Please fix FP's so bosses cannot be skipped.

I have a healer and tank at 50 and do hard modes everyday with both, and if someone in the group wants to do a bonus boss or watch the conversations idm in the least. I mean we're talking an extra 15 minutes, that you would more than likely just spend standing somewhere on the fleet if you did skip the content. At least now you're actually doing something.

I am getting very frustrated trying to gear up in fp's. I ask politely to not skip bosses and people just don't care. What's the point of putting bosses in if you are just going to allow players to skip them? I even got kicked from a couple fp's for asking twice to do a boss. Unreal.

I have all Black Hole Gear Mods and nothing in any Flash Point has any value. I only want the coms so I can gear up my companions with Black Hole gear. So if you want to kill everything you can do it without my healer, tanks , or dps.

So, your telling me that IF I use the GF I have to entertain all of their needs? Ok I got it. And you wonder why tanks are rare in queue....

So, you're telling me that IF they use the GF they have to entertain all your needs ? Ok, I got it. And you may wonder why many people think what they think about tanks.

oh no, some people skip bossess so they can finish the fp 10 seconds earlier...

The universe is comming to an end!!

IF someone wants to do an extra boss for gear or something, just do it. You would be amazed how well you will be rewarded and happy.

Or unless this game is degenerating to a "Me, me, Me" state...

And think of it, if you wre in his position, would you not want the same?

Treat others like you would love to be treated. And you will feel alot better!

Indeed, I tend to skip as much as I can, but if I see player in recruit who wants to stop and kill a bonus boss to get some tioniese, I dont even answear, I just go for the boss. sometimes when I'm grouped with 2 weak dpses spamming number 1 all the time, and healer who complains he has to heal me ( I do denova hm with that tank lol) I preffer to skip all and let this nightmare end asap (as I dont like to bail on people, even on jerks).

Rather than pointing fingers at other players, the real problem is the poor design by the developers. Fully geared 50's need daily HM's for the BH comms, but get nothing else from the FP's. Why not add something of value for everyone? Make unique mounts drop from all of the bosses. Or create an exchange so maybe 25 tionese crystals = 1 BH comm or whatever.

Rather than pointing fingers at other players, the real problem is the poor design by the developers. Fully geared 50's need daily HM's for the BH comms, but get nothing else from the FP's. Why not add something of value for everyone? Make unique mounts drop from all of the bosses. Or create an exchange so maybe 25 tionese crystals = 1 BH comm or whatever.

The exchange idea is good.

So, you're telling me that IF they use the GF they have to entertain all your needs ? Ok, I got it. And you may wonder why many people think what they think about tanks.

Your logic is flawed. Just because you want to kill a boss but you lose out on the majority of votes doesn't entitle you to get it done. It is not your right. You lost a roll, you will either obey the decision made or leave. As simple as that.

My main is a tank. Whenever I enter a LFG HM FP I always ask, "Speed run or kill all bosses?" 9 times out of 10 it's a speed run, but that one time I am always happy to help a player gear up. If another group member is not happy with my decision to help another player they can leave. But 9 times out of 10 they don't. I wonder why? Maybe it's because the extra five minutes it takes to kill the "optional" bosses is not worth risking a long queue.:p

That is what too many players fail to comprehend - it only takes a minute or two to kill a boss.

Your logic is flawed. Just because you want to kill a boss but you lose out on the majority of votes doesn't entitle you to get it done. It is not your right. You lost a roll, you will either obey the decision made or leave. As simple as that.

First, you may have missed it, but I was responding to this:

So, your telling me that IF I use the GF I have to entertain all of their needs? Ok I got it. And you wonder why tanks are rare in queue....

If you look at the entire post, you'll see Pancakes bolded the word "everybody" and then objected to that, read the wording, crearly implying that regardless of him being the majority or minority, he wants his way.

Second, how is not someone's right to play the content of a Flashpoint ?

First, you may have missed it, but I was responding to this:

If you look at the entire post, you'll see Pancakes bolded the word "everybody" and then objected to that, read the wording, crearly implying that regardless of him being the majority or minority, he wants his way.

Second, how is not someone's right to play the content of a Flashpoint ?

It is only your right when you get a group that accepts killing that boss you want dead mate. You can't scream your lungs about that boss that you presume have a right to kill when the rest of the group will want to speed the content

It is only your right when you get a group that accepts killing that boss you want dead mate.

ORLY ? If something can be given or denied at someone eles's whim, then it's not a right. That sounds more like a priviledge.

And I disagree. Playing the content of a flashpoint is not a priviledge that someone in the group can give or deny.

If a speed run is agreed, like really agreed rather than imposed by the tank's or healer's threat of leaving the group, then it's fine.

ORLY ? If something can be given or denied at someone eles's whim, then it's not a right. That sounds more like a priviledge.

And I disagree. Playing the content of a flashpoint is not a priviledge that someone in the group can give or deny.

If a speed run is agreed, like really agreed rather than imposed by the tank's or healer's threat of leaving the group, then it's fine.

As I said, you will either get them to agree, or you will leave. You can scream your lungs and cry unfair all you like, if I don't want to do what you want to do and threaten the group to leave (which I don't but depends), and the group makes a decision to not do it, sucks to be you. You either will move on or you will leave. Calling "not fair?" at the end will only net you a few laughs. Who said life is fair.

As I said, you will either get them to agree, or you will leave. You can scream your lungs and cry unfair all you like, if I don't want to do what you want to do and threaten the group to leave (which I don't but depends), and the group makes a decision to not do it, sucks to be you. You either will move on or you will leave. Calling "not fair?" at the end will only net you a few laughs. Who said life is fair.

Oh, but I know this. :)

Everytime I hit the "queue" button I'm well aware that I could find nice people and jerks, all mixed up. Friend's list for the former, ignore list for the latter.

But definetely this doesn't mean the game shouldn't be improved to discourage the jerkiiness around.

Edited by wainot-keel

IF someone wants to do an extra boss for gear or something, just do it. You would be amazed how well you will be rewarded and happy.

Or unless this game is degenerating to a "Me, me, Me" state...

And think of it, if you wre in his position, would you not want the same?

Treat others like you would love to be treated. And you will feel alot better!

I'm a Tank and I agree with this. Everybody in the group should be considered equally, and it's fairly obnoxious to consider DPS reasons for being there less important than those playing other roles. Most FP bosses can be steamrolled by those who no longer need to do them anyway, so it would not hurt to help one of your teammates out. Unfortunately the game doesn't entail a setting to adjust other player's attitudes, so a system like this might work where human nature fails.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.

I am in all Black Hole gear so why would I spend more time in a FP on no rewards other then cash or wipe?

Answer reward the person with something worth spending the time in a FP fighting a Boss.

Example kill all the Boss in a FP and get a cash bonus or item or roll on something worth having like gear or ride.

(I could care less about pets)

I am getting very frustrated trying to gear up in fp's. I ask politely to not skip bosses and people just don't care. What's the point of putting bosses in if you are just going to allow players to skip them? I even got kicked from a couple fp's for asking twice to do a boss. Unreal.

If this is happening in 1-49 then well that just sucks. If this is happening at 50+ either run with friend or your just using luck to see what happens. 50+ is normally people trying to bang out a daily. Really your going to get the most or better gear trying to throw a quick 8 man run of EV HM or EC story-mode, with some well gear friends.

It wasn't so long ago when you were ONLY getting a single COLUMI piece in a HM FP from the final boss, all other bosses were dropping 1-2 tionese crystals ( + 1 tionese item from 2nd boss ? and another tionese item from a bonus boss ? ). The only exception to this was Kaon which dropped a 2nd columi token from the bonus boss before that was "fixed".

People who have been playing this for a while now are:

1. used to skipping bosses as they were a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

2. have already cleared these FPs ( and killed all of the bosses, including the bonus ones ) countless times

3. Do NOT need anything but the 5 BH comms

Also you have to consider that the other 3 people in you group have the right to an opinion just as you do. Same applies to skipping conversations -> if the other 3 ( the majority ) want to skip but you keep wasting their time then obviously you will get kicked.

It wasn't so long ago when you were ONLY getting a single COLUMI piece in a HM FP from the final boss, all other bosses were dropping 1-2 tionese crystals ( + 1 tionese item from 2nd boss ? and another tionese item from a bonus boss ? ). The only exception to this was Kaon which dropped a 2nd columi token from the bonus boss before that was "fixed".

People who have been playing this for a while now are:

1. used to skipping bosses as they were a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

2. have already cleared these FPs ( and killed all of the bosses, including the bonus ones ) countless times

3. Do NOT need anything but the 5 BH comms

Also you have to consider that the other 3 people in you group have the right to an opinion just as you do. Same applies to skipping conversations -> if the other 3 ( the majority ) want to skip but you keep wasting their time then obviously you will get kicked.

I might add that if you do Story mode Ops and HM Ops then you gear twice as fast while also doing Dailies.

I have geared up 4 50s very quickly this way. Skipping bosses is much faster and gets me gear quicker.

Tweaking the FP design to make them not skippable could be tricky and it might take some time.

People acting like dirtbags because of the skipping are doing so not only because they're rolling a tank (or to a lesser extent, a healer), it's because they get the BH comms regardless of how they behave themselves.

You skip bosses, you get 2 comms, you kill the "mandatory" ones, the 5 we currently get, you kill the bonus boss as well, 6 total. Something like that. There will much less skipping this way.

I like this idea, maybe put all the real bosses drop a BH com and reduce the group finder reward to two or three. :)

Like this, some of the HM FPs via group finder would take 10-15 minutes longer and it would give 2-3 BH coms more.

As a side product, new people might learn to play faster if they would have to encounter more bosses and people would care about killing them neatly.

Edited by Ruskaeth

As a side product, new people might learn to play faster if they would have to encounter more bosses and people would care about killing them neatly.

It would also allow you to get as many BH comms as you want in a day, which is something that I doubt the devs really want to do (since, you know, they attached the BH comms to a daily quest rather than the basic reward for completing). If the devs don't want players to skip bosses, it's not like it's exactly outside of their capabilities to force players to do so explicitly (requiring all bosses as part of the FP quest, not just a few).

I dont understand how you guys group with 3 other people you have NEVER seen before and expect things out of them.

Clearly, anyone who joins your group is obligated to pull every boss and do every bonus boss because this content hasn't been out for more then 6 months. Clearly, since the tank and heals joined your group, they are your tour guides of the starwars galaxy and responsible for your gearing of your character....

This thread is redic, run the flashpoints and perhaps ask people politely before the first pull if anyone is intrested in Bonus bosses/non speed run.

Personally as a fully campaign geared tank, i enjoy the occasional full run of a flashpoint, its fun and im getting to help someone see content. Waiting at whatever boss and not skipping it and demanding people cater to you is kinda rude too.