if ppl dont have fun they quit, is it bad? they pay for fun, or ?

I've actually played WZs where some idiots rage quit, we get some competents to backfill and then win. This is most common in CW/NC where we get 3 capped and then the rage quitters leave.

Of course it is more common to lose those matches that start out with an enemy 2-3 cap but some of them turn into close matches and some of those close matches turn into wins.

Some folks enter WZ, see the team composition and quit because of bad composition (e.g. 4 healers, 3 tanks and 1 DPS). This often gives the team a better chance of drawing to an improved composition.

Rather than punishing quitters, I think we should reward back fillers who stick it out.

Take it a step further...

1) Open up Ranked to 4 Man's

excellent idea.

2) Slot groups by Valor or Expertize or PvP Rank (whatever eventually makes sense) so they side are approximately balanced

3) Once Ranked is Open to 4 Man's remove Conversion of Warzone Comm's to Ranked Camm's. You want Ranked Gear play ranked.

(2) the "what ever makes sense" is the key phrase. The goal is to have more competitive contests and fewer one sided contests.

(3) meh, you are essentially saying "make the gear grind harder, rather than easier". I don't like grinds so I'm not thrilled with this idea.

4-man x 2 for rated is a great idea. It is one of many low hanging fruit ideas BW could implement to make WZs better. Another idea BW has mentioned and I want to advocate for is 8v8 challenge matches. These matches would not give match rewards but would allow players to:

• organize tournaments
  • put together practice matches
  • work around the absence of intelligent match scheduling.

Compared to cross server queuing, challenge matches are simple to implement: There is some new UI needed but once players are loaded into the match, no new code is needed.

TANGENT: most needed small improvement -- reconnecting disconnected players in rated WZ. This is really important for working around the problems of the internet. Losing a player for 2 minutes is much easier to bear than losing him for 80% of the match.

excellent idea.

(3) meh, you are essentially saying "make the gear grind harder, rather than easier". I don't like grinds so I'm not thrilled with this idea..

Not Exactly. What I'm saying is if you want top ranked gear run in top ranked WZ's. Right now Ranked is broken; there is hardly any teams queuing. If you're only source of ranked comms is ranked WZ then more people would roll ranked. This will help balanced non-ranked by pulling they geared players out of the queue creating more balance. Plus as long as you get four medals, you get Ranked Comm's faster in Ranked PvP than by converting so theoretically the grind is actually less.

Would you rather have someone who obviously doesn't want to be in that match and on your team, most likely someone forced to stay won't give it everything... or a new player that would actually put forth some effort towards a win?

I say let them leave.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

there is talk of even doing 2 v 2 ranked and 4 v 4 ranked death matches would be interesting to see i think.

Take earlier i went into a Wz with 3 guys with 13k health some were wearing level 37 green gear even, I am not staying around in a match which could potentially take 15 minutes To watch a massacre.

Would you rather have someone who obviously doesn't want to be in that match and on your team, most likely someone forced to stay won't give it everything... or a new player that would actually put forth some effort towards a win?

I say let them leave.

I have no problem with people who quit, other than the fact that it's habitual and all guiters should only be grouped with other quilters.

My main gripe is that I'm ALWAYS the person who backfills and I'm sick to f-ing death of coming into the last 2 minutes of a game and not having enough time to get more than a medal or two. And half the time the remaining team is already hiding so if you want to play its 5+ on 1.

Quitters are stabbing the next player in the back and there needs to be something done about it. Either buff the backfills or debuff the quitters. I think the best solution is to adjust the queues based off how often people quit. If you backfill you get put into Balanced match ups (pug vs PUG, premade vs premade, equal gear or valor) Rage quitters go into pugs fighting premades, gear imbalanced games, bad team compositions, etc.)

Or an easier time implement option is that rage quitters can't get back in the queue till the teammates they abandoned get back in the queue.

I don't have problems with quitters that do it up front. See which WZ it is, don't like it, or don't like the player composition for some reason, and quit right away. Fine by me. I get a little irked when someone quits 2 seconds before the start, after sitting there for the full minute and a half, thus guaranteeing you start a man down. Even worse when a "team" does it, leaving your 2 or more men down.

I hate hate hate hate and hate some more those who quit with like 30 seconds left, so that I get to backfill just in time to see the final blow and/or the score screen. :mad: On the other hand, today I had one of those, and then followed it up with about 7 straight wins, finishing my weekly and then some, so maybe karma does work? :)

Edit: you know, I just realized with the suggestion above about adjusting the queues based on amount of time players quit - they could put "habitual quitters" (however you define that) into the F2P mode - don't F2P people already get put at the back of the queue? I only think they should do this if they let us choose WZs. I don't dislike any WZ enough to quit, but I know there are people who do, and I don't really think they should be penalized for not wanting to play a specific WZ.

Edited by Banderal

My remark was not directed at those that are in recruit gear specifically.

My comment was directed at those that do not understand the objectives of a WZ and I included numerous gear levels and not just those in recruit gear.

As for their actual gear, there is no real reason for anyone to show up in PvE gear, at all. You receive a letter in the mail stating that you can get free recruit gear.

For those in recruit gear, I really don't care as long as they seem to know what they are doing. Hell, I've seen people in WH gear that still don't know how to play to the objectives of a WZ.

Ah okay. I miss-read and apolgise. I too get upset at players that make no effort to learn their class or the objectives of the game, regardless of their gear. It just really annoys me that people expect players to be in anything other than recruit (maybe some WH) right off the bat when it is impossible to be anything but.

Since launch, I've never quit a warzone (other than being d/ced by EAware's glorious engine).

But now I actually consider doing it:

The reason is that since last Friday, 50% of my teams had at least one player in PVE gear with zero expertise.

Several times, there were multiple zero expertise players on the team and 100% of those wzs were lost.

All crafter a-holes farming warhero gear to RE for stabs, but don't bother to wear any themselves.

This is ruining PVP faster than the smashmonkey epidemic!

Since Bioware does everything else wrong for PVP, they probably will put a penalty in for quitting. I can't believe people still play this game's PVP actually. 10-49 it's bearable but at 50 it's an absolute joke. You are better off just deleting your character at 50 and re-rolling. If you play in groups you actually only have to play through once on each side to see most of the stories in this game (you just can't see the holoterminal scenes in the ships).