Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then go ahead and watch jerry springer eps while you wait. anything that works for you. i was just suggesting an option while you folks wait for BW to do something, while at the same time enjoying the game. i just thought maybe doing quests, heroics, warzones and flashpoints with players is more fun than sitting in fleet with your decked toon doing nothing.

or if camping the forums hoping for some immediate response from BW also gives you entertainment, i guess this works too.

Doing ANYTHING is better than having to suffer through fixing a problem myself. I'm paying for this service and Bioware should be the one fixing something. If I could hack in and merge the servers myself I'd do that ;)

To me it's a matter of principal. Bioware should be the one doing something. I don't mind playing solo sometimes, missing most of the heroic missions, I'm in a good guild so it's still enjoyable to play. If it gets to the point it isn't enjoyable because EA refuses to do anything about the server population issue I'll just quit.

There are lots of other options for entertainment out there. Why should i have to fix my own problems in a service I pay for.

I really need to stop buying Cartel Coins . . . curse you EA!

Time to get on their social networks until they respond.

Curse you for making me have to Tweet! Curse you to heck!

Edited by Evgen

Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!

Just a plain all out lie. The Devs are too lazy (and getting more money than most of us for doing basically nothing all day) to do anything about our (all customers, not just APAC) concerns.

What's sad is the "new" apologist for EA is questioning the number of peeps effected by the population on the aussie servers, and questioning the support for merges and/or transfers. Sigh where do these characters come from? :eek:

Who? where? link please?

Bunch of posts just got deleted. Nice.

How about a reply instead?

Note, deleting my post calling you out on deleting posts will be lame. But, if you do do it, that means mergers are coming before the new year.

BioWare has been deleting all posts and threads I've been making about APAC in the general forum. ****s sake BioWare, how about instead of deleting them you *********** do something about it, that'll stop me posting.

EDIT: I've reposted the thread, and will continue to do so until we receive a response. Don't let them silence us!

Edited by Chaori

I hope BW don't bring in paid transfers before a merge. I'd rather not have Dalborra die. :/

If they do a merge, then we will most likely all end up on a new server anyway...just like what happened with the US servers when they all merged.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=573540

Look for "Owen's" post.... like a certain other poster, who supported any and all EAs' actions and then suddenly disappeared :D, his posts read like handouts from EA central.

There's another post now telling us that it's against Bioware company policy to have less than 3 server playstyles and that we would be causing community outrage if they were merged...

There's another post now telling us that it's against Bioware company policy to have less than 3 server playstyles and that we would be causing community outrage if they were merged...

Link? And why has it taken 4 months to hear this?

Nvm, unless he can provide proof it's part of their policy he's just full of ****.

Edited by Chaori

I thought I would save the trouble of linking my posts to this thread,

Mate I will be damned if I do and damned if I dont which ever way i answer just accept that for me and for others in game we are having no issues playing the game and enjoy it. Not sure why that is so hard for some to grasp.

The biggest concern i have out of all this, is if they decide yep your right the APAC servers are more trouble then they are worth. Instead of pretending they don't exist lets make that a reality. Lets fix that and move them all to the US Servers, and lets face it the US and EU servers are currently complaining about lag and server disconnects and server full issues. do I want to join that mess, not particularly but I guess we can always just change the name of this thread.

I do hope the ability to server transfer becomes a reality soon, and that this is a workable solution for those that are dissatisfied.

If the server you are on is that bad, don't play on it, then if they see no one is playing on it that may tip their hand into doing something with it. just a thought.

It really annoys me that people jump to the "Oh they are just going to shut all 3 servers down".

That would be a terrible move from EAware.

This is all that needs to happen.

A new APAC server will be created. The server will be a PVE server. All players in APAC region are offered a FREE transfer for ALL of their characters to this server. People from the PvP and RP server will be offered transfers to either Bastion or Begeren Colony if they wish to keep their play style rather than the ping.

Done. Simple. Fixed. Easy to do

If you think it is commercially viable to run one server in a seperate location by all means keep believing that.

How many other major MMOs do this ? Wow? league of Legends ?

It is commericially viable if they get to shut down 2 inactive servers 1<3.

Obviously they forgot to teach you basic maths with your degree in economics you seem to possess.

If you think it is commercially viable to run one server in a seperate location by all means keep believing that.

How many other major MMOs do this ? Wow? league of Legends ?

League of legends has a bunch of servers hosted through Garena for South East Asia, and Australian one is being worked on.

Edited by scullzomben

League of legends has a bunch of servers hosted through Garena for South East Asoe, and Australian one is being worked on.

I can't seem to find that post can you provide a link where they are working on australian servers ?

I can find posts of people asking for them but nothing else.

i did find this one http://lol.garena.com/news/community/446-improved-australia-and-new-zealand-connection

But the fact EA is a business the above statement is true they need the numbers and one server alone is not commercially viable. The only long term hope is the population increases on at least 2 of the APAC servers or maybe they are happy with them and just monitoring at present. but calling for a server merge to one server is a nail in the coffin from a business perspective. Like i said if you want to believe one server is going to be viable as opposed to centralizing with the other servers by all means you have your right to believe that.

Edited by OwenBrooks