Jedi Robes????

Wiffydog

You cry for a robe now but you'll be dieing to remove in a few levels. I got my first very early around 10-11 from Essels. Every Jedi Guardian/Sentinel robe from that point up until my current level (28) that I've seen so far is hooded. I'm so bored of it. If we atleast had the option to put it down that would be awesome. There's just not a lot of variety in the gear for Jedi anyway. I think Troopers and Smugglers look cool and they always look different. I just hope in future patches they give Jedi more variety when it comes to their robes.

You cry for a robe now but you'll be dieing to remove in a few levels. I got my first very early around 10-11 from Essels. Every Jedi Guardian/Sentinel robe from that point up until my current level (28) that I've seen so far is hooded. I'm so bored of it. If we atleast had the option to put it down that would be awesome. There's just not a lot of variety in the gear for Jedi anyway. I think Troopers and Smugglers look cool and they always look different. I just hope in future patches they give Jedi more variety when it comes to their robes.

I agree, horay for quick to find robes! boo that I have to always be hooded with hooded robes unless I'm wearing a helm (which often defeats the point as to WHY I want the hood down) or playing a Twi'lek (and even then, putting on a hooded chest removes whatever headband I've picked for some reason...)

but for the OP, it will be nigh-impossible NOT to find some form of robe or cape before leaving corusant, assuming you do all the side missions (even if you are a soloer, the gree questline ends with an orange robe you can keep and upgrade to cap.)

Edited by Foefaller

One of the best quests for a chest/robe (orange) at around Cor is Trouble In Deed heroic, unless you get ones from Essels. I still use it modded at 28 because of the style (Sent hooded cape). This is a level 15 heroic.

The rewards from that quest had way better models back in beta.

The gree questline in Coruscant rewards an Orange (modable) robe, though as people have already pointed out is hooded :mad:, Im currently using a trooper orange armor which I modded with JK mods, looks pretty sweet because it has a little tunic like end at the back which of reminds me of Kenobi's armor in the Clone Wars series :cool:

• 1 month later...
You cry for a robe now but you'll be dieing to remove in a few levels. I got my first very early around 10-11 from Essels. Every Jedi Guardian/Sentinel robe from that point up until my current level (28) that I've seen so far is hooded. I'm so bored of it.

^^^ This.

Taking down hoods is coming in the near future according to the devs... but for now listen to this guy. You will be begging for non-hooded gear. In the mid-20s I actually bought an orange smuggler jacket (medium armor), stripped out the mods, and modded it up and used it for like 4 levels because I just got so sick of not being able to see my character's whole face in conversations. 90% of the gear Sentinels get (and probably a similar amount of Guardian gear) is robes with hoods or some variant thereof. Some of the look really awesome and very Jedi-ish, but it gets tiresome after a while.

So... be careful what you wish for. First hooded Jedi-looking robe I got, I said, "YES!!!" and loved it. 15, 20 levels later, EVERY piece of armor is hooded... and I started getting tired of it.

Right now I have two sets of orange gear modded up for my (female) Sent... one of them is the sexy "Aayla Secura" looking thing (Apsiring Knight's vest and pants or something like that), and one is a cloaky/hooded deal. I swap them out for variety every now and then (for example, on Hoth, I use the cloak/hood -- walking around in a bikini doesn't make much sense on an ice world).

Anyway, our point here is... don't wish too hard for hooded Jedi robes. You'll be begging to get away from them before you know it.