Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

I think we should take a few bets on how long it takes for CS to actually respond to this with something other than "its a known issue"

We know its known we need a solution to a bug that this game should never have been launched with in the first place

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other MMO's don't have bugs that effect only one classes progression. This problem exists because Bioware is too greedy and would rather release a game with known bugs just so they can start collecting subscription cash sooner. If its a KNOWN issue, before launch, how does it still exist. I was in beta since summer and I have them many warnings. If they lose there community they deserve it.

You people threatening to quit over bugs in an MMO launch seriously have no perspective. This was a good launch and maybe they just haven't found the cause yet. It's Bioware doing the coding, they are solid. I'm sure this is a top priority, unless there is something more serious. I have a level 40 bh and I'm upset too, just try to keep the video game butthurt to a minimum its really immature even for the internet. One thing with MMOs is that bugs like this one will get fixed. Not so much in the average game.

Do we want it fixed ASAP? Yes.

Is it unacceptable? Yes.

Does **** like this happen in every MMO released to date? Yes.

Deal with it. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you won't. Or threaten to quit, knowing that you will. Or just quit. If they knew what was causing it exactly, it would be fixed by now. . . Fixing logic errors is 95% figuring out what the hell is really going on besides "Oh if I choose light side it doesn't happen."

Well thanks to this thread, I just completed Act 3 and didn't get bugged. I chose to side with the Chancellor and kill Darth Tormen, even though I've been fully Dark Side up to that point. It felt awkward throwing a huge wrench in my character's story, but at least I can continue playing the game.

Summary: Choose not to kill the Chancellor, and you're fine. It's still a stupid bug that needs to be fixed.

Other MMO's don't have bugs that effect only one classes progression. This problem exists because Bioware is too greedy and would rather release a game with known bugs just so they can start collecting subscription cash sooner. If its a KNOWN issue, before launch, how does it still exist. I was in beta since summer and I have them many warnings. If they lose there community they deserve it.

Sad but very very true fact. They caved to the pressure of their investors and now the customer is paying for it...

Edited by doodirock

Still no more news/eta on when this is going to be fixed? When each daily nets you 10k credits and you haven't been able to do them for 5 days, it really hurts the potential amount of creds I could have right now :mad:

I know the feeling, all I want to do is progress with the endgame, but instead I have to watch as others progress through Ilum with their dailies. Makes you wonder why you bother putting the time in and paying for a subscription.

The silence of the CS and Dev's speak volumes about what they think of their new community.....

So funny I see the same arguments about the developers being greedy in EVERY support forum in EVERY game. Go look for yourself. So all developers are greedy. All developers are bad but you still buy their games so it must be acceptable.

Game breaking bugs at launch? How about the game not even WORKING for anyone at launch, which has happened multiple times.

So what the bug was known in beta? Doesn't mean they found out the exact cause. And by that i mean the CODE. I have read earlier parts and as soon as someone posts the section of code that has the logic error I will eat my *********** hat.

It's not as simple as saying "oh, you choose darkside or neutral, there is the bug, fix it." They probably haven't figured out where the problem is in the millions of lines of code this game contains. Use your brain. You have no clue. Flame on.

@Jikhan

Millions of lines of code? You think they start at the beginning? They have been given a recreation for the bug which means their debug machines show them exactly what is wrong.

This is likely not a developer issue but instead a production one, whereby the have assigned the wrong priority to the issue as it was endgame issue and unlikely to have an impact at launch.

If a game breaking bug is reported in September I would expect it to be fixed come the end of Dec

Also you say we continue to buy their games despite us saying they are greedy? Did I willingly buy this game and know that there was a game breaking issue at level 50, no i didnt. If I did I wouldnt be posting on these forums.

Edited by Meluna
insult

@Jikhan

Millions of lines of code? You think they start at the beginning? They have been given a recreation for the bug which means their debug machines show them exactly what is wrong.

This is likely not a developer issue but instead a production one, whereby the have assigned the wrong priority to the issue as it was endgame issue and unlikely to have an impact at launch.

If a game breaking bug is reported in September I would expect it to be fixed come the end of Dec

Also you say we continue to buy their games despite us saying they are greedy? Did I willingly buy this game and know that there was a game breaking issue at level 50, no i didnt. If I did I wouldnt be posting on these forums.

So very true. This idea of "millions of lines of code" is incredibly unrealistic and far from factual. This is a KNOWN bug from well over 5 months ago. It has been tagged and sent to BW millions of times over the coarse of their beta. The real reason it has not been fixed is simple priorities. They fix early level stuff first because it has more of a player base behind it. This only goes to show how rushed the game was.

Starting areas and missions (which are priority one) still are not fixed and game breaking issues like this are far far off in the distance. Why do you think flash points, operations, and end game are so insanely broken. It wasn't even testing in Beta....

Edited by Meluna

Brilliant, well at least I know CS are reading this thread as I received a warning for calling someone a idiot.

I am sorry you are not an idiot (you are simply just wrong), I apologise to the CS for wasting their time for warning me, why not reply to the thread instead and give us an update on the issue?!

Actually not true, end game was tested in beta.

Depends on what you call testing. I was in beta for 5 months and if you call having week of premade lvl 50s that was completely broken and only a small handful of 50s reaching max level before being wiped CONSTANTLY then yes it was "tested".

Depends on what you call testing. I was in beta for 5 months and if you call having week of premade lvl 50s that was completely broken and only a small handful of 50s reaching max level before being wiped CONSTANTLY then yes it was "tested".

I am sure though that they had an internal test team that would have tested this? Also when it comes to testing from an internal perspective (speaking from experience) main stories and the many paths they can take will have been tested.

Even if only a critical path was taken for speed from 1 - 50 with us being an Imperial class the darkside options should have been a priority (this bug will have been seen internally).

This again reeks of priority. I don't blame the internal test team or development, this would have been a production decision. They would have taken accountability for this issue in order to get it launched.

Standard test practice dictates that you assess Risk and Priority and and assign in a RPN score or something similar (risk priority number usual A x B x C). This bug has simply been ignored in order to get the title launched and to be fixed at a later date.

Sucks to have experienced this bug and have to watch my friends do their dailies and progress through the rather good Ilum storyline.

What Mauridius said, you really don't think they had an internal testing team?

What Mauridius said, you really don't think they had an internal testing team?

You were'nt even speaking to that issue in your last post. Of coarse i think there is one but clearly they're not doing a very good job and that is what this whole thread is about. Heck I almost wish they didnt have an internal team. At least then they would have an excuse...

You were'nt even speaking to that issue in your last post. Of coarse i think there is one but clearly they're not doing a very good job and that is what this whole thread is about. Heck I almost wish they didnt have an internal team. At least then they would have an excuse...

Huh? Beta testing, internal game testing its still game testing and its a bit lame to presume that they wouldn't have encountered it themselves - that in combination with the beta testers they invited from the player pool makes it impossible to miss, especially since players from the beta testing did confirm that they encountered it months ago.

Edited by Nemonia

Huh? Beta testing, internal game testing its still game testing and its a bit lame to presume that they wouldn't have encountered it themselves - that in combination with the beta testers they invited from the player pool makes it impossible to miss, especially since players from the beta testing did confirm that they encountered it months ago.

What point are you even arguing? Cause this is exactly what I'm saying.... They have PLENTY of people who knew about this bug and its still not fixed.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just extremely confused.

What point are you even arguing? Cause this is exactly what I'm saying.... They have PLENTY of people who knew about this bug and its still not fixed.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just extremely confused.

Could say the same thing to you, cause what you brought up earlier was pointless. You don't know how many players found that bug in the beta.

Edited by Nemonia

Could say the same thing to you, cause what you brought up earlier was pointless.

Um, no I was commenting on something you said, IE responding to the idea that end game was tested in any serious manor. Which is was not...

Anyway, I'm done here. I just hope they fix this class quest in the next few days. Troll on.

Um, no I was commenting on something you said, IE responding to the idea that end game was tested in any serious manor. Which is was not...

Anyway, I'm done here. I just hope they fix this class quest in the next few days. Troll on.

Sure, feel free to back that up with some information other than your own opinion since your trying to refer to facts and claims.

Edited by Nemonia