ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

Gantoris_Aym

When? they were equals in combat, and the RotS novel makes it clear he(Dooku) could have dispensed with Anakin multiple times in their duel.

Go back and reread the fight between Dooku and Anakin and you will see who was in control of it. Yes Dooku was going to let Anakin win but he planned on not losing until he decided it was the right time. By no means did he plan on getting his hand chopped off and disarmed in a fluid movement, and then soon after decapitated. Dooku throughout the fight was 100% over confident and was duped into thinking he had the upperhand.. both Jedis started off using there un-mastered forms and quickly switched over putting Dooku in a tough position.

In Anakins "one on one moment" he 100% controlled the fight and this was when he was at his very best.

Movie Canon > Novel Canon

The movie shows Dooku getting overpowered and disarmed in the fight. His facial expression also showed unanticipated defeat.

Does colored font make your opinion more valid?

Edited by cupofwater

As far as I can judge, with Anakin beating Dooku, he was the third most powerful Jedi at the time of Ep.III with Yoda and Mace roughly equal at the top, then Anakin, then Obi-wan close behind. Obi-wan did not beat Anakin through his own skill or power, Anakin just got pig headed and mad a stupid mistake, one even Obi-wan told him not to make. Mace would not "own" Anakin and it would still be a hard fight, but Mace would eventually come out on top. However, if Anakin had sustained none of his injures on Mustafar and grew to his full potential, he would have been more that twice as powerful and Mace or Sidious, and there would be no contest between them.

For whoever said that it was canonically confirmed that Sidious was not actually trying against Windu in order to further bend Anakin's will to the dark side, I'd like to say in turn that this was /not/ canonically confirmed, and if it was, I'd like to see the proof.

For those saying that Windu would beat Kenobi, I find this hard to accept, but easily debatable. While it can be said that Kenobi would have lost against Maul had Maul not bragged toward the end and let his guard down as he did, Kenobi still did take Grevious one-on-one, beat Anakin, and accomplished all he did by mastering one of the most basic saber forms there is. Not to mention, while Windu could have been being modest, in the ROTS novel he did give implication to Kenobi's being a better duelist than he himself was. But then, I could be misinterpreting that where he actually was saying -potentially- better. But to shorten that, I think to say Windu would flick Kenobi away is idiotic, and their match would be one unpredictable.

As for Anakin, I do think that Windu would beat him. It would be a tough fight, but Windu really is more experienced than either him or Kenobi, and the fact that he /did/ invent and master a form of saber combat that would turn any other Jedi to the Dark Side is nothing to be taken lightly.

For whoever said that it was canonically confirmed that Sidious was not actually trying against Windu in order to further bend Anakin's will to the dark side, I'd like to say in turn that this was /not/ canonically confirmed, and if it was, I'd like to see the proof.

For those saying that Windu would beat Kenobi, I find this hard to accept, but easily debatable. While it can be said that Kenobi would have lost against Maul had Maul not bragged toward the end and let his guard down as he did, Kenobi still did take Grevious one-on-one, beat Anakin, and accomplished all he did by mastering one of the most basic saber forms there is. Not to mention, while Windu could have been being modest, in the ROTS novel he did give implication to Kenobi's being a better duelist than he himself was. But then, I could be misinterpreting that where he actually was saying -potentially- better. But to shorten that, I think to say Windu would flick Kenobi away is idiotic, and their match would be one unpredictable.

As for Anakin, I do think that Windu would beat him. It would be a tough fight, but Windu really is more experienced than either him or Kenobi, and the fact that he /did/ invent and master a form of saber combat that would turn any other Jedi to the Dark Side is nothing to be taken lightly.

Theres just one problem with that though, yes Mace did invent his own form however that didn't make him immune to the drawbacks of it. I seem to recall someone posting, about the ROTS novel that Windu was boarding lining darkside because it was using Palpatine's own darkness against him(or something to that effect). Now Mace could probably win, but then if he did I really doubt he would be a jedi at the end of it all because of Anakin's emotions being so very high I doubt he would be able to contend with all those emotions being drawn into him.

I say probably win because the only reason, Obi-Wan won against Anakin was because he was THE master of Form 3, not to mention he knew Anakin better then anyone. Mace however, doesn't and those were two key points in which aloud Obi-Wan to win.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Anakin, he pretty much was a jedi master in skill by ROTS and seeing as Mace isn't THE master of Form 3 he wouldn't be able to defend for long against Anakin's wailing with his form. Sure Mace uses Vapaad but Anakin's anger would probably push Mace over the edge and cause him to turn to the darkside as well seeing as he was boarder lining it with Palpatine. Plus Anakin defeated Dooku, who couldn't be defeated by Mace unless one of them got the drop one eachother. And yes I know Palpatine didn't beat Mace...but were talking about Anakin here, who was a master with his lightsaber form Palpatine was more in tune with force powers then lightsaber combat(though he was skillful in that regard too.)

Mace was a master of all 7 forms and created one of them. Let me tell you here.

In Saber Combat, Mace beats most if not all but Luke Skywalker. As fanboyish as that sounds, you really need to read up on him. His ability with Shatterpoint and Vapaad makes him an unstoppable force.

In Force Combat, he would still beat ROTS Anakin because of Shatterpoint. Not sure about Vader, but ROTS Anakin yes sir ee.

Mace spars with Yoda to a draw yet, he can't even use Vapaad correctly against Yoda because Yoda is light-sided. This is why he can beat Anakin. Vapaad channels the user's Inner Dark Side and the Opponent's Inner Dark-Side and using that to fuel the user's attacks.

Mace is THE Master of Vappad like Obi-wan is THE master of Soresu.

Edit: Again, sparring with Dooku. He Couldn't use Vapaad in its prime against light-siders! And he sparred with Dooku when Dooku was Jedi. And he'll be sparring with raging geese!

Edited by BrandonSM

In Saber Combat, Mace beats most if not all but Luke Skywalker. As fanboyish as that sounds, you really need to read up on him. His ability with Shatterpoint and Vapaad makes him an unstoppable force.

In Force Combat, he would still beat ROTS Anakin because of Shatterpoint. Not sure about Vader, but ROTS Anakin yes sir ee.

Mace spars with Yoda to a draw yet, he can't even use Vapaad correctly against Yoda because Yoda is light-sided. This is why he can beat Anakin. Vapaad channels the user's Inner Dark Side and the Opponent's Inner Dark-Side and using that to fuel the user's attacks.

I've read up on him, like in my previous post I said probably would win so I changed my view somewhat but even if he did win I doubt he would still be a jedi anymore.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Theres just one problem with that though, yes Mace did invent his own form however that didn't make him immune to the drawbacks of it. I seem to recall someone posting, about the ROTS novel that Windu was boarding lining darkside because it was using Palpatine's own darkness against him(or something to that effect). Now Mace could probably win, but then if he did I really doubt he would be a jedi at the end of it all because of Anakin's emotions being so very high I doubt he would be able to contend with all those emotions being drawn into him.

I say probably win because the only reason, Obi-Wan won against Anakin was because he was THE master of Form 3, not to mention he knew Anakin better then anyone. Mace however, doesn't and those were two key points in which aloud Obi-Wan to win.

So? I don't think it matters if he turns dark...

Edit: ^The way I posted sounds a little, I apologize. But no longer being Jedi may be a necessity, though I doubt it. He was borderlining the Dark Side against Sidious. Sidious was (As described by Dooku) a blackhole of the Force and yet he still didn't change completely that fight. And Anakin wasn't "barely" dark-sided at ROTS time.

Edited by BrandonSM

So? He'll lose because he turns dark during the fight?

I didn't say that.

Edit: Even so, Anakin does have huge emotions backing him up. But then I am going off of, if this is a fight right after Mace beats Palpatine and he then fights Anakin so what he already absorbed into himself, Anakin would only make it worse.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I didn't say that.

Edit: Even so, Anakin does have huge emotions backing him up. But then I am going off of, if this is a fight right after Mace beats Palpatine and he then fights Anakin so what he already absorbed into himself, Anakin would only make it worse.

If he beat palps, I'd be pretty damn sure he'd already be dark-sided.

I mean he had an Ezekiel Look in his eye when he was about to cut down Palps in the movie. "I'm going to end this once and for all!" Doesn't sound like the Mace we know... It would be an almost immediate destruction of Anakin.

Off-Topic kind of: Mace's shatterpoint ability saw Anakin as the ultimate weakness for the destruction of the galaxy as soon as The Battle of Genosis. I think in the RoTS Novelization or Shatterpoint novel, Mace thought about killing him to stop everything bad happening. because his ability allowed him to see that allot of things revolved around Anakin. But he only thought about it...

Edited by BrandonSM

If he beat palps, I'd be pretty damn sure he'd already be dark-sided.

I mean he had an Ezekiel Look in his eye when he was about to cut down Palps in the movie. "I'm going to end this once and for all!" Doesn't sound like the Mace we know...

Ya, guess thats true.

You raise fairly good points. But his 'boarding lining darkness' was nothing new, and the fact that he has done so much using a form where he needs to give himself into it and enjoy the battle credits him greatly. I don't believe he'd turn to the dark side, honestly, in all his years, all his experience, all his control, I doubt it.

As for Obi-Wan, I do believe that he won through superiority of skill and greater experience, however his knowing Anakin for so long did give him an edge, as he'd know Anakin's style of fighting well. So kudos on that one!

I didn't say that.

Right after Mace fought Sidious, Anakin would have eaten him for breakfast. Mace would already have been exerted and worn out. But I believe the implication was a fresh duel.

Go back and reread the fight between Dooku and Anakin and you will see who was in control of it. Yes Dooku was going to let Anakin win but he planned on not losing until he decided it was the right time. By no means did he plan on getting his hand chopped off and disarmed in a fluid movement, and then soon after decapitated. Dooku throughout the fight was 100% over confident and was duped into thinking he had the upperhand.. both Jedis started off using there un-mastered forms and quickly switched over putting Dooku in a tough position.

In Anakins "one on one moment" he 100% controlled the fight and this was when he was at his very best.

Movie Canon > Novel Canon

The movie shows Dooku getting overpowered and disarmed in the fight. His facial expression also showed unanticipated defeat.

I'm going to ignore your childish attack and move on to the actual topic at hand.

I think you just answered your own question, if he could finish Obi-Wan in the space of under a minute, the same Obi-Wan who was a master of defensive combat, I think it's easy to say, any time he wanted he could have engaged Anakin with his full mastery of Makashi, but eventually he had just taken too long to realise what was actually about to happen.

Right after Mace fought Sidious, Anakin would have eaten him for breakfast. Mace would already have been exerted and worn out. But I believe the implication was a fresh duel.

Though! The OP never did quite state clearly, if this was ROTS jedi knight Anakin or ROTS sith lord Anakin. I know its really a minor thing, but just thought i'd point it out.

Edit: Again, sparring with Dooku. He Couldn't use Vapaad in its prime against light-siders! And he sparred with Dooku when Dooku was Jedi. And he'll be sparring with raging geese!

How do you guys know mace created a form, how do you know all of these forms, and where can I find out about them?

Though! The OP never did quite state clearly, if this was ROTS jedi knight Anakin or ROTS sith lord Anakin. I know its really a minor thing, but just thought i'd point it out.

It makes a huge difference to me, Vader had a very different combat style, regardless of it being the same form, he was using Shien by the time he was battling Obi-Wan, Shien is a far more aggressive version of Djem-So.

Not only that but Pre-Mustafar Vader was still very clearly emotionally compromised.

Against the likes of Obi-Wan and Windu he is simply outmatched by experience.